Feminists Demonstrate Classic Nasal Envy

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
Nick_A
Posts: 4918
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Feminists Demonstrate Classic Nasal Envy

Post by Nick_A » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:55 pm

Feminists cannot accept all the meanings associated with the male nose so now demand equality between male and female noses. Awareness of the dominant male nose is now politically incorrect.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/europe/k ... index.html
(CNN)Kleenex is scrapping its range of "Mansize" tissues after 62 years, following complaints that the branding is sexist.

The company first launched its tissues aimed at men in 1956, claiming they would "stay strong when wet."
But complaints on social media about the product's gendered marketing is prompting the change.

Starting later this year, the tissues will be called "Kleenex Extra Large."
"stay strong when wet." Now what would they have against that?

But what if science proves the meal nose is larger? Feminists cannot accept the superiority of the male nose. What next I wonder? Will nasal envy evolve into penis envy?

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-men ... men-2014-9
Maybe you're not shocked that, in general, men have larger noses than their more delicate female counterparts. A study last year found that at the same body size, male noses are 10% larger than female noses, on average.

That means, for a woman and a man of the same size, the man still has a bigger nose. So why is that?
Does the demand for gender equality have to include the celebrated stature of the male nose? :wink:

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9095
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Feminists Demonstrate Classic Nasal Envy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:04 pm

But complaints on social media about the product's gendered marketing is prompting the change.

Isn't it odd the way arseholes, idiots, and the insane get pandered to, yet valid complaints and requests are invariably ignored?

One example: A beautiful oak tree on a public residential property was butchered to half its previous size. The reason? The neighbour in the hovel next door had complained about some 'leaves falling' on his 'driveway' ( which consists of 80 percent weeds and 20 percent stones).
The moronic Govt. dept. pen-pusher who heeded the complaint and ordered the vandalism wetly driveled about 'different people have different opinions' (you know, one of those unbearable 'every opinion is equally valid' fuckwits), and even if that were the case (which it isn't), then why is it that they jump to consent to ignorant, moronic requests but will almost without exception ignore valid, enlightened ones?
Is this because stupid, ignorant people can only relate to other stupid, ignorant people, therefore stupid requests make sense to them?

Impenitent
Posts: 2824
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Feminists Demonstrate Classic Nasal Envy

Post by Impenitent » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:13 pm

no, it's not envy...

really, it's not

the boogie man has left the building

-Imp

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9095
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Feminists Demonstrate Classic Nasal Envy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:25 pm

It might not have been a female who made the decision. It could well have been one of those misguided and nauseating 'male-'feminists' ' (the ones who do 'gender studies').
Bed manufacturers will soon be having to change 'King-size' beds to 'large, gender-fluid monarch beds', and the 'homophobic' Queen-size to 'less large gender-fluid ....).

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9095
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Feminists Demonstrate Classic Nasal Envy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:18 pm

pssst Nick-A is such a die-hard, politicised, religiousised moron that if someone doesn't share his particular political/religious persuasion then they must automatically disagree with every single thing he says. Agreement from 'secular lefty commie bastards' simply doesn't compute or register in his tiny little partisan brain. Hmm. Perhaps he thinks agreement from an enemy is a threat to his own political stance. No doubt the same 'rule' applies to both sides.
i.e. All that is wrong with the US in one forum contributor.

Nick_A
Posts: 4918
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Feminists Demonstrate Classic Nasal Envy

Post by Nick_A » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:20 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:18 pm
pssst Nick-A is such a die-hard, politicised, religiousised moron that if someone doesn't share his particular political/religious persuasion then they must automatically disagree with every single thing he says. Agreement from 'secular lefty commie bastards' simply doesn't compute or register in his tiny little partisan brain. Hmm. Perhaps he thinks agreement from an enemy is a threat to his own political stance. No doubt the same 'rule' applies to both sides.
i.e. All that is wrong with the US in one forum contributor.
You have condescended to defend my nose. How bad can you be? Plus you have predicted the coming war against king and queen sized beds. I didn't think of that so a tip of the cap to you.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Feminists Demonstrate Classic Nasal Envy

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:59 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:18 pm
pssst Nick-A is such a die-hard, politicised, religiousised moron that if someone doesn't share his particular political/religious persuasion then they must automatically disagree with every single thing he says. Agreement from 'secular lefty commie bastards' simply doesn't compute or register in his tiny little partisan brain. Hmm. Perhaps he thinks agreement from an enemy is a threat to his own political stance. No doubt the same 'rule' applies to both sides.
i.e. All that is wrong with the US in one forum contributor.
Wow, another unimaginative US response. What about Australia?.

