"Have you noticed the way genders are mixing and vanishing? It's difficult to know who are male and female sometimes."

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8961
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by henry quirk »

I got no beef with statistics, that's your squabble with veg, not me.

#

"The universe is a computer."

It might be...not quite the same as you thinkin' your brain is a computer, and certainly not on-topic.

#

"Now that I have earned my 'nutjob' badge what happens next?"

Nuthin'.

#

"Do I get any discounts anywhere?"

Nope.

#

"What are the perks?"

There ain't none.
TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: "Have you noticed the way genders are mixing and vanishing? It's difficult to know who are male and female sometimes

Post by TimeSeeker »

So what good was you bestowing me with your 'nutjob' blessing then?

I probably can't even exchange it for a beer at your own house.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8961
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by henry quirk »

The point?

To hang a placeholder on a bit of reality, to name a fact, that being: You are a crazy person (you're on vacation from the world [okay by me]).

As for beer, in my house: that'll never happen.
TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: "Have you noticed the way genders are mixing and vanishing? It's difficult to know who are male and female sometimes

Post by TimeSeeker »

Well, that is a useless fact! No beer - no discount. Sounds like you just enjoy sticking PostIt notes on things for your own amusement.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8961
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

yep, that's me

Post by henry quirk »

g'night, crazy person
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9157
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Re:

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:19 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:15 am Could be a toy gun and the card could be anything. And I don't 'feel the need' to do any such thinkg. What I 'feel' isn't going to alter the facts.
It could be. But your rational decision making is still failing you.

If it is a real gun. And I am a real cop. And I can indeed do what I say I can do then picking a fight with me could be a really costly mistake TO YOU.

And yet you willing to take the risk? Most people care about self-preservation.
How delusional are you? Are you going to shoot your gun through the PC screen?
TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Re:

Post by TimeSeeker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:45 am
TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:19 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:15 am Could be a toy gun and the card could be anything. And I don't 'feel the need' to do any such thinkg. What I 'feel' isn't going to alter the facts.
It could be. But your rational decision making is still failing you.

If it is a real gun. And I am a real cop. And I can indeed do what I say I can do then picking a fight with me could be a really costly mistake TO YOU.

And yet you willing to take the risk? Most people care about self-preservation.
How delusional are you? Are you going to shoot your gun through the PC screen?
How unable are you to stick to a perspective you assume during a hypothetical?

Henry set the context. Of shooting people who think they are dogs.

I imagine he isn’t talking about shooting at YouTube videos on his screen either. Although I wouldn't put it past him at this point.

On the delusional scale I am at 0. Thank you very much for your concern ;)
Walker
Posts: 7265
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: "Have you noticed the way genders are mixing and vanishing? It's difficult to know who are male and female sometimes

Post by Walker »

"Have you noticed the way genders are mixing and vanishing? It's difficult to know who are male and female sometimes."
The moon is full and this is it for a bit, so we may as well indulge in a ramble along looser topic lines, and since it’s your thread I figure you’re not a ramble snitch.

Everything is changing. The sex thing is no surprise.

Science encourages change for the sake of change, which makes the war on climate change strange but understandable as illogically human.

I think the fact of everything changing fast and irrevocably is just a function of getting older. It happens for everyone, in every generation. It’s always been so, and when changing fast wasn’t so for technology it was psychologically so for everyone who got old because the immediate surrounding world begins to change for everyone as the years pile on, and the world of change is caused when the shorter than behind that lies ahead becomes more than just intellectually finite.

Plus, night and day passes more quickly.

Was it truly also so before the Age of Enlightenment, when societal and technological change took longer than a lifetime for the history of evolution to finally begin manifesting as a different, scientific way to view the world; an evolution much more gradual than today when worldwide dissemination of information and 3-D printers can measure the distance separating imagination and form in minutes or seconds, limited only by speed of comprehension.

Like now, people back in the olden days just may have had the human tendency to make mountains out of molehills, which don’t you think would make that an innate tendency for folks, whether it was triggered into behavior by chemistry or by the societal pressures of two or more gathered together, since it appears that these days science is leaning towards nurture altering nature, and just look at what this has led to.

For instance, missing the deer with an arrow or an ambush may have driven a fellow into an existential depression way back there when they were learning that food tasted better when cooked, and a killed deer was healthier meat than fighting the buzzards, which he couldn’t do alone anyway. Since he had other pressing matters of survival he just got on with what had to be done without the mountain of distractions shaped into thought convolutions.

Then again, instead of depression, wounding the deer on purpose could give him the chance to stay out the cave a couple of days and breathe some fresh air while indulging some strange food-stuff that Fred Astaire Flintstone discovered growing over in the next dank cave. That may have been on his mind when he took aim for food and wounded the deer with a gut shot on purpose. However it seems likely that, depending on the terrain and climate, tracking spore for the sake of tenderizing the living, terrified deer meat would have been a choiceless gourmet luxury, given that other predators weren’t bound by laws of propriety and would take it from him, although instead of chemicals he may have thought of this in spirit terms of power.

So, what the hell does all this mean, you say? The answer may or may not clarify.

Cro-Magnon and Neanderthal rebels were the first Romeo and Juliet, although maybe she wasn’t as pretty as actresses I’ve seen. No, that’s not it.

As you know, refining into a few words from a consciousness stream discovers the essence of the distillation, syrup from sappiness. Here and now, the syrup from sappiness is the premise that for society the glut of information, combined with the constraints of civilization upon behavior when personal survival is threatened, just may have dulled the sensibilities of many modern individuals into a thought-realm sophistication that justifies any action for the cause, when you consider that sophistication can easily be defined as the capacity to simultaneously support what conditioning dictates are conflicting views.

And contrary to what may seem intuitive, this sophistication dulls perception of reality.

So, this dulling effect upon survival, the complacency of predictable crops and hurricane insurance for McMansions stupidly built on the barrier islands, is what a short span of science manifesting itself via thought has led to.

If this trend continues, what might 35,000 years of science, of changing merely for the sake of change, do to humankind?


Maybe chainsaw, or word wallow, or maybe cozy chat and chat plus, or something else maybe clever and accurate, or inaccurate if misunderstood.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8961
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by henry quirk »

"Henry set the context. Of shooting people who think they are dogs."

Lyin' sack.

You: "let them bark and eat dog pellets for all I care."

Me: 'I agree: leave the crazy person be (till he bites, then shoot him).'

Get it right or shut your pie hole.
TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re:

Post by TimeSeeker »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:32 pm "Henry set the context. Of shooting people who think they are dogs."

Lyin' sack.

You: "let them bark and eat dog pellets for all I care."

Me: 'I agree: leave the crazy person be (till he bites, then shoot him).'

Get it right or shut your pie hole.
So, where is the lie, Cowboy? 😂😂😂
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8961
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by henry quirk »

Walker,

Seems to me we've reached an endpoint. Psychologically the world has become 'small' and folks are suffocating on the stench of each other.

We could get up and off the rock, give ourselves much needed breathing room. I think this is the cleanest, most direct, solution.

We could war, thin the ranks, lean out the bloodlines, cut back on the psychic stench of 'the other guy'. This is messy, unneccessary, stop gap. It just -- as the expression goes -- kicks the can down the road.

We could suicide simply by doin' nuthin', by playin' at 'civillization' (the exporting of it, the pretending it is sumthin' more than veneer). A slow, sometimes bumpy, descent into the gray, dying with a whimper.

Me: I want up and out. I want the horizon to be 'out there', not 'in my living room'. I'm afraid I'm in the minority.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8961
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

"So, where is the lie, Cowboy?"

Post by henry quirk »

till he bites

You keep leaving till he bites out, changing the scenario, the context, to suit you.

You lie by omission.
TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: "So, where is the lie, Cowboy?"

Post by TimeSeeker »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:55 pm till he bites

You keep leaving till he bites out, changing the scenario, the context, to suit you.

You lie by omission.
Ahhhh, well that justifies it then.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8961
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by henry quirk »

Poor deflect, poor save: no soup for you.

#

Justification: is not self-defense to self-preserve justifed?

A man is attacked by another in a dog onesie.

What should the attacked man do?
Locked