Is sex-selective abortion an immoral thing to do?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Is sex-selective abortion an immoral thing to do?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dubious wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:35 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:48 pm
Dubious wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:24 pm

Much better than he treated the menfolk. From what I recall he originally played the Kreutzer sonata with a quite famous black and talented musician to whom he originally meant to the dedicate the work. But at lunch one time this fellow mentioned a host of girlfriends one of whom was dear to Beethoven. It was clear what was going to happen next. He flew in a complete rage told him to fuck off and rededicated the sonata.
So there won't be a mass campaign to ban him from airwaves and history.
That happened during the first World War. Beethoven and most German composers were banned in America for being German including German literature. Faust was burned and Beethoven was banned. No Freude, schöner Götterfunken for German-Americans or any Americans for awhile. Had it been England instead of Germany I'm sure they would have banned Shakespeare as well.
No Bach. And what about the mile long list of inventions and discoveries by Germans? I can't see them banning anything that inconvenienced them personally. Easy enough to pick on people like Beethoven and Freud.
So much hypocrisy.
Not even sure why on earth the US got involved in a war that was essentially over a squabble between two toffee-nosed royal european cousins.
Oh yeah. Money for their arms manufacturers.