Sexily-dressed women

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Science Fan

Re: Sexily-dressed women

Post by Science Fan »

Veggie: Another key characteristic of the PC crowd is that they deny any biological basis for behavior and gender sexual preferences. And, surprise, surprise, you are here denying science in favor of the PC position. One can reference the work of David Buss in "Why Women Have Sex," as to the enormous impact biological evolution has on women's sexual desires. Including preferring taller men. Men, for example, who have personal ads that indicate they are taller than average, get more responses from women. Women, in their personal ads, are 80% likely to ask for a man at least 6 feet tall. In fact, there are a large number of studies on this topic, all of which debunk PC bullshit.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Wrong again. There has been no scientific evidence posted. Odd that you are perfectly fine with 'generalisations' about women. Typically PC hypocrisy. I couldn't care less what women like--it's just the bullshit I have a problem with.
vegetariantaxidermy

Science Fan wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:44 pm Veggie: You are the most PC person I've ever seen on social media. The mindless PC crowd does what? They bad-mouth America, and you obsess over that part of PC culture. What else do PC people do? They resort to name-calling when they encounter someone who disagrees with them. You have that down pat too.

Not to mention your identity-politics, where you even claim a man cannot have an opinion on abortion. Of course, this leads to an absurdity: A woman who wants abortions banned, according to you, is an opinion that should be given greater weight than a man who wants abortions to be legal.
The PC don't 'bad-mouth' America. America is the birth-place of PC. You are becoming more irrational and unreasonable by the day.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Veggie: Damn you are thick. The PC-brigade spends a lot of its time bad-mouthing the USA. That's as true of Americans who are into PC as it is for Kiwis who are into PC.

You are so PC it's amazing you even try to deny it. You are a proponent of identity politics, even claiming that no man is entitled to an opinion on abortion. That's an extreme view that is perfectly aligned with the PC movement. You also just within the last hour posted a comment denying a biological basis for women being attracted to tall men. That's PC, as PC-brigade members deny a biological basis for human behavior, especially when it comes to sexual attraction.

I can't think of a single comment you've ever made here that is not PC.
Serendipper

Post by Serendipper »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:28 pm
Serendipper wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:51 pm Relatively few studies on height preferences exist. To date, the samples used in the Western world come from seven nations (United States, Germany, Austria, England, Canada, France, and Poland). Some key patterns have been found across these Western cultures: (a) females prefer men who are taller than average; (b) most studies find that a female’s height is positively correlated with her preference for a male mate’s height; and (c) women’s preferred difference in height seems to be greatest for shorter women.[/i] http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10 ... 3X13519256
A 'Yahoo' survey. So, scientifically sound then.
That's sarcasm? What's unscientific about it?
Why do males obsess so much about what women like?
Because they want women to like them?
The fact is that males are NEARLY ALWAYS taller and bigger than women, so women don't tend to have a lot of choice when it comes to 'dating' males taller than themselves. Duh!
The shorter the woman, the taller the man must be (on average). The taller the woman, the less concerned she is about height. I gave reasons for this on the ILP thread, which are:

- short women are less capable of protecting themselves, so desire a large man to compensate.
- short women desire the tall-genes for their kids.
- and it's a fetish.

Tall women (above 5'8") are less concerned, certainly with genetics, but also protection since they don't feel as physically helpless.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Science Fan wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:38 am Veggie: Damn you are thick. The PC-brigade spends a lot of its time bad-mouthing the USA. That's as true of Americans who are into PC as it is for Kiwis who are into PC.

You are so PC it's amazing you even try to deny it. You are a proponent of identity politics, even claiming that no man is entitled to an opinion on abortion. That's an extreme view that is perfectly aligned with the PC movement. You also just within the last hour posted a comment denying a biological basis for women being attracted to tall men. That's PC, as PC-brigade members deny a biological basis for human behavior, especially when it comes to sexual attraction.

I can't think of a single comment you've ever made here that is not PC.
SF,

I like what you say. I'll be adding on to what you say after I do some research.

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

Serendipper wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:23 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:28 pm
Serendipper wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:51 pm Relatively few studies on height preferences exist. To date, the samples used in the Western world come from seven nations (United States, Germany, Austria, England, Canada, France, and Poland). Some key patterns have been found across these Western cultures: (a) females prefer men who are taller than average; (b) most studies find that a female’s height is positively correlated with her preference for a male mate’s height; and (c) women’s preferred difference in height seems to be greatest for shorter women.[/i] http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10 ... 3X13519256
A 'Yahoo' survey. So, scientifically sound then.
That's sarcasm? What's unscientific about it?
Why do males obsess so much about what women like?
Because they want women to like them?
The fact is that males are NEARLY ALWAYS taller and bigger than women, so women don't tend to have a lot of choice when it comes to 'dating' males taller than themselves. Duh!
The shorter the woman, the taller the man must be (on average). The taller the woman, the less concerned she is about height. I gave reasons for this on the ILP thread, which are:

- short women are less capable of protecting themselves, so desire a large man to compensate.
- short women desire the tall-genes for their kids.
- and it's a fetish.

