Bias Against Transgenders

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker
Posts: 6844
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Walker » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:11 pm

-1- wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:32 pm

The concern is to easily point out the inherent and irreconcilable failure of Christianity as a coherent faith. If its alleged god's words were indeed the words of a god, then there would be uniformity of worship.
That's the view of a self-proclaimed outsider.

Could be the inside scoop affords a different view.

Walker
Posts: 6844
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Walker » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:22 pm

Walker wrote:Philosophy need not be faith-based.

The only reason to care about another’s philosophy is to evaluate it as a potential threat to well-being or life in regards to yourself or innocents.
-1- wrote:This I don't buy. Take your example or mine, or anyone else's on this board. None of the opposing philosophies for anyone concerned is a potential threat to well-being or life. Yet we argue about the finer details, because we CARE. ERGO, your claim is false.
I do say old fellow, I stated "only reason to care," as you can see by the added underlining.

You in turn have offered no other reason to care, than the reason I stated.

You have only said that you care, and you have hopefully added others to bolster your claim of caring.
Does your caring come without reasons?

Folks who frequent philosophy forums often possess the capacity to know why they care. :wink:
Perhaps you confuse caring with something else.

The original assertion stands, so now you must "buy it."
Last edited by Walker on Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Walker
Posts: 6844
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Walker » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:27 pm

Walker wrote:Learn tolerance to bear it, or suffer the hearing of it if you can’t learn tolerance, or physically stop your hearing, or silence the speaker either legally or illegally.
Walker wrote:One more options: prove him wrong logically. That's the accepted and wide-spread practice on these boards.
That never silenced everyone, so you still must tolerate or suffer.

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2832
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by -1- » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:08 am

Walker wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:22 pm
Walker wrote:Philosophy need not be faith-based.

The only reason to care about another’s philosophy is to evaluate it as a potential threat to well-being or life in regards to yourself or innocents.
-1- wrote:This I don't buy. Take your example or mine, or anyone else's on this board. None of the opposing philosophies for anyone concerned is a potential threat to well-being or life. Yet we argue about the finer details, because we CARE. ERGO, your claim is false.
I do say old fellow, I stated "only reason to care," as you can see by the added underlining.

You in turn have offered no other reason to care, than the reason I stated.

You have only said that you care, and you have hopefully added others to bolster your claim of caring.
Does your caring come without reasons?

Folks who frequent philosophy forums often possess the capacity to know why they care. :wink:
Perhaps you confuse caring with something else.

The original assertion stands, so now you must "buy it."
You are not following my reasoning.

You wrote: the only reason to care. There are no other reasons in your opinion.

The only reason to care is if we fear that has a detrimental effect on us.

But it has no detrimental effect on us.

YET we still care.

Therefore the ONLY reason is not the only reason; there are other reasons as well.

That's what my argument was.

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2832
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by -1- » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:09 am

Walker wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:27 pm
Walker wrote:Learn tolerance to bear it, or suffer the hearing of it if you can’t learn tolerance, or physically stop your hearing, or silence the speaker either legally or illegally.
-1- wrote: (and not Walker wrote) One more option: prove him wrong logically. That's the accepted and wide-spread practice on these boards.
That never silenced everyone, so you still must tolerate or suffer.
Not immediately on the spot. But on the long term, yes.

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2832
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by -1- » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:13 am

Walker wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:11 pm
-1- wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:32 pm

The concern is to easily point out the inherent and irreconcilable failure of Christianity as a coherent faith. If its alleged god's words were indeed the words of a god, then there would be uniformity of worship.
That's the view of a self-proclaimed outsider.

Could be the inside scoop affords a different view.
the claim in red is independent of whether you look at it from the inisde or from the outside. A Baptist will never accept that an RC is a true Christian, and an RC will never consent to a marriage with Baptist ceremony.

You can't get any more inside than that.

Your argument about inside/ outside is an irrelevant argument. The state of affairs IS, it exists, in only one, undeniable state or way.

Walker
Posts: 6844
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Walker » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:51 pm

-1- wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:08 am

Therefore the ONLY reason is not the only reason; there are other reasons as well.
No other reasons apply to all us and we, which are the parameters that you set.
Last edited by Walker on Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Walker
Posts: 6844
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Walker » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:53 pm

-1- wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:13 am
Walker wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:11 pm
-1- wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:32 pm

The concern is to easily point out the inherent and irreconcilable failure of Christianity as a coherent faith. If its alleged god's words were indeed the words of a god, then there would be uniformity of worship.
That's the view of a self-proclaimed outsider.

Could be the inside scoop affords a different view.
the claim in red is independent of whether you look at it from the inisde or from the outside. A Baptist will never accept that an RC is a true Christian, and an RC will never consent to a marriage with Baptist ceremony.

