"Feminism"?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: "Feminism"?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:44 am I just wondered why time would matter in a rich cultural history?
That doesn't even make sense. Is it a question?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Can you see the question mark?

As you can goggle an answer to the question you asked my but mine is about what you think.
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:13 pm Can you see the question mark?

As you can goggle an answer to the question you asked my but mine is about what you think.
It's a statement with a question mark at the end. There is no question. You aren't making any sense.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:44 am I just wondered why time would matter in a rich cultural history?
Time is what it takes to build a rich cultural history. Since history is reckoned in memorable events and the most memorable events of civilization are the wars, belligerent peoples cram a lot of wars into each century, giving themselves a 'rich history', while pacific ones have long uneventful periods, or a poor history. Culture, on the other hand, is made up of all kinds of human interaction, not just the fighting.
People travel, flee, migrate, explore, relocate; they socialize, debate, couple, compete, experiment, haggle; exploit and imitate one another; work and build things; sing and decorate things; invent and break things; set trends, acquire tastes and follow fads; weep, gamble, play practical jokes, pontificate, exaggerate, get drunk and fulminate, tell stories, retell stories, weave stories into tapestry and paint stories on walls, embellish stories, translate and update stories, plagiarize and dramatize stories.
One could regard a nation's history as its list of grudges; a nation's culture is its story collection.
The relative wealth of a culture is the product of its longevity multiplied by its contact with other peoples.
vegetariantaxidermy

Skip wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:39 pm
Time is what it takes to build a rich cultural history. Since history is reckoned in memorable events and the most memorable events of civilization are the wars, belligerent peoples cram a lot of wars into each century, giving themselves a 'rich history', while pacific ones have long uneventful periods, or a poor history. Culture, on the other hand, is made up of all kinds of human interaction, not just the fighting.
People travel, flee, migrate, explore, relocate; they socialize, debate, couple, compete, experiment, haggle; exploit and imitate one another; work and build things; sing and decorate things; invent and break things; set trends, acquire tastes and follow fads; weep, gamble, play practical jokes, pontificate, exaggerate, get drunk and fulminate, tell stories, retell stories, weave stories into tapestry and paint stories on walls, embellish stories, translate and update stories, plagiarize and dramatize stories.
One could regard a nation's history as its list of grudges; a nation's culture is its story collection.
The relative wealth of a culture is the product of its longevity multiplied by its contact with other peoples.
Very pretty, but that's not what he 'asked'.
Skip

Post by Skip »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:24 pm Very pretty, but that's not what he 'asked'.
Does that matter? It's enough to be pretty.
Greta

Post by Greta »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:28 am
Greta wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:41 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:29 am

No. I was genuinely lost. I suppose 'genuine' is a new concept for you.
So you do not understand the idea of "imperialists" in the context of Skip's post? It seemed obvious enough. Do you require us to keep words limited to no more than three syllables for you?

I am familiar with the concept of being genuine. Good to know that that word is allowed as it's becoming hard to know which words are on the banned list these days. No doubt someone as politically correct as yourself will let us know when we have crossed those special lines.
I suppose it would be 'hard' for someone with Aspergers (or was it autism?). It's hard to keep up with whatever form of insanity is flavour of the month these days. Oooops. Is it PC to say that?
It can be, yes, though "high functioning" autism means I'm functioning at a "high level" - unlike you, who is blinded by irrational and overcooked hatreds and absurd obsessive political correctness about political correctness.

You have people treading on eggshells around you with your flashpoint temper, not realising that that intimidation and shutting down of people is exactly the complaint about PC. It's one thing to avoid cliché, it's another to allow that effort to render you ridiculous as you have done.
vegetariantaxidermy

Greta wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:19 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:28 am
Greta wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:41 am
So you do not understand the idea of "imperialists" in the context of Skip's post? It seemed obvious enough. Do you require us to keep words limited to no more than three syllables for you?

I am familiar with the concept of being genuine. Good to know that that word is allowed as it's becoming hard to know which words are on the banned list these days. No doubt someone as politically correct as yourself will let us know when we have crossed those special lines.
I suppose it would be 'hard' for someone with Aspergers (or was it autism?). It's hard to keep up with whatever form of insanity is flavour of the month these days. Oooops. Is it PC to say that?
It can be, yes, though "high functioning" autism means I'm functioning at a "high level" - unlike you, who is blinded by irrational and overcooked hatreds and absurd obsessive political correctness about political correctness.

You have people treading on eggshells around you with your flashpoint temper, not realising that that intimidation and shutting down of people is exactly the complaint about PC. It's one thing to avoid cliché, it's another to allow that effort to render you ridiculous as you have done.
Skip

Post by Skip »

BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL!!
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

The fight between feminists and transexuals show why men are essential. Here is a typical fight

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/the- ... e-at-war-w
But it has been bizarre to watch the transgender activists face off with the feminists, who are realizing that feminism is essentially an outdated dogma in a world where men can become women on a whim—and even win female awards, indicating that they are better at being women than biological women. This face-off has even turned physical in a few instances, such as when trans activists and radical feminists brawled in London’s Hyde Park last fall. More recently in Canada, feminists were outraged when a male-born trans woman was elected leader of Quebec’s largest women’s rights group, pointing out that he wasn’t “a real woman.”...................
All that is necessary to resolve this dispute is the appearance of men like John Wayne to separate them and tell them to behave and go home. Then peace will be restored by the presence of these men and once again all will be wonderful.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Skip wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:06 am BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL!!
My favourite drummer :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLHQG20Xsyg
Skip

Post by Skip »

and now mine, too. I never appreciated drummers; always had my eye on the bass guitar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZjlj0A6oOc
white ain't too shabby, either.