Tall women (above 5'8") are less concerned, certainly with genetics, but also protection since they don't feel as physically helpless.
There is nothing scientific here, just surmising.
Serendipper

Post by Serendipper »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:03 am There is nothing scientific here, just surmising.
Yup, there is nothing scientific there; just surmising.

That's a deliciously ironic characterization of your own comment ;)

Unless you can come up with some substantive rationale to counter my argument and evidence, you're just painting yourself in a bad light with maleficent remarks intending to discredit.
vegetariantaxidermy

Serendipper wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:15 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:03 am There is nothing scientific here, just surmising.
Yup, there is nothing scientific there; just surmising.

That's a deliciously ironic characterization of your own comment ;)

Unless you can come up with some substantive rationale to counter my argument and evidence, you're just painting yourself in a bad light with maleficent remarks intending to discredit.
I'm not the one claiming to have scientific evidence. How long is a piece is string? There is no irony in anything I've said.
Serendipper

Post by Serendipper »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:58 am I'm not the one claiming to have scientific evidence. How long is a piece is string? There is no irony in anything I've said.
Unfortunately for you, the readers will be the judge of that.
vegetariantaxidermy

I'll be waiting with baited breath then. :|
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Veggie is obsessed with PC. PC folks hate the fact that science has shown there is a biological basis for human behavior, including a biological difference between men and women, especially when it comes to sexual desire. It rules out their unscientific claim that there is no such thing as human nature and one can simply come up with some PC culture that will magically mold people into citizens of an utopia. It also undermines their unscientific claim that they are smarter than conservatives, because if one's political orientation is based on evolution giving rise to political personality traits, then one's political orientation is not based on rational arguments, but on biologically driven feelings. PC folks like Veggie hate that fact, because how can they romp around social media claiming to be mentally superior to their opposition then?
vegetariantaxidermy

So which 'social media' do I 'romp around on'? Who the fuck do you think you are? I simply pointed out that there has been no scientific evidence supplied by posters here for any of the claims. If you think a yahoo survey is scientific then I feel sorry for you. Women are actually quite a bit more complex than your blow-up dolls. And you have the nerve to call yourself 'science fan'.
80 percent of yanks apparently believe in angels. Over 90 percent support their military. I think that's pretty good evidence for yanks being warmongering morons, so dislike of them is more than rational.
You PC 'Progressives' trip yourselves up all the time with your hypocritical inconsistencies. 'PC' and 'hypocritical' are co-dependent. Someone who isn't a hypocrite can't be PC. I don't expect you, as an American, to grasp that incredibly complex(not) concept.
If women don't like you it's because you are a devious arsehole with no descernible humanity, not because you are short and ugly. Stop blaming women for that.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

There you go again, veggie, being crazy as ever. First off, if you look at polling results from around the globe, you will see that numerous western countries have populations that believe in a high percentage of nonsense. Secondly, what does the belief of any fellow American have to do with my own personal beliefs? Absolutely nothing. But, since you are obsessed with PC bullshit, you label people as part of your identity politics. Also, have you taken a look at your own country's military abuses? You were commenting about Vietnam not long ago, but New Zealand was involved in Vietnam. And that's not the only foreign war New Zealand has participated in. Far from it. Your own country, for such a small nation, all over the map with war efforts. Does that make you a military zealot? No. Yet, if I applied "your logic," then I would just label you as a military zealot because of New Zealand's military history. Probably most of it you aren't even aware of.
vegetariantaxidermy

Interesting how you keep claiming to 'know' so much about me, and 'sneak' it in on practically every exchange with me. Of course, you never get personal or insulting in arguments (more of your hypocrisy). NZ is a weak little country with a fragile economy that unfortunately caves in far too often to pressure from the big fat bullies in the schoolyard. I think it's still at the top of the Global Peace Index though--probably because it doesn't make a habit of attacking other peoples' countries. Do you really think I would shed a tear when Kiwi soldiers get what they deserve?
And yeah, American-style 'troop worship' is infecting the rest of the planet. I'm sure New Zealanders aren't immune to political brain-washing and manipulation.