~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:Sounds like a bee got under your bonnet. Don't know why.
And I have a good idea why you always try to make it psychological.
Hope you recover. ...
It's not me who needs the help.
More towards the topic, I see that you reserve a cautious belief in this new digital currency. ...
What on earth has belief got to do it?
Again, good luck to you...[/size]
Save your false platitudes. I prefer a straight answer to this, "... More rights over the power of fiat money - IF that's possible. ...". So what rights are you looking for over the power of fiat money?

If your response is still that its about cryptocurrency then I'd like your thoughts about my critique of the inadequacy of the blockchain technology to replace fiat money as the medium of exchange due to the ridiculous costs that would be involved in processing so many transactions. You appear to be proposing a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
[img]
Last time I checked you were complaining about not being paid for the content you supply upon the weeb. Have you paid the creator of this image for their content or are you just stealing others efforts yet again?
User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.




When I refer to, rights over fiat money I am referring to the characteristic of the fact that cryptocurrencies are borderless.


*You keep referring to a statement that I stole something? An image or something?

First of all, I am not profiting from copy/pasting ANYTHING in this forum.

ANY material that you think is stolen I URGE YOU to contact the owner of that material and tell them to come after me.


This is a copy/paste world.

You being on a philosophy forum ON THE INTERNET should have a modicum of understanding that ALL OF OUR WORDS here that we use ARE SOMEONE ELSE'S.


***I continually see why you hide behind a fake moniker. As a modern philosopher myself I am roiled of your apparent ignorance of the spoken/written word. WE OWN NOTHING.


Your thoughts are not yours.


Each one of these words and individual characters we call letters are simply monikers of images, memories, symbols of someone else's.



Now go ahead & copy/paste my words in order to quote me & come-up with lame responses.



Are you trying to get me to call you a dumb-ass? Kuz it's NOT GOING TO WORK.


You're pushing me close but - IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK.







.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:When I refer to, rights over fiat money I am referring to the characteristic of the fact that cryptocurrencies are borderless.
The US dollar has borders? You better tell the rest of the world as they have a large amount of your currency.
*You keep referring to a statement that I stole something? An image or something?

First of all, I am not profiting from copy/pasting ANYTHING in this forum.

ANY material that you think is stolen I URGE YOU to contact the owner of that material and tell them to come after me. ...
You appear to not understand copyright rules, it does not matter if you make a profit you should acknowledge the creator, but you are a good example of how they are not being enforced due to the ridiculous use of HTML which at its inception was designed to be used between scientists who understood IP and CR with respect to others ideas.
This is a copy/paste world.
Sure for the stupid.
You being on a philosophy forum ON THE INTERNET should have a modicum of understanding that ALL OF OUR WORDS here that we use ARE SOMEONE ELSE'S.
You appear to not understand English as it cannot be 'our' and 'someone else's'
***I continually see why you hide behind a fake moniker. ...
Funny how selective you are in this 'insult' as you praise those with niks who agree with you and the last time we talked about this you actually cut/pasted a quote from someone who was using a pseudonym. :lol:
As a modern philosopher myself I am roiled of your apparent ignorance of the spoken/written word. WE OWN NOTHING. ...
And yet writers and artist still make a living?
Your thoughts are not yours. ...
Your's might not be but mine surely are.
Each one of these words and individual characters we call letters are simply monikers of images, memories, symbols of someone else's.
I thought you said no-one owns anything so who is this 'someone else's'. Reason, language and logic are strangers to the gnu.

Now go ahead & copy/paste my words in order to quote me & come-up with lame responses.
:lol: I don't need your permission thanks.
Are you trying to get me to call you a dumb-ass? Kuz it's NOT GOING TO WORK.
No, I'm trying to get you to address philosophical critique of your thoughts as this is a philosophy forum but then that's not why you're here is it.
You're pushing me close but - IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK.[/size]
You think to much of yourself as your emotional state is immaterial to me.
User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.





Okay. Just so everyone knows where you're coming from, You are coping & pasting to form an argument against coping & pasting.

Got it.






.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:14 pmOkay. Just so everyone knows where you're coming from, You are coping & pasting to form an argument against coping & pasting.

Got it.
You're such a mook. I'm using a quote function to reply to your thoughts.

Psychologically you are really unsuited to a philosophy forum as it's all about you and your issues. The possibility of a universal money and its possible impact upon politics and the various societies is an interesting topic to those with a modicum of interest in such things but there are many problems and issues with the technology even being up to the job and whether it merits being done in the first place but you are incapable of discussing them as its all tied up with your self-worth. Gnu I name thee!
p.s.
It's 'copying' and really it's 'copy and pasting'.
User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.






...............................................................Image





There are about 206 countries on earth right now. Each with their own separate government issued fiat.


True cryptocurrencies are borderless. Meaning no one country prints or issues or owns the currency. There is no central banking system to distribute the fiat.

