Bias Against Transgenders

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
Nick_A
Posts: 3766
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Nick_A » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:02 am

State lawmakers in South Dakota introduced a bill this week that would require students who consider themselves to be transgender, to participate in school sports that correspond to their assigned biological sex, not of the gender they have assumed.

The new bill would rescind current rules adopted by the South Dakota High School Activities Association in 2015 that allows transgender kids to participate in school sports under their assumed sexual choice, instead of their biological gender, the Daily Wire reported.

The bill was introduced Tuesday by Republicans Senator Jim Bolin (Canton) and Representative Thomas Brunner (Nisland).
SDHSAA Executive Director Dan Swartos defended the current policy, according to the Argus Leader.

Republican Gov. Kristi Noem has made no statement about the bill other than to say she is looking into the proposal.

Transgender “girls” competing against natural-born girls is an especially thorny issue that has riled schools across the country.

In Texas, for instance, Mack Beggs, a student from Euless, Texas, claims to be transitioning from male to female but has been allowed to compete against girls in school wrestling. Perhaps unsurprisingly, and to much criticism, Beggs has easily defeated every female competitor met on the mats.

In another case, a student born a male assuming the identity of a girl has beaten all female contestants in Track & Field competitions in Alaska. And in another incident, a student born male but claiming to be female has consistently beaten all female contestants in track events in a Connecticut high school district.
We have learned that there is really no difference between men and women. If a woman decides she is a man she must be considered a man. If a man considers himself a woman they are now women. You are what you decide you are.

Now as an expression of complete hypocrisy a politician introduces a bill that asserts a person must indulge in sports with the gender identity they are born with. How insulting and old fashioned. Modern education knows that we are what we think we are. Just because this male believing himself woman easily beats all women because he is man is no reason to assume he is a man. He is just a superior woman. Have we reached the stage in anti woman bias that we deny exceptional women?

An insulting attack on gender rights.

Walker
Posts: 6307
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Walker » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:57 am

Winning and losing is such an archaic notion when you consider technology applied to the statistical power of handicapping.

Handicapping is common in sports competition.

For the purposes of single-sex sports, physical capacity and performance are graded on a standardized scale of athletics and past performance. Those who fall above and below the average grade are handicapped according to the sport.

For instance in swimming, Spitz or Phelphs would have to start late in the race, and an amateur would get a head-start.

The ideal finish for such a handicapped race is all the participants finishing in a tie. Everyone gets a trophy, and of course first place money.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11614
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Arising_uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:32 pm

Not played Golf then?

Impenitent
Posts: 2169
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Impenitent » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:58 am

I heard that if your dad dresses like your mom, it's transparent...

-Imp

Nick_A
Posts: 3766
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Nick_A » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:50 am

Impenitent wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:58 am
I heard that if your dad dresses like your mom, it's transparent...

-Imp
Too old fashioned. To prevent labeling, it is now PC to believe that our species has evolved to become a type of shapeshifting species which changes sex at will. So one day a child can have two dads and two moms on the next day. So to suggest that your dad dresses like your mom is politically incorrect since it identifies shapeshifters who cannot be identiied.

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Greta » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:40 am

While loathe to jump into the conservative convention here, this policy is a terrible idea that's more likely to foster than dampen transphobia.

Transsexualism is in essence a social and sexual disability and, as with other disabilities, that means some activities might not be available. Otherwise it's not fair on regular women and girls because there are clear physical genetic differences. If it makes them feel better, I expect that any athletic females who are changing over would say goodbye to their sporting days too, not from practicality but inability to compete strongly with the lads. It is this disparity that throws the problem into sharp relief.

Walker
Posts: 6307
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Walker » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:34 pm

"... the problem into sharp relief."

What exactly makes it a problem?

Walker
Posts: 6307
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Walker » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:49 pm

Arising_uk wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:32 pm
Not played Golf then?
If such were to occur in golf, in the absence of a playoff the total prize-money would be divided evenly among all the finishers, Poindexter. In the world of money, that's what you call Commie Golf.

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5278
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:47 pm

Nick_A wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:02 am
State lawmakers in South Dakota introduced a bill this week that would require students who consider themselves to be transgender, to participate in school sports that correspond to their assigned biological sex, not of the gender they have assumed.

The new bill would rescind current rules adopted by the South Dakota High School Activities Association in 2015 that allows transgender kids to participate in school sports under their assumed sexual choice, instead of their biological gender, the Daily Wire reported.

The bill was introduced Tuesday by Republicans Senator Jim Bolin (Canton) and Representative Thomas Brunner (Nisland).
SDHSAA Executive Director Dan Swartos defended the current policy, according to the Argus Leader.

Republican Gov. Kristi Noem has made no statement about the bill other than to say she is looking into the proposal.

Transgender “girls” competing against natural-born girls is an especially thorny issue that has riled schools across the country.

In Texas, for instance, Mack Beggs, a student from Euless, Texas, claims to be transitioning from male to female but has been allowed to compete against girls in school wrestling. Perhaps unsurprisingly, and to much criticism, Beggs has easily defeated every female competitor met on the mats.

In another case, a student born a male assuming the identity of a girl has beaten all female contestants in Track & Field competitions in Alaska. And in another incident, a student born male but claiming to be female has consistently beaten all female contestants in track events in a Connecticut high school district.
We have learned that there is really no difference between men and women. If a woman decides she is a man she must be considered a man. If a man considers himself a woman they are now women. You are what you decide you are.

Now as an expression of complete hypocrisy a politician introduces a bill that asserts a person must indulge in sports with the gender identity they are born with. How insulting and old fashioned. Modern education knows that we are what we think we are. Just because this male believing himself woman easily beats all women because he is man is no reason to assume he is a man. He is just a superior woman. Have we reached the stage in anti woman bias that we deny exceptional women?

An insulting attack on gender rights.
I disagree!

With at least wrestling, boxing and Karate people physically compete in weight classes/divisions and it should be such with all physical competition, else it's just about bullying. I mean would there be any real physical competition between Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime and Peewee Herman in his? Competition should be more skill based than brute force!

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 3475
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:19 pm

Transexuality is the death of feminism.

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Greta » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:20 am

Walker wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:34 pm
"... the problem into sharp relief."

What exactly makes it a problem?
What else? That allowing transgirls and transwomen to compete is unfair for existing girls and women due to structural differences in the genders.

I expect you were intimating something.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11614
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Arising_uk » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:59 am

Walker wrote: If such were to occur in golf, in the absence of a playoff the total prize-money would be divided evenly among all the finishers, Poindexter. In the world of money, that's what you call Commie Golf.
So no then as it's called the handicap system.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11614
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Arising_uk » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:02 am

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:19 pm
Transexuality is the death of feminism.
Are women going away then?

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 3475
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:42 am

Arising_uk wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:02 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:19 pm
Transexuality is the death of feminism.
Are women going away then?
Women rights will. Women? There are none left so it is a moot point.

Walker
Posts: 6307
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Walker » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:39 pm

Arising_uk wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:59 am
Walker wrote: If such were to occur in golf, in the absence of a playoff the total prize-money would be divided evenly among all the finishers, Poindexter. In the world of money, that's what you call Commie Golf.
So no then as it's called the handicap system.
Sounds like you're attempting to make some kind of a point that is just so obvious that you have no need waste words, and I am too stupid to see.

Yes, I have played golf all my life in fact, except for the last thirty years or so, when I quit because I loved the game too much and I wasn't pro, so it was needlessly sucking up time and money from family and living.

Yes, the ideal for the perfect handicap is for everyone to finish equally. If a pro has a minus 4 handicap, and an amateur has a plus ten handicap, that's a fourteen point difference. If the pro shoots a sixty-eight and the amateur shoots an eighty-two, then that's a tie and the handicapping was spot on.

That's because golf is skill against course, not skill against another player. In golf, you determine your score under the same conditions as others determining their score.

If such a system were applied to money in professional golf, then the ideal finish for such a handicapped race is all the participants finishing in a tie. Everyone gets a trophy, and of course first place money. Commie golf.

Now, what's your point if you actually have one?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest