What do men and women actually really want from each other?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: What do men and women actually really want from each other?

Post by Lacewing » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:09 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:42 am
In the context of there is no you without other is it true.
What does this concept have to do with your extreme statements: "people being obsessed with their own image", and being "a total void without other people to be their mirrors"? Your statements (which seem extreme and limited) are what I was responding to.
Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:42 am
But then you wouldn't understand that context would you Lacewing simply because you are addicted to your own context, the way you see it.
Of course I understand that context...AS YOU ALREADY FUCKING KNOW. What I don't agree with are your extreme statements, that you then try to dance around in denial. :lol:
Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:42 am
everything that is the external world is a reflection of the inner consciousness.
Please explain how that works for very young children.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: What do men and women actually really want from each other?

Post by Lacewing » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:20 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:52 am
Lacewing wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:45 pm
Can you see that you're making some extreme blanket statements here?
So? :roll:
So you think extreme blanket statements are TRUE?
Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:52 am
you only see what you want to see.
Do you only see what you want to see?
Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:52 am
I see only the truth behind the eyes of another.
:lol: Oh yes, Swami DAM sees only the truth. That's why she often rants with such conflict. What a load of crap.

Do you think OTHER PEOPLE can see the TRUTH behind YOUR EYES??

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: What do men and women actually really want from each other?

Post by Lacewing » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:25 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:00 am
I don't deny anything.
You're denying that you deny.
Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:00 am
Nonduality is about 'being'.
Lacewing wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:45 pm
So is duality.
There is no such ''thing'' as Nonduality. Non-duality IS duality.
Then all of it is about being... just like I said.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: What do men and women actually really want from each other?

Post by Lacewing » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:14 am
Whereas I don't deny anything and see unlimited vast potential in everything and everywhere.
WHEN it appears that way for you. Then there are the times it doesn't appear that way for you.
Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:14 am
Those who choose to be a philosopher can only know what they know so far.
Agreed... in regard to any human being (not just philosophers).
Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:14 am
And that any knowing will only arise as and when it becomes known and not one second before
??? Do you think such "knowing" is real and profound, and only comes to those who are ready for it?
Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:14 am
so in effect limitation is about experiencing the unlimited potential that you are infinitely for eternity.
Does that idea negate the concept and effects of limitation?

Nick_A
Posts: 4246
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: What do men and women actually really want from each other?

Post by Nick_A » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:23 pm

Men and women have the desire to become one as was initially intended. We have lost the beauty of the third sex and now must suffer duality. Aristophanes remembers the good ol days:

https://locvsamoenvs.wordpress.com/2014 ... e-of-love/
“In the first place, let me treat of the nature of man and what has happened to it; for the original human nature was not like the present, but different. The sexes were not two as they are now, but originally three in number; there was man, woman, and the union of the two, having a name corresponding to this double nature, which had once a real existence, but is now lost, and the word “Androgynous” is only preserved as a term of reproach.”....................

............“In the second place, the primeval man was round, his back and sides forming a circle; and he had four hands and four feet, one head with two faces, looking opposite ways, set on a round neck and precisely alike; also four ears, two sets of genitals, and the remainder as one would imagine. He could walk upright as men now do, backwards or forwards as he pleased, and he could also roll over and over at a great pace, turning on his four hands and four feet, eight in all, like acrobats going over and over with their legs in the air; this was when he wanted to run fast.”
Being round primeval man knew how to have a real roll in the hay. If there ever was a persuasive argument against duality and the separation of the sexes, this is it. Consider what has been lost.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 6894
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: What do men and women actually really want from each other?

Post by Dontaskme » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:06 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:42 am
everything that is the external world is a reflection of the inner consciousness.
Lacewing wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:09 pm
Please explain how that works for very young children.
Children don't need to have reality explained to them, they can, and usually do figure it out for themselves.

Also, Children are born into a world that is not their own...rather, the world into which they are born is built upon the thoughts of others that came before them.. that they then take on as their own or NOT.....as seen here as evidence to that fact >

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a584H2KRB0

However, Lacewing, you'll probably not watch the video because you lack the ability to see the real truth for what it actually is in favor of your own model.

