A philosophy for arguing with wives

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Duncan Butlin

Re: A philosophy for arguing with wives

Post by Duncan Butlin »

Lacewing --- I’m not sure, but it seems to me that the questions you want answered all have to do with the patriarchy, and the historic mistreatment of women by men, don’t they? That coupled with today’s lowly status of women around the world? Well, I just don’t buy it. I’m not denying that at some places at some times women have been and are unfairly treated, but the same applies to men. You think it’s all one-sided, and that women have never had enough power; I think it is two-sided, but that in peacetime women normally have the upper hand. As I said before, this is a pretty unresolvable difference, and we ought to agree to disagree for the time being.

Lacewing, I have to confess that I now am tiring of your continuous insults. Please moderate your tone if you want to carry on. Otherwise I shall stop responding for a while. It will sadden me, but your invective is finally wearing me down. Why did you ignore my invitation to talk on the phone?

My website: https://sites.google.com/site/suffrageurbutlin/
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

I think most here would refuse an invitation to go talk-about on the phone. One nice thing about a forum is, we can leave it behind, and go watch the telly without thinking more on it.
Duncan Butlin

Post by Duncan Butlin »

Dalek Prime --- Yes, I understand most people would not like the idea of a phone call, but I was desperate to find some way to stop her hurling insults at me. I figured that she would naturally behave herself under the discipline of the instant feedback of a conversation. I find that most people are polite over the phone.

My website: https://sites.google.com/site/suffrageurbutlin/
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:42 pm Better watch yourself, Duncan: Lace has a bad habit of chasin' after unavailable men (then gettin' drunk and postin' about it).

She might be targetin' you.
Ah Henry... such a cowardly attack. You've apparently felt compelled to read my posts, and then you blow things out of proportion in order to take swipes at me at random times. Let's see, I've written about drinking while posting TWICE(?) IN 3 YEARS on this forum -- and I rarely drink or date. But once again, you are willing to be slimy and dishonest, rather than showing more honorable character.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Duncan Butlin wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:27 am I have to confess that I now am tiring of your continuous insults.
My "tone" has been the most authentic expression I could give in response to what you've said, and it was partly what kept the interaction entertaining for me. It was impossible not to "insult" such outrageous one-sided claims as you've been making, and the truths you've been ignoring. You can't just spew your particular madness and not expect people to challenge it and you vigorously.
Duncan Butlin wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:27 am Why did you ignore my invitation to talk on the phone?
Why would I be interested in talking on the phone with someone who inspires me to say what I've said about your character? I've been very honest and generous with my communication with you online (one of the very few who have)... even though you didn't like the delivery. :D Maybe the delivery would have been more to your liking if you had honored my effort/energy by responding to my thoughtful points -- rather than just insisting that your way is the right way.

I've no interest in pursuing it further now with you though. It was just an entertaining exercise for awhile.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Duncan,

"My ambition is to control all women (with the help of all men) so your suggestion that I should avoid the crazy ones won’t work: they are just the ones I have to deal with, if I am to succeed."

By defintion: crazy folks can't be reasoned with or controlled.

Lobotomize 'em.

#

"Won’t you at least cast your eye over the terms of my pledge?"

Okay, I'll read and comment.

##

Lace,

Yeah, my 'attack' was mean-spirited.

*shrug*
Duncan Butlin

Post by Duncan Butlin »

Lacewing --- Listen here, young girl, all this misbehaving will not do. What would your parents think of it? Clean up your act or get off my case. I won’t reply again unless you post a polite message, asking after my health -- no abuse allowed, and no private messaging.

Visit my website if you dare
Walker

Post by Walker »

Duncan Butlin wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:23 pm Lacewing --- Listen here, young girl, all this misbehaving will not do. What would your parents think of it? Clean up your act or get off my case. I won’t reply again unless you post a polite message, asking after my health -- no abuse allowed, and no private messaging.

Visit my website if you dare
It always comes down to, what are you going to do about it? Only the situations change.
Duncan Butlin

Post by Duncan Butlin »

henry quirk --- That is very kind of you to visit my pledge. Thank you very much. I look forward to your report. As for lobotomising crazy people, please be careful: you are talking about me! I’ve been in and out of mental institutions for 15 years, now, and I’ve come to the conclusion that there are not that many truly crazy people about (like I am, when I go truly manic for a few days). Most people in the looney bin are just behaving so badly that relatives and friends have given up: rebellious, anti-social, impulsive, bullying, selfish … all of which could be solved by a good dose of external discipline, if society still dared. What to do about me? I hope I’m worth preserving, though it has been hellishly expensive for the government. Where does Lacewing fit in to all this? I think she is just badly disciplined, and I’m making a very poor job of it.

Please visit my website
Duncan Butlin

Post by Duncan Butlin »

Walker --- I think I understand you. You said:
It always comes down to, what are you going to do about it? Only the situations change.
Well, what I was doing with Lacewing was just what I advise against: I was showering her with kindness however badly she behaved. I thought I was setting her a good example, but all I was doing was encouraging her bad behaviour. Well, I’ve stopped my own bad behaviour now. Let’s see how she responds.

Please visit my website
henry quirk

"I’ve been in and out of mental institutions"

Post by henry quirk »

Duncan, stop telegraphin' that kind of info.

Folks aren't owed your full disclosure, and that kinda disclosure dampens interest in your material.

#

"Where does Lacewing fit in to all this? I think she is just badly disciplined, and I’m making a very poor job of it."

I think she's a crazy, drunken, slut, and -- yes -- you did poorly.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Duncan Butlin wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:15 pm Let’s see how she responds.
henry quirk wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:58 pm I think she's a crazy, drunken, slut
Ah, an excellent example of those you champion, Duncan! :lol: Notice how he blindly attacks with dishonesty and cowardliness. The woman is a vile creature, although she has done nothing in the way he accuses her, as well as nothing that he wouldn’t do himself. Perhaps you can recognize the extremism and ignorance in another of your members, if not what can easily be represented by your own platform.

My challenges to you, Duncan, (although you didn’t like my presentation) were directly in response to the things you were saying directly to me. You want to control how I respond to you and what we talk about. That’s contrived to your liking. And you take offense that I should speak forcefully against such a thing! Is there anything in this world that you would speak forcefully against? Is there any madness that you would call out without holding punches? Perhaps the issue here is that you cannot fathom the view from beyond the bubble you are viewing within. So how is truthful discussion possible? It makes no sense that your bubble/focus is total truth/reality. So if you ignore all else that is put to you, you are controlling your bubble... and expecting others to JOIN you there on your terms, even if it feels contrived, dense, and toxic to them. Patting yourself on the back for being "nice" is meaningless when your agenda reeks of oppression and control. You asked for comments, and said that opinions would be appreciated. That's what I gave you.
henry quirk

I know I'm bein' a big meanie, Lace, but...

Post by henry quirk »

...I just don't like you, so: I'll kick you as much as I like till kickin' you isn't fun anymore.

Ease the sting with a touch of the hard stuff (be sure to post about it).
Lacewing

Re: I know I'm bein' a big meanie, Lace, but...

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:32 pm ...I just don't like you, so: I'll kick you as much as I like till kickin' you isn't fun anymore.
Validating everything I've noted about you. :lol:
henry quirk

that I'm a jackass?

Post by henry quirk »

Didn't take a *genius to figure that one out, Lace.

*you ain't one...far from it...too much whiskey, mebbe some untreated STDs (as well as bein' a big old treehuggin', crystal-rubbin' commie [dupe]).