A philosophy for arguing with wives

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Duncan Butlin

Re: A philosophy for arguing with wives

Post by Duncan Butlin »

henry quirk --- I don’t know the history, but I am surprised how rude you are to Lacewing. I have yet to meet anyone who was irredeemable. However I will leave it in your capable hands and I won’t discuss Lacewing anymore … otherwise she will be able to accuse me of cheating, in talking to her indirectly before she has replied as I have demanded.

Thanks for your concern at me exposing too much of myself, but I confess my difficult past partially for my own benefit: if I use a piece of evidence from those times, but keep quiet about the circumstances, I find my voice starts to ring hollow. I guess I am frightened at the idea of my secret getting out, so I might as well speak it out loud and be done with it.

Please visit my website
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Duncan Butlin wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:55 am Dalek Prime --- Yes, I understand most people would not like the idea of a phone call, but I was desperate to find some way to stop her hurling insults at me. I figured that she would naturally behave herself under the discipline of the instant feedback of a conversation. I find that most people are polite over the phone.

My website: https://sites.google.com/site/suffrageurbutlin/
Makes sense.

PS. Henry is just being henry. :wink:
henry quirk

"I don’t know the history, but I am surprised how rude you are to Lacewing"

Post by henry quirk »

There's no history: she just gets up my nose in a big way (along with a few other in-forum dumbfucks).

#

"Henry is just being henry"

Tis my burden and joy.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:20 am There's no history: she just gets up my nose in a big way (along with a few other in-forum dumbfucks).
Says the dumbfuck who complains about me getting up his nose in a big way, but he reads my posts anyway! Just mind your own fucking business, Henry. That's what you're always saying you want OTHER people to do, isn't it? Yet, YOU get to be a "Jackass", as you say?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lace,

Tame your ego.

I read threads...to follow a thread, I have to read the back & forth...you, unfortunately, are part of the back & forth.

More simply (cuz you're stupid): I don't read 'you'; I read 'threads'.

And: when I'm readin' a thread I'm postin' in, it's 'my business'.
Lacewing

Re:

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:17 am when I'm readin' a thread I'm postin' in, it's 'my business'
It's not your business to attack my character with dishonest claims that have nothing to do with the discussion, but rather are just because you're being a Jackass.
henry quirk

You know what, Lace?

Post by henry quirk »

You're right.
Duncan Butlin

Post by Duncan Butlin »

henry quirk & Lacewing --- Children, children, quieten down -- there are serious events afoot. It looks as if my Suffrageur Society website will go live in a week or two. You may not think this is exactly earth-shattering news, but for me it is an event of a lifetime: I’ve been waiting 22 years to go ahead. I am wondering who will be the first to sign up -- both I and the developer are divorced, so we are not allowed to join.

Please visit my website
henry quirk

"Children, children, quieten down"

Post by henry quirk »

Duncan,

I like you...I have a certain sympathy for your cause...

...but...

...this 'children' crap: go pound sand.
Duncan Butlin

Post by Duncan Butlin »

henry quirk --- I like you too, and I am very grateful for your input, but I do question the advisability of filling the pages of these topics with insults. It may not harm you or Lacewing, but think of the influence on everybody else: I think it detracts from the sincere comments from other people. Just my opinion.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Duncan Butlin wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:24 am I do question the advisability of filling the pages of these topics with insults. It may not harm you or Lacewing, but think of the influence on everybody else: I think it detracts from the sincere comments from other people.
My comments have been VERY sincere! And your platform is FULL of insults.

Stop twisting things in a particular way to serve yourself.

We're done. So stop mentioning my name.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Duncan,

Free exchange, baby, free exchange.

Like a finely marbled steak.

##

"VERY sincere!"

Hyperbolic!
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Duncan Butlin wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:24 am henry quirk --- I like you too, and I am very grateful for your input, but I do question the advisability of filling the pages of these topics with insults. It may not harm you or Lacewing, but think of the influence on everybody else: I think it detracts from the sincere comments from other people. Just my opinion.
Yeah, it's really a bad influence on me. Stop encouraging my bad behaviour, henry. You know how I can get. :wink:
Kayla

Re:

Post by Kayla »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:31 pm
You, dressed in shorts and a tank top or even a halter top: I'll notice, mebbe appreciate, but probably I won't stare.
if someone wants to look at my ass as i run past them, or as they drive past me as i run, that does not bother me - although if they are driving i think it would be best if they did not look at my ass too much, if you take my meaning. heck i check out pretty girls from time to time myself

but my attire does not indicate any sort of desire for suggestive remarks (let alone having my ass grabbed) or availability for dates

although recently i overheard a couple of guys at a diner discussing my appearance - they agreed that i was cute but a bit too muscular for their taste
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

:roll: No one care about your 'ass', or how 'purdy' or ugly you are, or who you are attracted to. This isn't a 'dating site'.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.