.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: What do men and women actually really want from each other?

Post by Lacewing » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:10 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:06 am
Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:42 am
everything that is the external world is a reflection of the inner consciousness.
Lacewing wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:09 pm
Please explain how that works for very young children.
Children don't need to have reality explained to them, they can, and usually do figure it out for themselves.
Sooo…"everything that is the external world is NOT a reflection of the inner consciousness". Correct?

Children are an example of this, as are some adults. Correct?
Dontaskme wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:06 am
you'll probably not watch the video because you lack the ability to see the real truth for what it actually is in favor of your own model.
Why do you say I lack the ability? Please explain your reasoning for stating any ability that I lack? And please explain your reasoning for proclaiming "the real truth"?

I simply don't click on links. I have no interest in watching what people want me to watch. I'm more interested in what people can say and demonstrate for themselves in their own words.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 6894
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: What do men and women actually really want from each other?

Post by Dontaskme » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:20 am

Lacewing wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:10 pm

Sooo…"everything that is the external world is NOT a reflection of the inner consciousness". Correct?
Incorrect.

I said the external world IS a reflection of the inner consciousness, and that statement includes children who have become self-aware.
You asked me the question: [''Please explain how that works for very young children''] But if you'd watched the video you would have seen how that works for very young children for yourself. Sometimes things don't have to be explained, they can just be observed and then recognised. The video was a good example and would have cut short what could have possibly taken many hours to explain in words. Have you not heard of the phrases ''showing by example'' or ''learning by application'' have you not heard of the concept ''Tutorials'' ??

Anyone who believes they are a thinker with their own consciousness, aka most adults and children, go on to create an external world of their own thinking, via their inner mentation which is reflected in the world apparently outside of them. This is a scientific fact.

We're not talking about children before the age of self-awareness.Such infants have no concept of otherness separate from themself whom are only identified with their own being, albeit unknowingly.
I should know this because I've observed child behavior from the age of 0 so I'm qualified and experienced enough to know it.
Sometimes you have to observe the external world of things in order to understand a subject that is being a pointed too, especially when you want to learn something about that subject ..if you already know the subject, then it doesn't matter anyway. It's not like one is being forced to learn the same thing twice. That's what science is based on, it's based on the external actuality of a thing as evidence to the fact.
Sometimes it help to demonstrtate something that is being shown by using props. But you seem to be too lazy and too stubborn to comply with such discussions, and that makes discussing my own particular subject matters with you very difficult and tasking, so there is nothing further here that I can show you.

Notice I'm showing you, not teaching you stuff, if you don't want to look then there's nothing I can do about that.
There will be no further discussion with you and I - for I come to this forum to speak the truth, whereas you seem to just want to come to this forum to Attack!! ...so in my own words..I'm not interested in people who's only motive and agenda is to attack..


Come back when you've watched the demonstration I supplied - in answer to your question: [''Please explain how that works for very young children'']

Have you ever heard of white-black boards / screens etc..platforms on which things can be demonstrated..and how they are sometimes really really helpful when demonstrating by applying and showing how certain points of view can be read by all??

Nevermind, you insult my intelliegnce, I can't be bothered with you anymore, as much as I've tried and tried and tried with you, but it's always the same old result... insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I'm totally done with discussing anything with you.

Byeee.



.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8164
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: What do men and women actually really want from each other?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:19 am

Inside the mind of idiot children perhaps.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 6894
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: What do men and women actually really want from each other?

Post by Dontaskme » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:35 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:19 am
Inside the mind of idiot children perhaps.
Any ''thing'' that believes it has a mind. Will use that believing mind for it's own deluded self-serving often selfish purpose to get what it wants. Namely, pleasure and comfort in it's futile attempt to avoid the negative of suffering. It's how the mind works. However, there simply is no mind, the mind is totally self-less. The mind is comprised of empty 'thoughts' Try telling that to the ''thought'' that believes it is that ''thought'' and watch what happens.

I AM the first and last IDIOT.

