Bias Against Transgenders

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by gaffo »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:23 pm

The victory of style over substance.
yes, but no victory since the man was weak and so no substance 4 yrs later.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Judaka wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:12 pm Nick_A

Lol, Nick, I think superficiality was always hip and I don't think the world ever had any awareness of the big picture.

Some people lean on certain views that rely on absolutes, depending on them for understanding the world and their place in it. Nuance doesn't fit anywhere and so it's easier just to pretend it doesn't exist.

I think people tend towards absolutes in the first place for psychological reasons, similar to what Walker's video refers to. That isn't my attempt in creating an us versus them and talking in absolutes to join the party though, there are always complexities that make everything harder to judge and understand and here is no exception. We can also assume that we aren't innocent of doing this sometimes even if we have complete self-awareness and good intentions.
indeed, and why I value Frank Stein's posts - outside of his view on Israel - lol.

the world is all about the Gray, anyone that posts about the gray will have my ear.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Judaka wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:12 pm The problem is that liberals/progressives have only learned to see it in those who aren't liberal/progressive and conservatives only see it when liberals/progressives do it.
not all of us Jub, not you nor me - and i hope a few million other liberals.

I'm a Liberal not Progressive -the former i am and will not allow Flushlimpballs to make that term a slander, and have enough balls to not cave and re-lable myself as a "progressive" either.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:16 pm As soon as what one believes becomes a public truth we all lose. This question of gender identity is a good example.

the whole "gender identity" bullshit is - not seeing the forest due to the tree, i.e. Squirrel.

as long as the 1-percenters are able to feed us Red Meat irrelivencies to divide the majority..............

we will be fighting over bullshit....while the middle class since the 1970's continues to shrink and shrink and ............shrink........

fools are as fools do.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:03 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:31 pm
Nick_A wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:02 am
Now as an expression of complete hypocrisy a politician introduces a bill that asserts a person must indulge in sports with the gender identity they are born with. How insulting and old fashioned. Modern education knows that we are what we think we are. Just because this male believing himself woman easily beats all women because he is man is no reason to assume he is a man. He is just a superior woman. Have we reached the stage in anti woman bias that we deny exceptional women?

An insulting attack on gender rights.
Spartan girls were raised rough with the boys to make them woman enough* to make a man man enough to be a Spartan.

Slaves did the work and the chores.

The Women of Sparta: Athletic, Educated, and Outspoken Radicals
https://www.ancient.eu/article/123/the- ... -outspoke/

* Like that strapping redhead Maureen O’Hara, whose persona was perpetual anger and annoyance to try and keep The Duke off balance.
Lately there has been a growth of xenaphobia amongst modern beta males living in fear of women. Now they are afraid that Xena the warrior princess wearing that short skirt will jump out from behind the TV screen and kick their ass. More and more men are falling victim to xenaphobia and psychologists are stumped as to how to treat this disorder.
Xenaphodia!!!!! - lol, thats a new one. always though Gabrail was cuter myself.

Xena, Hercules, Cleopatra 2525 (both Cleo and Gena Torres (also in Firefly - also a great TV show BTW - canceled of course - like all good shows are) had curvy hips (and so sexy), created/directed by Sam Raimi.

good shows! - why 2525 was cancelled at the peak of fate of the Earth? - ask the same idiot suits at Fox that cancelled Firefly just a year later.

same network that cancelled Space above and Beyond - before its time, so - ibid.

good show? - give it to Fox to cancel!
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greta wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:08 pm
My comment was very obviously not intended as you claimed, which would makes no sense at all if taken strictly literally, given the numbers involved. (Besides, my father was a longtime member of a conservative party and I have been friendly with many conservatives in my time so any claim that I am bigoted against them is wrong).

I do not consider the current wave of reactionaries to be conservative. However, that is how they label themselves so I follow their own nomenclature. After all, I don't see too many moderate conservatives rushing to differentiate themselves from the hard right.

Rick Wilson, Steve Schmidt
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:54 am
Greta wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:22 am Judaka, you had nothing to say about the mobbing and stereotyping of the weak but spoke up strongly against the stereotyping of conservatives.

// mirror
That's a big problem with secular progressives. They limit themselves to collectives. They are unable to understand what it means to appreciate the limitations of humanity as a whole in Plato's cave as compared to the evolutionary possibilities for an individual. The secularist is limited to stereotyping collectives in accordance with societal standards.

I'm a secularist atheist humanist that champions the individual over the collective,

so please don't speak for me.

ok?
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Walker wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:57 am
Nick_A wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:37 amIf teachers cannot teach what is necessary to leave the cave, who will?
Some people are inclined to the spiritual and some aren’t.
Eventually everyone is, if only for the last second.
For those who are, everything and everyone is a teacher.
you are talking about Wisdom - the highest virtue.

sadly lacking in value today my most. ;-(.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Walker wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:39 pm Thanks Nick. Quite informative.
I endeavor to be as kind a person.

good deal i commend you.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

We are all born the way we're born, there should be no crime in that, as It's beyond our control. And to be punished for it, really?

Do all you descender's of difference really feel better making fun of those that are born with no legs, arms, blind, etc, etc, etc? Birth defects, if you really need to call them that, are many in form, while some are psychological and chemical.

Enough with people needing to shed their own pains, that they simply try and offload them onto others.

Let's grow up, my friends!
Walker

Post by Walker »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:11 pm We are all born the way we're born, there should be no crime in that, as It's beyond our control. And to be punished for it, really?

Do all you descender's of difference really feel better making fun of those that are born with no legs, arms, blind, etc, etc, etc? Birth defects, if you really need to call them that, are many in form, while some are psychological and chemical.

Enough with people needing to shed their own pains, that they simply try and offload them onto others.

Not sure who you mean, but folks can have bias, preference, even delusion and illusion.

'Tis the attachment to duality rather than the particular ... that's the key, the root of ignorance that causes suffering in oneself and others.

We are all born perfect.
What happens after that is a matter of interpretation.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:11 pm We are all born the way we're born, there should be no crime in that, as It's beyond our control. And to be punished for it, really?

Those like me who defend the recognition of differences as essential for opening to the reality of the human condition and dealing with it from a human perspective have no reason to attack them.

We are born with physical and mental abilities that do differ. However we acquire negative emotions. We are not born with them. They are learned. When people deny their normal recognition of differences all they do is suppress negative emotions which always seem to surface at the most inopportune times.

Growing up doesn't mean denying differences but becoming able to appreciate them and why we have them in relation to the potential for human "being.". But we cannot do it when we deny them and glorify the expressions of our negative emotions as philosophy to hide the reality of our being.
Man would like to be an egoist and cannot. This is the most striking characteristic of his wretchedness and the source of his greatness." Simone Weil....Gravity and Grace.
Yes all would be different if we were capable of an ego that enabled a conscious realistic experience of the external world and our place within it. But the human condition and its fallen emotional nature doesn't allow it so we accept it and live in imagination with the result being what you see is what you get.
Last edited by Nick_A on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Walker wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:38 pmWe are all born perfect.
Harlequin type ichthyosis:

Walker

Post by Walker »

I think that you're implying that's a case of a (perhaps) short lifespan outside of the womb that doesn't measure up to your idealized standards of perfection, which go unstated by you, so perhaps I'm being generous with all this attention and you're leaving it for me to make the case to which you can reply no, no, no.

I think you've been down the no road before.
When you move in that direction, is it satisfying?
Face it. You're a neiner lifer.

:D

However, I'll leave it for you to explain in your own words, with the offering of a bonus question, should you feel the need.

I once heard that 90% of complete human growth occurs inside the womb.

Can this be twue?
Greta

Post by Greta »

I am just making clear that, no, we are not born perfect. No need for a whole song and dance about it.