You can't get any more inside than that.

Your argument about inside/ outside is an irrelevant argument. The state of affairs IS, it exists, in only one, undeniable state or way.
You seem to be refuting your own self-labeling of outsider.

Walker
Posts: 6844
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Walker » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:57 pm

-1- wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:08 am
But it has no detrimental effect on us.
That's your personal evaluation based on your knowledge, which is limited.
YET we still care.
Delusion is a cause to care for many, but not all.

You care to participate because you have evaluated that participation has no detrimental effect on "us," which is a huge assumption btw. Other folks may care because of the evaluation that participation does have a detrimental effect, on "us."
Therefore the ONLY reason is not the only reason; there are other reasons as well.
None that apply to all (you + anyone else), unless you get very general with causes such as, because everyone breathes.

Here's the original language, which you have already changed with the word, detrimental, which I've learned to tolerate in place of suffering "our" proclivity to change the wording. :wink:

It applies to us, them, and transgenders, too.*

The only reason to care about another’s philosophy is to evaluate it as a potential threat to well-being or life in regards to yourself or innocents.

Other than word games, can you possibly state another relevant reason that applies to all to refute the assertion? Would you like to learn about another's philosophy so that you and innocents are threatened? Probably not. You want to know that you are not threatened by that philosophy. But I would imagine that Christians would want to know if another's philosophy includes beheading Christians, because that is a threat to well-being or life.

The most basic greeting: Who goes there, friend or foe?


* Is there any other reason for bias other than a perceived threat (biased against), or perceived non-threat (biased for)?
- Is there any danger other than grave? (Using life as the measure and not the color of today's outfit, or not the brand of one's cell-phone).
- Is there any reason to move a muscle other than attraction or aversion?
- Does the muscle movement propel towards or way from attraction or aversion?
- Do you leap towards danger (another's karma**) or run from it (aversion)?


** Some saints can physically take on the karma of others as a helping hand, e.g., Neem Karoli Baba, Bhagawan Nityananda, but such a movement is beyond self.

Nick_A
Posts: 4257
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Nick_A » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:46 pm

If you are asked "what is a Christian" how will you reply?

Walker
Posts: 6844
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Walker » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:34 pm

They so much wanted it to be their bias.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... tt-flames/

Nick_A
Posts: 4257
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Nick_A » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:06 am

Martina Navratilova has proven herself to be politically incorrect and offensive to the LGBT community

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/282 ... e-cheating

Martina Navratilova:
Transgender Athletes in Women's Sport Is Insane, Cheating
"To put the argument at its most basic: a man can decide to be female, take hormones if required by whatever sporting organization is concerned, win everything in sight and perhaps earn a small fortune, and then reverse his decision and go back to making babies if he so desires," she wrote.
"You can't just proclaim yourself a female and be able to compete against women," the 18-time Grand Slam champion wrote. "There must be some standards, and having a penis and competing as a woman would not fit that standard."

Her comment received backlash at the time and her latest article has brought on further criticism from the LGBT community.

"It's a wild fantasy worry that is an irrational fear of something that doesn't happen," world track cycling champion and transgender athlete Rachel McKinnon tweeted Monday. "An irrational fear of trans people? Transphobia."
Martina has forgotten that we live in the modern generation in which you are what you say you are. to suggest standards is being guilty of something ending in ist like racist for example and cannot be tolerated by the modern progressive educated community.

If penis envy has produced a penis on a woman formally considered a man she is a woman and can win big bucks in women's tennis..

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4389
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Greta » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:32 am

Given that every single person on the thread has agreed, why do you keep attacking? It's all a bit weird and obsessive IMO.

I wonder if evangelical Christians will ever muster the same passion for the poor or the natural environment as they do for attacking queer people? That would be a happy day, but unrealistic.

Walker
Posts: 6844
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Walker » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:46 am

Baseless attacks on Navratilova simply for speaking her well-informed opinion can happen to anyone.

Martina is an “elder”, and an admirable person.
She should be heard on the topic.

She’s always been a PC-denier, a fiery and passionate, unique woman.

Transgenders are shaping up as misogynists.

Nick_A
Posts: 4257
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Nick_A » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:42 pm

Greta wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:32 am
Given that every single person on the thread has agreed, why do you keep attacking? It's all a bit weird and obsessive IMO.

I wonder if evangelical Christians will ever muster the same passion for the poor or the natural environment as they do for attacking queer people? That would be a happy day, but unrealistic.
There is no attack against queer people.The attack if you want to call it that, is the current lunacy captivating the progressive mind that we are what we say we are. Martina is astute enough to see through it and not be afraid in these PC times to say it. Good for her

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: henry quirk and 5 guests