Can women judge beauty the same way men do and vice-versa?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Duncan Butlin

Re: Can women judge beauty the same way men do and vice-versa?

Post by Duncan Butlin »

Philosophy Explorer --- The vast majority of the world is intent on covering it up, but there are vast differences between the male and female brain, some of which you identify. There is just one woman in the top 100 grand masters of chess, for example. For solid evolutionary reasons (differential parental investment in offspring) women assess human beauty entirely differently: they judge men the least attractive at 18, and continuously more attractive until they reach 50. Men, on the other hand, judge women the most attractive at 18, with a continuous decline with age (Science Advances). Nevertheless, women judge most men unattractive, while men have women about right (okcupid data I’ve linked to before: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... NWQyNDEzMw).

I sum it up in the acronym SPICE: scientist, philosopher, inventor, composer, engineer. The female brain will never be much good at any of these. But they have no need to worry: with girl power they rule them all. Just as my topic ‘A Philosophy for Arguing with Wives’ shows.

Please visit my website
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Ya gotta luv this. Ariana Grande decides to sing at Aretha's funeral wearing a short black dress. Bad taste but that's not the issue. She sings in front of Bill Clinton who is known for his appreciation of beauty. Never was a behind given such complete approval. Bill is still an accurate judge of female beauty.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/a ... 25066.html
IvoryBlackBishop

Post by IvoryBlackBishop »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:01 pm I don't think so. In the arts, I don't recall running across mention of prominent artists such as Da Vinci, Michaelangelo, Picasso, Bach, Beethoven, Mozart. I'm unable to account for this gender difference. Do you have anything to add?

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲
As far as the entirety of history goes, I'm not sure or particularly concerned; there are many notable female artists however (I'm assuming you're talking more about fine arts and music, than literature or fiction).

I'm not an expert, but you can google it if you want.