Bias Against Transgenders

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Greta »

This pertains to the OP ... how?
Walker

Post by Walker »

It pertains tangentially to limbo amputations, which pertains to athletic performance.

Good thing you have me around to mansplain that, eh?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:58 pm The day will come when a trans will enter a Miss America contest and win. The next year they will enter a Mr. America contest and win. This will prove that there is no difference between the ideal man and woman and the PC crowd will be ecstatic. Bot for some reason this secular goal of sameness will also inspire an increase in suicides proving once again that some people cannot tolerate progress.
That day was and is*.

They call her Miss Olympia, named for the mountain known to hemlock-connoisseur Socrates.

The mountain where the gods lived, gods representing an ideal extrapolation of designed form.

* I don't know if she's transgender. I'm not up to par with the labels, which seem to change daily.

Greta never revealed what that other label is. What is Caitlyn Jenner's label these days?
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:47 pm With at least wrestling, boxing and Karate people physically compete in weight classes/divisions and it should be such with all physical competition, else it's just about bullying. I mean would there be any real physical competition between Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime and Peewee Herman in his? Competition should be more skill based than brute force!
i workout regularly, run daily - and yet in terms of upper body strength i am not much ahead of a male couch potato in my weight and height category

i know men my height who exercise as much as i do - and they are way ahead of me when it comes to upper body strength

so simply splitting people into similar height and weight category would not work for a lot of sports
Frank N Stein

Post by Frank N Stein »

Looks nothing like a ballerina. He can't change his thick masculine neck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gTlYdtpszU
Walker

Post by Walker »

Fooling around with perfection.

East Bay Biochemist Sells ‘Gene-Editing Kit’ For The Masses

"After scientists unlocked the secrets of the human genome in 2003, there was immediate concern about how that knowledge might be abused in the wrong hands. Now, an East Bay entrepreneur wants to put that power in everyone’s hands."

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/ ... he-masses/
Frank N Stein

Post by Frank N Stein »

''“Normal scientists want to study, like, how fruit flies have sex or something, something that nobody really cares about,” said Dr. Zayner. “And what I want to study is, how do we make dragons or super-humans or something like that?”

He must have found the gene that makes him permanently mentally about 12.
Frank N Stein

Post by Frank N Stein »

Walker wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:13 pm Fooling around with perfection.

East Bay Biochemist Sells ‘Gene-Editing Kit’ For The Masses

"After scientists unlocked the secrets of the human genome in 2003, there was immediate concern about how that knowledge might be abused in the wrong hands. Now, an East Bay entrepreneur wants to put that power in everyone’s hands."

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/ ... he-masses/
Hardly 'perfection'.
Greta

Post by Greta »

What has any of this to do with unfair competition between genetic males and females??

This seems to just be just conservative tut-tutting about the concept of sex changes per se, seemingly because conservatives believe humans are all made perfect (aside from Democrats, liberals, progressives, secularists, Muslims, blecks, gays, transgenders, Chinese and women).
Judaka

Post by Judaka »

What's the point in labelling all conservatives as racist, gay-hating, trans-hating, women-hating bigots? It's okay to disagree with people politically but when you're just biased to think so horribly about an entire group of people based on their political convictions, haven't you just become what you seem to hate?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greta wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:09 pm What has any of this to do with unfair competition between genetic males and females??

This seems to just be just conservative tut-tutting about the concept of sex changes per se, seemingly because conservatives believe humans are all made perfect (aside from Democrats, liberals, progressives, secularists, Muslims, blecks, gays, transgenders, Chinese and women).
Humans are made?

Who makes?
Walker

Post by Walker »

It appears that transgender is an “internal experience.”

Like, a feeling.

“People who have intersex conditions have anatomy that is not considered typically male or female. Most people with intersex conditions come to medical attention because doctors or parents notice something unusual about their bodies. In contrast, people who are transgendered have an internal experience of gender identity that is different from most people.”

http://www.isna.org/faq/transgender
Walker

Post by Walker »

Trans people must still be sterilized before (legally) changing gender in Japan after top court upholds ruling
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/25/asia/jap ... index.html

Folks confuse legal with moral because there’s usually two reasons for any action.

1. The ostensible reason.
2. The real reason.

In other words, the reason that makes one look good, and the real reason.

Marriage is an action.
The ostensible reason to advocate same-sex marriage is ethical fairness.
The real reason to advocate same-sex marriage is money fairness, i.e.:

- Spousal benefits from government assistance programs.
- Legal joint ownership (no pun intended).
- Increasingly moot legal family rights.

Transgender is an internal experience, a feeling, not an action.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Frank N Stein wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:03 pm ''“Normal scientists want to study, like, how fruit flies have sex or something, something that nobody really cares about,” said Dr. Zayner. “And what I want to study is, how do we make dragons or super-humans or something like that?”

He must have found the gene that makes him permanently mentally about 12.
People do it now with surgery.
I saw a photo of a fellow who was becoming a dragon, or a devil or something.

Perhaps it's an arrested development of body fixation resulting in identification with a personal mental concept of an idealized form, and not reality.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Judaka wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:04 am What's the point in labelling all conservatives as racist, gay-hating, trans-hating, women-hating bigots? It's okay to disagree with people politically but when you're just biased to think so horribly about an entire group of people based on their political convictions, haven't you just become what you seem to hate?
That's how the secular progressive mind and in this case the Greta mind works. It doesn't recognize individuals but only collectives. The secular progressive defines good and bad collectives. Anyone disagreeing is considered an uneducated racist, bigot, homophobe or some form of deplorable..

You will be given a form to fill out which will define what collectives you belong to. If you are a proven member of a deplorable collective, you will be treated appropriately to further the cause of social justice. The supremacy of the educated mind and its ability to judge will once again be justified.