Can a man really turn into a woman?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Can a man really turn into a woman?

Gender is fluid, mutable, interchangeable, just a social construct (yes).
2
22%
Gender is fixed, immutable, not subject to change, sumthin' concretely intrinsic to the person (no).
7
78%
 
Total votes: 9

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 8364
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by Immanuel Can » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:49 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:52 am
Why do yanks think
Not a Yank. Sorry. My loss, perhaps, but that's how it is.
... that 'counselling and therapy' is the 'cure' for practically every misfortune that life throws at us?
There is a word for the 'counselling and therapy' industry. BULLSHIT.

You might say so. But when a man starts to think he's a woman, or a woman thinks she's a man, -- and they really believe it -- then they need help from somewhere, because they've genuinely lost touch with reality.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9078
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:33 am

Immanuel Can wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:49 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:52 am
Why do yanks think
Not a Yank. Sorry. My loss, perhaps, but that's how it is.
... that 'counselling and therapy' is the 'cure' for practically every misfortune that life throws at us?
There is a word for the 'counselling and therapy' industry. BULLSHIT.

You might say so. But when a man starts to think he's a woman, or a woman thinks she's a man, -- and they really believe it -- then they need help from somewhere, because they've genuinely lost touch with reality.
And what on earth is 'counselling' going to do about it?

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 8364
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by Immanuel Can » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:52 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:33 am
And what on earth is 'counselling' going to do about it?
On it's own? Enough in mind cases, perhaps. But in others, more protracted treatment may be indicated from combined therapies to hospitalization, in cases in which the sufferer has lost all grasp of reality.

Mental illnesses are often very complex, and sometimes involve things like long-term developmental maladjustments that may take years to correct fully, or even chemical imbalances in the brain, requiring medication. And one thing for sure: body dysmorphic disorder is often a serious mental illness. In some expressions of the disease, sufferers have come to believe they have to maim themselves -- gouge out eyes, sever limbs, become paralyzed, and so on -- before they can be "authentic." Clearly, these are people who need help, and aren't capable of mentally balancing themselves, or of coming to grips with reality.

To pretend to "normalize" their disease is just about the least kind thing one could do for such people. Yet that is the "solution" the virtue-signalling set of our society seems to have chosen.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9078
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:54 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:52 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:33 am
And what on earth is 'counselling' going to do about it?
On it's own? Enough in mind cases, perhaps. But in others, more protracted treatment may be indicated from combined therapies to hospitalization, in cases in which the sufferer has lost all grasp of reality.

Mental illnesses are often very complex, and sometimes involve things like long-term developmental maladjustments that may take years to correct fully, or even chemical imbalances in the brain, requiring medication. And one thing for sure: body dysmorphic disorder is often a serious mental illness. In some expressions of the disease, sufferers have come to believe they have to maim themselves -- gouge out eyes, sever limbs, become paralyzed, and so on -- before they can be "authentic." Clearly, these are people who need help, and aren't capable of mentally balancing themselves, or of coming to grips with reality.

To pretend to "normalize" their disease is just about the least kind thing one could do for such people. Yet that is the "solution" the virtue-signalling set of our society seems to have chosen.
Quackery. There is no cure for mental illness. If anything, so-called 'counsellors' do far more harm than good.

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 8364
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by Immanuel Can » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:11 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:54 pm
Quackery. There is no cure for mental illness. If anything, so-called 'counsellors' do far more harm than good.
Bad ones do. Good ones help. It's like anything else, really. But there is cure for some mental illnesses, and compassionate people try.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9078
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:24 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:11 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:54 pm
Quackery. There is no cure for mental illness. If anything, so-called 'counsellors' do far more harm than good.
Bad ones do. Good ones help. It's like anything else, really. But there is cure for some mental illnesses, and compassionate people try.
Is that the line of work you are in? I've never met a normal person yet who is in that industry. In fact ironically they are invariably about the least empathetic people I've encountered--or perhaps they go into that line of work because they naturally have little empathy, and seriously believe that some bullshit non-degree will teach it to them (similar to serial virtue-signallers).
As for psychiatrists, they are just glorified drug-pushers. If they could cure mental illness then there would be no more schizophrenics. Depression and suicide are at epidemic proportions in Western countries (the countries where 'counsellors' and 'therapists' are as prevalent as flies after a cholera outbreak in a third world country).

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 8364
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by Immanuel Can » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:29 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:24 pm
Is that the line of work you are in? I've never met a normal person yet who is in that industry. In fact ironically they are invariably about the least empathetic people I've encountered--or perhaps they go into that line of work because they naturally have little empathy, and seriously believe that some bullshit non-degree will teach it to them (similar to serial virtue-signallers).
As for psychiatrists, they are just glorified drug-pushers. If they could cure mental illness then there would be no more schizophrenics. Depression and suicide are at epidemic proportions in Western countries (the countries where 'counsellors' and 'therapists' are as prevalent as flies after a cholera outbreak in a third world country).
Well, sometimes it's not a case of cure, but of management so the sufferer can have some level of function in society, and can be happier and more well-adjusted than he/she would be without help. And sometimes, it's a case of protecting the public, or the sufferer, from what happens when that sufferer is off meds. And sometimes, it's actually a case of cure. But nothing's guaranteed, when you're talking about the human psyche.

I know someone who went off his meds, then nearly killed his own daughter. On meds, it's a thing he never would have contemplated doing, and he was horrified after the fact. But in his delusion, he thought he was "saving" her. What would you have us do for him, and for the well-being of his daughter?

And...what is it, exactly, that you would do for the mentally ill? They obviously exist, so what would you have them do, other than live with their misery and die in a ditch?

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9078
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:29 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:24 pm
Is that the line of work you are in? I've never met a normal person yet who is in that industry. In fact ironically they are invariably about the least empathetic people I've encountered--or perhaps they go into that line of work because they naturally have little empathy, and seriously believe that some bullshit non-degree will teach it to them (similar to serial virtue-signallers).
As for psychiatrists, they are just glorified drug-pushers. If they could cure mental illness then there would be no more schizophrenics. Depression and suicide are at epidemic proportions in Western countries (the countries where 'counsellors' and 'therapists' are as prevalent as flies after a cholera outbreak in a third world country).
Well, sometimes it's not a case of cure, but of management so the sufferer can have some level of function in society, and can be happier and more well-adjusted than he/she would be without help. And sometimes, it's a case of protecting the public, or the sufferer, from what happens when that sufferer is off meds. And sometimes, it's actually a case of cure. But nothing's guaranteed, when you're talking about the human psyche.

I know someone who went off his meds, then nearly killed his own daughter. On meds, it's a thing he never would have contemplated doing, and he was horrified after the fact. But in his delusion, he thought he was "saving" her. What would you have us do for him, and for the well-being of his daughter?

And...what is it, exactly, that you would do for the mentally ill? They obviously exist, so what would you have them do, other than live with their misery and die in a ditch?
It has nothing to do with what I would 'have them do'. They are still 'living with their misery and dying in ditches' despite (or because of?) the boom in the 'therapy' industry. It doesn't seem to be doing a heck of a lot of good does it?
'Meds' are all you can do for the genuinely mentally ill. The fact that your friend killed his daughter after going off them would seem to back up my assertion that there are no cures for mental illness. Anti-psychotic medications have horrible side effects.
Unfortunately the dangerously mentally ill are no longer kept apart from mainstream society (another thing when can 'thank' PCdo-goodery for).

Nick_A
Posts: 4910
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by Nick_A » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:49 pm

If fish can change their sex, why can't humans?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_change
Some species exhibit sequential hermaphroditism. In these species, such as many species of coral reef fishes, sex change is a normal anatomical process.[1] Clownfish, wrasses, moray eels, gobies[2] and other fish species are known to change sex, including reproductive functions. A school of clownfish is always built into a hierarchy with a female fish at the top. When she dies, the most dominant male changes sex and takes her place.[3] In the wrasses (the family Labridae), sex change is from female to male, with the largest female of the harem changing into a male and taking over the harem upon the disappearance of the previous dominant male.
The modern clownmen are ruled by women. When the ruling woman dies, a clownman voluntarily has a sex change operation to become a woman and a feminist necessary to dominate the hierarchy and continue the tradition founded by clownfish.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 7540
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by henry quirk » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:05 pm

Nick_A wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:49 pm
If fish can change their sex, why can't humans?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_change
Some species exhibit sequential hermaphroditism. In these species, such as many species of coral reef fishes, sex change is a normal anatomical process.[1] Clownfish, wrasses, moray eels, gobies[2] and other fish species are known to change sex, including reproductive functions. A school of clownfish is always built into a hierarchy with a female fish at the top. When she dies, the most dominant male changes sex and takes her place.[3] In the wrasses (the family Labridae), sex change is from female to male, with the largest female of the harem changing into a male and taking over the harem upon the disappearance of the previous dominant male.
The modern clownmen are ruled by women. When the ruling woman dies, a clownman voluntarily has a sex change operation to become a woman and a feminist necessary to dominate the hierarchy and continue the tradition founded by clownfish.
Human beings aren't fish.

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 8364
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by Immanuel Can » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:07 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:43 pm
Unfortunately the dangerously mentally ill are no longer kept apart from mainstream society (another thing when can 'thank' PCdo-goodery for).
Well, you didn't answer my question, but maybe this gives us your answer by implication -- it seems you want to "keep them apart"...is that correct?

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 7540
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by henry quirk » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:23 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:07 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:43 pm
Unfortunately the dangerously mentally ill are no longer kept apart from mainstream society (another thing when can 'thank' PCdo-goodery for).
Well, you didn't answer my question, but maybe this gives us your answer by implication -- it seems you want to "keep them apart"...is that correct?
I say: let 'em wander the streets, pick 'em off like clownfish in a barrel, easy-peasy -- especially in Californy -- just wait till they squat.

Headshots.

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 8364
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by Immanuel Can » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:49 pm

henry quirk wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:23 pm
especially in Californy
In California, the mentally ill are in public office, not in the streets.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 7540
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by henry quirk » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:56 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:49 pm
henry quirk wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:23 pm
especially in Californy
In California, the mentally ill are in public office, not in the streets.
They're everywhere.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9078
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:25 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:07 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:43 pm
Unfortunately the dangerously mentally ill are no longer kept apart from mainstream society (another thing when can 'thank' PCdo-goodery for).
Well, you didn't answer my question, but maybe this gives us your answer by implication -- it seems you want to "keep them apart"...is that correct?
Brilliant deduction, given my use of the word 'unfortunately'. Unfortunate for them, and unfortunate for everyone else.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests