Is this sex discrimination?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Re: Is this sex discrimination?

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:40 amSo far you're not giving any worthwhile arguments and I still stand with the court system.
Well I don't even know what your argument is, because it seems you're intentionally being very cryptic.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:12 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:40 amSo far you're not giving any worthwhile arguments and I still stand with the court system.
Well I don't even know what your argument is, because it seems you're intentionally being very cryptic.
And it seems you and others are being cryptic saying that because the $.77 on the dollar figure ties in too many jobs, that the figure is unreliable, yet the government recognizes sex discrimination in the law.

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

No, the primary issue is that it's not a par-to-par comparison. It's not even that the figure is technically unreliable, it's that it shouldn't be used as fuel for feminist activism, because it's not giving you the full picture of why that pay disparity exists.

As far as the government recognizing it, I think you need to expand on what you mean by that. The former president personally believed it, and there are laws currently in place that forbids pay discrimination based on gender - but if anything that goes against what you're saying.
Philosophy Explorer

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:34 am No, the primary issue is that it's not a par-to-par comparison. It's not even that the figure is technically unreliable, it's that it shouldn't be used as fuel for feminist activism, because it's not giving you the full picture of why that pay disparity exists.

As far as the government recognizing it, I think you need to expand on what you mean by that. The former president personally believed it, and there is a law currently in place that forbids pay discrimination based on gender - but if anything that goes against what you're saying.
The figure is saying something. I haven't said anything about sex discrimination (my topic title makes that plain).

Now I put the onus on you. What's missing from this thread?

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:39 amWhat's missing from this thread?
Maybe your sanity, because your replies seem to be making less and less sense as this thread goes on.
Philosophy Explorer

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:42 am
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:39 amWhat's missing from this thread?
Maybe your sanity, because your replies seem to be making less and less sense as this thread goes on.
OH I get it. The thread is missing your ad homs. :lol:

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