Individual countries can make one, many, or all cryptocurrency illegal to use in their country.

**Fun Fact: Cryptocurrencies have no direct outer manifestation. Essentially, cryptos are the first borderless store of value that can exist solely in our minds.



- Feel like I don't really need to explain digital assets to you since you said you already support the technology by having investing into it...




All words, all symbols, all images are metaphors. NONE of them are ours...
~~~ Bill Wiltrack ~~~






.
User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2888
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by -1- »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:49 pm
Bill Wiltrack wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:14 pmOkay. Just so everyone knows where you're coming from, You are coping & pasting to form an argument against coping & pasting.

Got it.
It's 'copying' and really it's 'copy and pasting'.
I don't know... Bill Wiltrack may have wanted to type "coping and fasting". That would have been correct. I suspect he lives in the third world.

Well, if not in the third world, then at any rate he lives in another world, never mind our own. In his own.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:There are about 206 countries on earth right now. Each with their own separate government issued fiat.
Which you want to replace with thousands of volatile cryptocurrencies?
True cryptocurrencies are borderless. Meaning no one country prints or issues or owns the currency. There is no central banking system to distribute the fiat.

Individual countries can make one, many, or all cryptocurrency illegal to use in their country. ...
So?
**Fun Fact: Cryptocurrencies have no direct outer manifestation. Essentially, cryptos are the first borderless store of value that can exist solely in our minds.
What are your usb wallets holding then?

Real fact #1 All currencies essentially exist solely in our minds.

Don't know where you live but over here I've not carried cash for a decade.
- Feel like I don't really need to explain digital assets to you since you said you already support the technology by having investing into it...
And yet you went right ahead and did it anyway. :roll:
All words, all symbols, all images are metaphors. NONE of them are ours...
~~~ Bill Wiltrack ~~~[/size]
Whose are they then?
User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.





Okay, lots of softballs but I will address them anyway for I feel you have looked to me for guidance over the years & you still look to me for guidance in philosophical & technical matters.


First, just because there are over 2,000 existing cryptocurrencies now & there will soon be another 2,000 in the near future, YOU DON"T NEED TO USE ALL 2,000!


I have said in the past, there are really only a handful of cryptos that I see as having a future. MOST cryptos existing now are basically a get-rich-quick scheme for a few of the developers.

Until regulations develop in the space, and they are developing now, there will be a lot of scams. Buyer beware.


If you own cryptocurrencies you have access to a public & a private key in whatever type of wallet you use.


Often a mnemonic phrase, set of numbers, or other identifying process will be an added layer to your wallets' security.




Finally, do you create the English language? Any language? - IF you didn't - you're using someone else's metaphors.

I understand your angst in the situation that you repeat here upon the PhilosophyNow Forums but your associated feelings are antiquated.


The world has changed. The world continues to change.


***Fun Fact: I urge you to contact ANY & ALL images creators or processors that you think I have infringed upon. Set them on me. Let's see what happens.

If you can't do this...perhaps you should drop the argument. It's getting old...






.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:Okay, lots of softballs but I will address them anyway for I feel you have looked to me for guidance over the years & you still look to me for guidance in philosophical & technical matters.
Bill I wouldn't trust you to find your arse with your own hands.
First, just because there are over 2,000 existing cryptocurrencies now & there will soon be another 2,000 in the near future, YOU DON"T NEED TO USE ALL 2,000!
You don't need to use any of them as money as we have a pretty good system of money as it is.

You seem to ignore the technical and energy costs involved in making a cryptotoken money? Why would we bother and why would vendors bother with the hassle involved in accepting a 'money' that could depreciate the next week.
I have said in the past, there are really only a handful of cryptos that I see as having a future. MOST cryptos existing now are basically a get-rich-quick scheme for a few of the developers. ...
How so? Are you talking about ICO's?
Until regulations develop in the space, and they are developing now, there will be a lot of scams. Buyer beware.
What 'scams'? The main problem is vapourware. Regulations will make no difference or if they will could you tell me what kind of regulations you propose?
If you own cryptocurrencies you have access to a public & a private key in whatever type of wallet you use.

Often a mnemonic phrase, set of numbers, or other identifying process will be an added layer to your wallets' security. ...
So against what you said earlier about their being no physical representation then. :lol:
Finally, do you create the English language? Any language? - IF you didn't - you're using someone else's metaphors.
How did they create them then? But I do claim 'gnu' and 'godbotherer' or at least I claim the meaning that I have created for them. :)
I understand your angst in the situation that you repeat here upon the PhilosophyNow Forums but your associated feelings are antiquated. ...
I have no angst nor feelings about this, I'm just pointing out that you in a previous fad claimed that you should be paid for your content and that bockchain might allow this and that if this was the case then you would have to be paying the creators of the images and words that you plagarise, i.e. that you do not ascribe the rightful ownership but just use others efforts to self-aggrandise presumably for some psychological lack of self-worth.
The world has changed. The world continues to change.
For a vast percentage of the world it hasn't changed at all.
***Fun Fact: I urge you to contact ANY & ALL images creators or processors that you think I have infringed upon. Set them on me. Let's see what happens. ...
What could they do? Most do not have the money to copyright everything they do nor to prosecute plagiarists or creative thieves, with digital plagiarism the cat is truly out of the bag in that respect, or at least until something like Ted Nelson's Xanadu is implemented. Although having said that sure, next time you post an image I'll take a look at the source and see if it has a copyright infringement clause and if so I'll drop them a line but I'm guessing you pick these things up from bucket shops so unlikely that they follow the rules either. I'm not saying you have to pay them as most just want an acknowledgement that they were the creator but given you think anyone's else efforts are yours I can understand why you don't, ever the union man eh!
If you can't do this...perhaps you should drop the argument. It's getting old...
[/size]
But it was your argument? You thought that you should get paid for your content, I'm just pointing out that you don't extend the same courtesy to others and that essentially you are acting unethically. Philosophy forum an' all that.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Lacewing »

.
Very funny thread. (Thanks Arising_uk)
Arising to Bill wrote: ...you do not ascribe the rightful ownership but just use others efforts to self-aggrandise presumably for some psychological lack of self-worth.
I was thinking the same thing -- appearances through association.

PLUS that sideways-talking salesman energy. :lol:

Does that feel like a misrepresentation, Bill... or do you acknowledge and embrace that as a skill?
User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.





Well, I mean, I don't get it but I feel like I have evolved & can no longer comfortably take the position of my distinguished fellow member.


And I respect you taking your position...but just remember -


She is making an argument against copy and pasting by copy and pasting.


She ALWAYS copy & pastes fellow members statement usually in failed attempts to attack them.

I don't care. Makes no difference to me. Kind-of boring but if that's her thing - so be it.



I do take issue with one thing she has said recently, though I really don't want to pursue it.

While back I did want to have an article placed in the snail-mail copy of PhilosophyNow Magazine. No longer.

At the time I made some strong arguments for that urge. NONE of them were ultimately for my benefit.

So, she's distorting a past experience that was ultimately just a promotional plan I devised for PhilosophyNow web members to be given a rightfully higher esteem and recognition.



But as far as argument, especially philosophically related arguments, I don't care how anyone chooses to form their premises.

Just keep in mind, for example, we are not discussing ANYTHING philosophical related to the focus of this thread.


The member that is driving you and your conversation right now is attempting to attack me personally. That member continually draws individual attacks as opposed to philosophical theory. Don't be fooled. Check-out that member's post history. They virtually NEVER add original posts or content. Just really sophomoric attempts to attack fellow members. Really for no reason or end.

Keep that in-mind. React however you wish.



You weren't around back when but I saved that particular members ass when they were getting their **** handed to them by, what this entire site thought was a unvanquishable bully. I kicked that members ass here then then walked-over to a new site they consequently created - and kicked her ass over there too.

Ever since, the PhilosophyNow member that I championed has felt diminished by my presence. Just the way it is.


-And I DON'T CARE! I have forgotten about the incident but this particular current member cannot let it go.

I'm OVER IT.







.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Dontaskme »

No one has copyright of knowledge.

All knowledge informs illusory reality.

We are born not-knowing anything.

All you know is what another person has told you, so you have no original knowledge of your own.

All knowledge is mentally constructed via sound coming from the throat of a human being heard as words with meaning.

A noise coming from the vocal cords....is nothing but a meaningless sound no different to the sound coming from a barking dog...except humans have attached meaning and value to their noise making machine, and then they actually believe those noises are real things in the world....they are not, it’s all fiction arising from nothing returning to nothing.

.

Words have created an artificial separation within wholeness that is life living itself...words are the cause of all human misery and suffering.

Humans are so screwed and they did this to themselves, because they have believed in their own self made delusions as if they actually existed.

.

Bill knows nothing belongs to you not even knowledge or thought...these are all illusory things.

.

Has anyone ever seen two barking dogs arguing with each other?

Bill is such a gentleman. Thankyou for being here. Pretending like the rest of us, except some of us take our pretending a little bit more seriously that others...Bill is not one of them.

.
User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.




.....................YOU are the type of member that makes being here worthwhile. Thank you.




.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Lacewing »

Bill Wiltrack wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:16 am Ever since, the PhilosophyNow member that I championed has felt diminished by my presence. Just the way it is.
Only in your mind, I'm sure.

Wouldn't you agree that this is a place where people can be challenged about the things they say? How else are we to evolve more broadly than our own intoxicated thoughts? I enjoy Arising_UK's humorous insights which are delivered skillfully and politely. They are simply challenging! An essential element of a philosophy forum, don't you think? It's unfortunate that you won't answer the questions posed to you. There's value in considering what they might reveal.
Post Reply