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲

Nick_A
Posts: 4918
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Feminists Demonstrate Classic Nasal Envy

Post by Nick_A » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:37 am

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:59 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:18 pm
pssst Nick-A is such a die-hard, politicised, religiousised moron that if someone doesn't share his particular political/religious persuasion then they must automatically disagree with every single thing he says. Agreement from 'secular lefty commie bastards' simply doesn't compute or register in his tiny little partisan brain. Hmm. Perhaps he thinks agreement from an enemy is a threat to his own political stance. No doubt the same 'rule' applies to both sides.
i.e. All that is wrong with the US in one forum contributor.
Wow, another unimaginative US response. What about Australia?.

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. - Mark Twain
I always have to be careful when the enemy agrees. But in this case Vege is right concerning the great nasal controversy

Walker
Posts: 7265
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Feminists Demonstrate Classic Nasal Envy

Post by Walker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:50 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:25 pm
It might not have been a female who made the decision. It could well have been one of those misguided and nauseating 'male-'feminists' ' (the ones who do 'gender studies').
Bed manufacturers will soon be having to change 'King-size' beds to 'large, gender-fluid monarch beds', and the 'homophobic' Queen-size to 'less large gender-fluid ....).
Kleenex doesn’t take blowhards lightly, and they know the climate and M.O. of shakedown artists who sell protection from trumped-up publicity, e.g., Jackson and Sharpton.

As suggested by their consolation to crazy, Kleenex figures that the public perception of caving to irrational demands is considered less of a liability than an organized, funded campaign to destroy the company.

Anyway, men with large honkers already know to automatically take two or three tissues for a proper clean out, no matter what size is written on the handy, cardboard dispenser box.

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4389
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: Feminists Demonstrate Classic Nasal Envy

Post by Greta » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:43 pm

I think Kleenex figures it's an anachronistic term anyway. They'd probably want to change it anyway, for marketing purposes.

Calling a tissue man size won't produce more male purchases but it may put some women off buying in much the same way as a man may be embarrassed to buy XX Small condoms (which is why they are apparently called "Regular").

Many women, including me, use "man size" tissues because the teeny tiny so-called "facial tissues" are largely useless when you need a decent cleanout.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9095
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Feminists Demonstrate Classic Nasal Envy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:46 pm

Walker wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:50 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:25 pm
It might not have been a female who made the decision. It could well have been one of those misguided and nauseating 'male-'feminists' ' (the ones who do 'gender studies').
Bed manufacturers will soon be having to change 'King-size' beds to 'large, gender-fluid monarch beds', and the 'homophobic' Queen-size to 'less large gender-fluid ....).
Kleenex doesn’t take blowhards lightly, and they know the climate and M.O. of shakedown artists who sell protection from trumped-up publicity, e.g., Jackson and Sharpton.

As suggested by their consolation to crazy, Kleenex figures that the public perception of caving to irrational demands is considered less of a liability than an organized, funded campaign to destroy the company.

Anyway, men with large honkers already know to automatically take two or three tissues for a proper clean out, no matter what size is written on the handy, cardboard dispenser box.
I don't think that outer nose dimensions has any direct influence on the amount of mucus produced. Did you know that picking your nose is actually much better for you than blowing it? Just make sure you put your 'findings' onto a tissue and dispose of it wisely and considerately.

IvoryBlackBishop
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:55 pm

Re: Feminists Demonstrate Classic Nasal Envy

Post by IvoryBlackBishop » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:07 pm

I'm not big on this sensationalism, businesses tend to get involved in many silly fads, much as many unintelligent people tend to waste their time and life responding to these frivolities and trivialities in some way or another; more serious men and women aren't bored enough to care at the expense of rational thought and more serious, planned involvement which doesn't entirely appeal or predicate itself on pure emotion or anti-intellectualism, as documented by intelligence and business writers such as Phillip Tetlock in "Superforecasting".

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests