Can a man really turn into a woman?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Can a man really turn into a woman?

Gender is fluid, mutable, interchangeable, just a social construct (yes).
22%
Gender is fixed, immutable, not subject to change, sumthin' concretely intrinsic to the person (no).
78%

Total votes: 9

Sculptor

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:09 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:38 pm I know what the NTS fallacy means.
Great! :D Then from now on, you'll be using it correctly, I suppose.

I'm not holding my breath, though....
You might try and read properly then we'll all be happier.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Sculptor wrote:You might try and read properly then we'll all be happier.
That's the kettle callin' the pot black, right there.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:34 pm
gaffo wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:02 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:52 pm

Maybe you do not realise, but the Y chromosome does not kick in until the foetal womb and ovaries is already in development.
?????????????? - and ? - to quote an old show "what you talking about willis"?

all eggs are female - with 23 comosomes (gametes) - not one of them offer a Y chomosome.

that means all eggs are female.

the male gamete (23 chomos) offer the 50/50 - either affirming female - X or offering the Y.

this is simple biology sir.
What I am telling you is factual.
no, its not, the male gamete makes one male, all female gametes are female.

you seem to have a poor understanding of biology Sir.

Y chromosome does not kick in until the foetal womb and ovaries is already in development

WHF?

all that is need is for two gametes to merge and so to form an Embrio.

- in theory two men (or even one man using two of his sperm), given an artificial whom (or using a man's abominal wall (or implant the feotus in a women surregate) - can make a "Baby" - and the result will be a normal boy or girl - dertermined by one of the two spirm's chomosomes - if both are X then you get a girl, if one has a Y you get a boy.

you can do the same using two women (or one woman, using two of her eggs) - then use an artifical whom, or a naturel one.............in all cases it will become a human girl - ALLWAYS - since there is no Y chomosome in ANY egg from ANY woman.

this is basic biology 101 Sir.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I voted "no". I don't think a human can change their chromosomes from one configuration to another and, except in extraordinarily rare outlier cases or else through very artificial techniques, I don't think males can be made to give birth. I imagine geneticists may someday be able to change the sex of a fertilized egg or something small like that (maybe) but I wouldn't think they'll ever be able to change the sex of a more developed human who already has trillions of cells formed with either XY or XX chromosomes.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:19 am this is basic biology 101 Sir.
No this is advanced Biology 201.
Look it up!
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:05 am I voted "no". I don't think a human can change their chromosomes from one configuration to another and, except in extraordinarily rare outlier cases or else through very artificial techniques, I don't think males can be made to give birth. I imagine geneticists may someday be able to change the sex of a fertilized egg or something small like that (maybe) but I wouldn't think they'll ever be able to change the sex of a more developed human who already has trillions of cells formed with either XY or XX chromosomes.
👍🏻
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:47 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:05 am I voted "no". I don't think a human can change their chromosomes from one configuration to another and, except in extraordinarily rare outlier cases or else through very artificial techniques, I don't think males can be made to give birth. I imagine geneticists may someday be able to change the sex of a fertilized egg or something small like that (maybe) but I wouldn't think they'll ever be able to change the sex of a more developed human who already has trillions of cells formed with either XY or XX chromosomes.
👍🏻
Well, yeah, thumbs up.

But also, even if it became possible for XX chromosomes to be (say) converted at the DNA level to XYs, what would make it possible for someone who had lived half his life as a man to THINK, FEEL, EXPERIENCE and HAVE HISTORY as if he had been a woman during that time instead? Even if we could change every detail of his physiology, could we change one iota about his history or his psychology? Of course not. His history would still be his history...the history of a man, and his psychological formation would be the psychological formation of a man.

Without a time machine to supplement our DNA reconstruction, nothing's going to change that.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:52 pm
henry quirk wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:47 pm
👍🏻
Well, yeah, thumbs up.

But also, even if it became possible for XX chromosomes to be (say) converted at the DNA level to XYs, what would make it possible for someone who had lived half his life as a man to THINK, FEEL, EXPERIENCE and HAVE HISTORY as if he had been a woman during that time instead? Even if we could change every detail of his physiology, could we change one iota about his history or his psychology? Of course not. His history would still be his history...the history of a man, and his psychological formation would be the psychological formation of a man.

Without a time machine to supplement our DNA reconstruction, nothing's going to change that.
I think the point is: it ain't gonna happen.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:17 pm I think the point is: it ain't gonna happen.
Yeah, that's the point. There's no way it has ever happened, or will ever happen. And yet, the Progressivists keep claiming that not only does it happen, it ought to happen for anybody.

But "ought" implies "can." Nobody can possibly have any moral duty to do, or provide for others to do, that which they simply cannot ever do.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

You guys are idiots, and it's because you don't understand the brain/mind. Which is also why you don't understand the topic.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:25 pm You guys are idiots...
Great way to contribute...insult every person participating, with your first line.

Yep, that will get you a hearing. :lol:
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:25 pm You guys are idiots, and it's because you don't understand the brain/mind. Which is also why you don't understand the topic.
So, you believe gender is fluid, mutable, interchangeable, just a social construct, yeah?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Another examaple of PCfuckturds contradicting themselves. If gender is 'fluid' and a 'social construct', then how can a male be born with a 'female brain'? I almost feel sorry for the PC, except that they are so arrogant and full of their own importance that they are completely oblivious to their stupidity and total absence of logic in their own positions. The most conceited of people. I mean, how full of yourself would you have to be, to believe yourself the moral standard-bearer for humanity? (unless it's a 'protected group'--they can do what they like)
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:28 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:25 pm You guys are idiots...
Great way to contribute...insult every person participating, with your first line.

Yep, that will get you a hearing. :lol:
I.C.: You and some others aren't listening anyway. Some very worthwhile considerations have been put forth, but you guys just snort and yuck it up like you're authorities on everything in the Universe. I agree with SOB... you guys are idiots. Not because you think differently, but because you act like idiots in the discussions here. Ganging up on Sculptor, along with some other gang-related spewing, shows the need to prop up small and limited views. It also shows that you're unwilling to consider topics very broadly: it's more about thinking/proclaiming yourselves "right", no matter how foolishly rigid your views might actually be. Just as it has been throughout history, when mankind struggles against broader thinking. Here on this forum, some only want to stand atop their steaming piles like royalty of their creation.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:06 pm If gender is 'fluid' and a 'social construct', then how can a male be born with a 'female brain'?
Right. Exactly. There's no such thing, if there's no objective thing called a "male" brain. So one can't "need" to be (what one imagines to be) a "female," because there's no "female" brain in one's male head.

But I think you've got it right: it's not about truth. It's only about posturing as "open minded" at all costs, regardless of who it hurts.