Sexily-dressed women

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: Sexily-dressed women

Post by Greta »

Serendipper wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:02 amI just said it yesterday that the Left is like Freddy Krueger: smart but crazy!

The Right is like Dunning-Kruger: the "deplorables". Look at the user names: Nodebt and Jethro.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Having said that, the evangelist right takes madness to a whole new level, perhaps inspired by their lunatic Abrahamic counterparts.

Recently a conservative(?) pastor claimed that masturbation was a pathway to homosexuality because masturbating males are effectively having sex with a man. I'm personally curious to know how he gets on when toileting and showering. I mean, rubbing his hands all over his wet, lathery body (even without washing his nether regions) is, let's face it, super-duper gay :D
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Serendipper wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:15 am
Science Fan wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:59 pm Veggie: I'm not the only one here who sees your PC bullshit for what it is. Give it up already. Your PC bullshit may work in your social-media echo chambers, but it's not working here. That's the whole idea of a philosophy forum --- to encourage rational debate, not the normal idiocy on social media.
Ann Coulter has often said that one can only punch up, not down, because the one you're criticizing has to be smart enough to understand the criticism, therefore you can never insult the stupid. The truth of that is obvious enough to see, but it begs the question if the corollary is also true: that those who can never be insulted are necessarily stupid.

Dunning-Kruger has actually gotten quite old (1999) and, as it turns out, there's been new research published in 2015, both confirming and adding-to:

Unskilled and Don't Want to Be Aware of It: The Effect of Self-Relevance on the Unskilled and Unaware Phenomenon

"We contend that the unskilled are motivated to ignore (be unaware of) their poor performance so that they can feel better about themselves. We tested this idea in an experiment in which we manipulated the perceived self-relevancy of the task to men and women after they had completed a visual pun task and before they estimated their performance on the task. As predicted, the unskilled and unaware effect was attenuated when the task was perceived to have low self-relevance."

So not only can one be too dumb to know they're dumb, but can also have a big ego about what they mistakenly know.

Of course, I'm sure this is not science either :roll:

I wouldn't worry about veggie. Imagine you're reading youtube comments, are you going to believe the facts posted or the irrational feelings?
What does this mess actually mean?
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Veggie: It means you ruined a perfectly good post about sexily-dressed women. You are a buzzkill on steroids.
Serendipper

Post by Serendipper »

Greta wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:35 am
Serendipper wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:02 amI just said it yesterday that the Left is like Freddy Krueger: smart but crazy!

The Right is like Dunning-Kruger: the "deplorables". Look at the user names: Nodebt and Jethro.

Having said that, the evangelist right takes madness to a whole new level, perhaps inspired by their lunatic Abrahamic counterparts.

Recently a conservative(?) pastor claimed that masturbation was a pathway to homosexuality because masturbating males are effectively having sex with a man. I'm personally curious to know how he gets on when toileting and showering. I mean, rubbing his hands all over his wet, lathery body (even without washing his nether regions) is, let's face it, super-duper gay :D
I haven't heard that one. Hmm.. if that is true, then the church needs to supply women to give me a bath lest I become homosexual :D
-1-

Post by -1- »

Greta wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:35 am Recently a conservative(?) pastor claimed that masturbation was a pathway to homosexuality because masturbating males are effectively having sex with a man.
Also, the pastor excluded 50% of humanity from being homosexual on the same basis. When a woman masturbates, she is having sex with a woman.

What about that.
Greta

Post by Greta »

-1- wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:51 pm
Greta wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:35 am Recently a conservative(?) pastor claimed that masturbation was a pathway to homosexuality because masturbating males are effectively having sex with a man.
Also, the pastor excluded 50% of humanity from being homosexual on the same basis. When a woman masturbates, she is having sex with a woman.

What about that.
I don't think we count to this guy, -1-. The blinkers are on too tightly.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Serendipper wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:00 pmI haven't heard that one. Hmm.. if that is true, then the church needs to supply women to give me a bath lest I become homosexual :D
I recommend that you give your local church a call, explain the situation, and beg for them to show compassion and send some of the flock down to save your soul. I'm sure your request would be well received :)
-1-

Post by -1- »

Greta wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:09 am
-1- wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:51 pm [

What about that.
I think that women are invisible to him precisely because he is gay.
Greta

Post by Greta »

-1- wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:36 pm
Greta wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:09 am
-1- wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:51 pm [

What about that.
I think that women are invisible to him precisely because he is gay.
He's surely massively insecure about his sexuality - and his interpretation of self pleasure reeks of guilt and fear of the gay stigma. He is a silly boy.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Greta wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:47 am He's surely massively insecure about his sexuality - and his interpretation of self pleasure reeks of guilt and fear of the gay stigma. He is a silly boy.
I am entirely sure he flagellates himself after every impure thought that crosses his mind.
vegetariantaxidermy

Serendipper wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:00 pm

I haven't heard that one. Hmm.. if that is true, then the church needs to supply women to give me a bath lest I become homosexual :D
Of course, since women are a commodity to be 'supplied'. Is that Correct?
Serendipper

Post by Serendipper »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Certainly not in your case :lol: Send me a bevy of nuns, not feckless feminists!

If you want to talk about commodities, we've entered into the realm of male dispensability. Men are 80% of completed suicides, 90% of workplace fatalities, nearly all war casualties and no one seems to give a damn which makes men completely and utterly disposable commodities in the eyes of women who continue to confine their piss and moanings about how they're being oppressed from their perch up high on their pedestals supplied to them with the lives of countless men. Don't set your steaming bucket of self-righteous hypocritical drivel on my doorstep.
vegetariantaxidermy

Serendipper wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:25 pm

Certainly not in your case :lol: Send me a bevy of nuns, not feckless feminists!

If you want to talk about commodities, we've entered into the realm of male dispensability. Men are 80% of completed suicides, 90% of workplace fatalities, nearly all war casualties and no one seems to give a damn which makes men completely and utterly disposable commodities in the eyes of women who continue to confine their piss and moanings about how they're being oppressed from their perch up high on their pedestals supplied to them with the lives of countless men. Don't set your steaming bucket of self-righteous hypocritical drivel on my doorstep.
Stupid literal yank. If you knew anything about me you would know that I've often said similar.
Serendipper

Post by Serendipper »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:56 pm

Stupid literal yank. If you knew anything about me you would know that I've often said similar.
What? You've protested when a woman wanted a repairman to come fix her leaking roof that she was "commoditizing men", as if roofers were a commodity to be supplied?

If the church is protesting that I give myself a bath lest I become homo, then the church should send the serous sisters to sanctify my sexuality. I suppose the women get the frisky fathers to bathe them for the same reason. Rather than seeing the humor in it, you've seized the opportunity to embark on a righteous crusade against some illusory persecution of women while overlooking the real atrocities befalling men.
vegetariantaxidermy

Serendipper wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:23 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:56 pm

What? You've protested when a woman wanted a repairman to come fix her leaking roof that she was "commoditizing men", as if roofers were a commodity to be supplied?

If the church is protesting that I give myself a bath lest I become homo, then the church should send the serous sisters to sanctify my sexuality. I suppose the women get the frisky fathers to bathe them for the same reason. Rather than seeing the humor in it, you've seized the opportunity to embark on a righteous crusade against some illusory persecution of women while overlooking the real atrocities befalling men.
I'm pretty sure I have never had a discussion on here about leaking roofs, or ever in my life used the expression 'commoditizing men' (or anyone or anything else for that matter).