Have you ever seen or encountered aggressive women?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Have you ever seen or encountered aggressive women?

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

I won't deny that men, on average, are more aggressive than women in any number of ways. This doesn't mean that women can't be aggressive.

It's an interesting question on what is meant by aggression because it seems to depend on a standard?
Is it like beauty is in the eye of the beholder or can it be defined? What can you add to these thoughts?

PhilX 🇺🇸
Walker

Re: Have you ever seen or encountered aggressive women?

Post by Walker »

What a woman calls aggression is just pussyfootin.

This is why men know more about control than provocation.
-1-

Post by -1- »

When I was young, at a party a lawyer-woman, the best looking at the party, walked up to me at the end and put her number in my hand. She hadn't spoken to me two words the entire night, so I was a bit taken aback.

And I met a midget at another party, who misunderstood my sympathy. I can't look at midgets without a lot of pity and i have to express it somehow. She came after me pretty ferociously, but I ran faster, having longer legs. All in the socializing sense, of course.

And at a third party, a girl who weighed about twenty or thirty lbs more than I, and I was also heavy set, was so happy to see me, that she ran up to me, threw her arms around me, and her combined momentum and kinetic energy knocked me off the ground and we landed on the ground, rolling on the ground.

Oh, before you envy me: the lawyer lady mentioned in para 1, put her number in my palm by burning the digits with her cigarette into my live, living skin.

I did not wince once.
Walker

Post by Walker »

:lol:
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:09 amI won't deny that men, on average, are more aggressive than women in any number of ways.
...No, but I would agree that men tend to be more physically aggressive.
iolo

Post by iolo »

Some men, particularly American ones, have been brought up to push hard to be noticed and to 'win' any disagreement, and they get very boring on radio, when they interrupt all the time. Most women, for cultural reasons, can managed detailed work much better than most men from the same culture, just as the men are much better at judging, say, the distance between cars. Many women go in for infantilism, and must have men much larger than themselves, just as many men prefer women who pretend to he half-witted. One day we'll all grow up, and like one another a great deal better.
IvoryBlackBishop

Post by IvoryBlackBishop »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:09 am I won't deny that men, on average, are more aggressive than women in any number of ways. This doesn't mean that women can't be aggressive.

It's an interesting question on what is meant by aggression because it seems to depend on a standard?
Is it like beauty is in the eye of the beholder or can it be defined? What can you add to these thoughts?

PhilX 🇺🇸
There are enough documented legal and historical cases (e.x. female murders, gang members) that I'm surpised a question like this would even need to be asked. (As far as military history goes, it was always rarer, but women have served in combat during many historical periods, such as female snipers in the Soviet military); some might even equate a question this obvious to any mature adult with archaism and misogyny.

As far as evolutionary psychology and legal philosophy goes, the tendency to act "aggressive, savage, uncivilized" is part of human nature, though the specific ways in which men and women engage in "aggressive or antagonistic" behavior may tend to have differences.

I also assume you're referring to physical rather than "verbal" aggression (which can easily be observed in men and women on social media).