Islam for Feminism?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

JohnHermes

Re: Islam for Feminism?

Post by JohnHermes » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:04 am

Islam originally a religion based on dualism. Meaning the "female" aspect of God is hidden. The true meaning of a womans "veil" has nothing to do with what she wears, and everything to do with spiritually.

Dachshund

Post by Dachshund » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:11 am

Logik wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:51 am
dorothea wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:46 am
Not quite a Muslim yet. You must say the shahada - There is no God but Allah and Mohammmed is his prophet. It does not matter is you say it voluntarily or with a knife at your throat: say it and you're in. The distinction between outcome and intention does not figure in Islamic practice.
Yes! Good point. Let me fix that.

There is no God but Allah and Mohammmed is his prophet.
لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا ٱلله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ ٱلله

Now I am a Muslim, right?

Allah, not that I am negotiating (but I am) please make sure VA is NOT on the list of virgins. OK? Thanks.
No, you're not quite there yet. Now, too finish the process of conversion to the faith, you need to perform a ritual ablution. This is generally done these days by simply taking a shower. (i.e; "shower" in the sense of washing yourself under the water from a bathroom shower) This symbolic cleansing is a very important part of converting to the Islamic faith.

Regards

Dachshund

Logik

Post by Logik » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:19 am

Dachshund wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:11 am
Logik wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:51 am
dorothea wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:46 am
Not quite a Muslim yet. You must say the shahada - There is no God but Allah and Mohammmed is his prophet. It does not matter is you say it voluntarily or with a knife at your throat: say it and you're in. The distinction between outcome and intention does not figure in Islamic practice.
Yes! Good point. Let me fix that.

There is no God but Allah and Mohammmed is his prophet.
لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا ٱلله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ ٱلله

Now I am a Muslim, right?

Allah, not that I am negotiating (but I am) please make sure VA is NOT on the list of virgins. OK? Thanks.
No, you're not quite there yet. Now, too finish the process of conversion to the faith, you need to perform a ritual ablution. This is generally done these days by simply taking a shower. (i.e; "shower" in the sense of washing yourself under the water from a bathroom shower) This symbolic cleansing is a very important part of converting to the Islamic faith.

Regards

Dachshund
I have showered every day since.

Last one was 20 minutes ago.

I am sure we can tick that box?

Belinda

Post by Belinda » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:48 am

Is the problem with Islamic ideology that no further interpretations of the Koran are permitted?