.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8164
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: What do men and women actually really want from each other?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:01 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:35 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:19 am
Inside the mind of idiot children perhaps.
Any ''thing'' that believes it has a mind. Will use that believing mind for it's own deluded self-serving often selfish purpose to get what it wants. Namely, pleasure and comfort in it's futile attempt to avoid the negative of suffering. It's how the mind works. However, there simply is no mind, the mind is totally self-less. The mind is comprised of empty 'thoughts' Try telling that to the ''thought'' that believes it is that ''thought'' and watch what happens.

I AM the first and last IDIOT.

.
Do you have any evidence for any of that? Do you have the guts to re-write it into something that actually makes sense? Airy-fairy non-speak doesn't fool me. Walker is an expert at it.


Walker
Posts: 6836
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: What do men and women actually really want from each other?

Post by Walker » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:54 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:06 am
Children don't need to have reality explained to them, they can, and usually do figure it out for themselves.
On the contrary, children usually ask a lot of questions, although these days in the role of little smart-phone fact-checkers they may be testing your knowledge.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: What do men and women actually really want from each other?

Post by Lacewing » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:13 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:20 am
(rant of the moment)
Your whole response is a rant based on distorted thoughts in your own head. You really didn't have to put so much energy into it... but I could tell you were enjoying your self-indulgence. :lol:
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:20 am

if you'd watched the video you would have seen how that works for very young children for yourself. Sometimes things don't have to be explained, they can just be observed and then recognised.
I asked for YOUR explanation...not some video. I know how it works. I wanted you to explain the following (which you finally touch on after going off with your video lecture)…

Your claim was: "Everything that is the external world is a reflection of the inner consciousness". If this were true, there would be NO EXTERNAL WORLD for those who don't identify with ideas of separateness. Yet there clearly is an external world that affects them. So your statement does not appear to be true. No video needed.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:20 am
We're not talking about children before the age of self-awareness. Such infants have no concept of otherness separate from themselves...
Well, that's who I was talking about because they're a perfect example that disproves your statement -- along with your own claim of "some adults".
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:20 am
you seem to be too lazy and too stubborn to comply with such discussions (e.g. looking at links)
I've seen enough links in my life to know that people post what is interesting or funny TO THEM -- and such links are therefore skewed -- so I choose not to devote energy to the links of crazy-ass people. There is nothing lazy or stubborn about that.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:20 am
that makes discussing my own particular subject matters with you very difficult and tasking, so there is nothing further here that I can show you.
How sad that you must use links to communicate and explain yourself. I think maybe the reason you can't explain some things is because you're full of shit sometimes. You make extreme statements while going off on a rant or trying to make a point -- then someone challenges you to show how such statements are not universal or constant -- at which point you pull out all of your bat-shit crazy and start slinging it in all directions. See, I understand perfectly! :lol:
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:20 am
There will be no further discussion with you and I - for I come to this forum to speak the truth, whereas you seem to just want to come to this forum to Attack!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

WHICH truth, DAM? Your truth? Are you also unaware of all the attacking statements you just launched at me? Why don't you pull your head out and take a fresh look around. :D
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:20 am
...so in my own words..I'm not interested in people who's only motive and agenda is to attack..
Do you consider it an attack for someone to challenge what you say???
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:20 am
Nevermind, you insult my intelliegnce, I can't be bothered with you anymore, as much as I've tried and tried and tried with you, but it's always the same old result...
:lol: You really are playing an old scratched up record, aren't you?!!
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:20 am
insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I'm totally done with discussing anything with you.
Because I challenge you to stop thinking in the same ways over and over again?

Because you like the grooves of your insanity?

See how much is clear through simple written communication? No links needed! :lol:

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 6894
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: What do men and women actually really want from each other?

Post by Dontaskme » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:52 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:01 am


Do you have any evidence for any of that? Do you have the guts to re-write it into something that actually makes sense? Airy-fairy non-speak doesn't fool me. Walker is an expert at it.
We’re all entitled to make up our own stories. That’s basically all adult children are doing all the time, playing make belief with their bullshit stories ..no one said they have to make sense. How does one make sense of something from nothing.

.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests