The Death of Feminism and the Matriarchy

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

IvoryBlackBishop

Re: The Death of Feminism and the Matriarchy

Post by IvoryBlackBishop »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:46 pm
IvoryBlackBishop wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:40 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:37 pm

It is a philosophy forum. If you do not want an articulated thought or opinion about some subject then you are barking up the wrong tree.
My opinion is that it's a private establishment.
And that is your opinion.
This thread's a lot of melodrama, how are you linking a private business telling someone they can't wear a T-shirt to a "matriarchy" (whatever that is).

As far as history goes, I'm not aware of any notable culture in which both men and women tended to be in prominent positions anyway based on factors such as family, personal characteristics, socio-economics; there are notable historical queens who even had male sex slaves or concubines.

So what would a "matriarchy" be? A society in which only women are allowed to run for office or something? And what are the odds of that happening except in some delusional fantasy anyway.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

IvoryBlackBishop wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:36 pm
IvoryBlackBishop wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:40 pm
My opinion is that it's a private establishment.
This thread's a lot of melodrama, how are you linking a private business telling someone they can't wear a T-shirt to a "matriarchy" (whatever that is).

I am not, I am stating feminism is dying in the face of transgenderism.

As far as history goes, I'm not aware of any notable culture in which both men and women tended to be in prominent positions anyway based on factors such as family, personal characteristics, socio-economics; there are notable historical queens who even had male sex slaves or concubines.

So what would a "matriarchy" be? A society in which only women are allowed to run for office or something? And what are the odds of that happening except in some delusional fantasy anyway.

IvoryBlackBishop

Post by IvoryBlackBishop »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:46 pm
IvoryBlackBishop wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:36 pm

I am not, I am stating feminism is dying in the face of transgenderism.

If you're talking about trailer trash, mass media "feminism", I'm not bored enough to care; no with a reading level beyond the 6th grade or an IQ above 80 would read any of that stuff, much as could be said for most mass, clickbait media in general; it's the same old-song and dance.
HowardWow1997

Post by HowardWow1997 »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:25 pm
Frank N Stein wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:18 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:48 pm

Actually prior to the industrial revolution, where fathers went off to work, the child would work/hunt/farm with the father. Add in the fact business's such as winemaking or blacksmithing were often pass down through families, we cannot equate a blip in history (the 1950's) as the foundational premise of "the good life".

We don't know what "the good life" is. We can observe certain ideological boundaries which define reality; hence patriarchy and matriarchy existed while "existing" in various fragmented barely identifiable forms today.
And if there was no father to 'work/hunt/farm' with? (Hardly an uncommon occurrence).
Matriarchy, or an adoptive patriarchy through a mentor. The point lends itself to probabilism, relative to absence of father, because where the father is present we are still left with an inherent patriarchal structure.
On the whole it is true, but I would add the word "Not always"
We have many cases of matriarchy in Jewish families and peoples in which the way of the woman of the goddess has been preserved