What Will Heal the Division between the Sexes?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: What Will Heal the Division between the Sexes?

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:20 pm All I said was 'oh really?' and your predictable response was nasty and personal.
:lol: Right, that doesn't seem appropriate for you at all.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:20 pm I've had female friends in my life too and have (more than enough) sisters, and never, EVER have we discussed our sex lives in any sort of detail. Women just don't want to hear about other women's sex.
That's not the only kind of discussions between women that reveal what they really need in order to feel their most open and sharing selves. :D Men could have such wonderful little love goddesses if they would stop disgusting and discouraging women.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:20 pmUnlike others on here I can see right through your carefully cultivated 'spiritual earth goddess'/coquettish, people-loving, free-spirited nymph facade.
It's not a façade. :lol: Whatever you think you see is your own self-indulgent trip.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:20 pm It's only arrogance that makes Americans spell in the offensive way that they do.
No, it's how I was taught to spell. You may think it's ignorant, but we're all taught all sorts of ignorant things by other ignorant people, aren't we? Who made you the Queen of language and spelling? Fuck off. See, I know how to spell that. :D
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:20 pmit wasn't immediately obvious if the writer was using the word correctly, or as the obnoxious way Americans insist on spelling 'arse'. Working out 'which' ended up wasting several unnecessary seconds of my valuable time.
You do have such a difficult life.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:32 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:20 pm All I said was 'oh really?' and your predictable response was nasty and personal.
:lol: Right, that doesn't seem appropriate for you at all.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:20 pm I've had female friends in my life too and have (more than enough) sisters, and never, EVER have we discussed our sex lives in any sort of detail. Women just don't want to hear about other women's sex.
That's not the only kind of discussions between women that reveal what they really need in order to feel their most open and sharing selves. :D Men could have such wonderful little love goddesses if they would stop disgusting and discouraging women.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:20 pmUnlike others on here I can see right through your carefully cultivated 'spiritual earth goddess'/coquettish, people-loving, free-spirited nymph facade.
It's not a façade. :lol: Whatever you think you see is your own self-indulgent trip.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:20 pm It's only arrogance that makes Americans spell in the offensive way that they do.
No, it's how I was taught to spell. You may think it's ignorant, but we're all taught all sorts of ignorant things by other ignorant people, aren't we? Who made you the Queen of language and spelling? Fuck off. See, I know how to spell that. :D
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:20 pmit wasn't immediately obvious if the writer was using the word correctly, or as the obnoxious way Americans insist on spelling 'arse'. Working out 'which' ended up wasting several unnecessary seconds of my valuable time.
You do have such a difficult life.
Yes it's a facade, because it disintegrates at the slightest provocation (plus, people who describe themselves as 'spriritual' never are). I'm afraid I don't share your extremely high opinion of yourself.
Getting back to the thread--the answer to that could well be, 'when women stop behaving like awestruck dipshits around males'.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm Yes it's a facade, because it disintegrates at the slightest provocation...
It doesn't disintegrate -- it is simply much more versatile than you might imagine. :D Are you one of those people who must define everything to fit in a little box?
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm(plus, people who describe themselves as 'spriritual' never are).
It's just a description that can apply to all kinds of characteristics and interests.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm I'm afraid I don't share your extremely high opinion of yourself.
Veggie... I'm afraid I don't share your negative, bitter, and contemptuous disposition. So what? We're each doing what feels natural for us.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm Getting back to the thread--the answer to that could well be, 'when women stop behaving like awestruck dipshits around males'.
Yes, that would help too.
vegetariantaxidermy

Lacewing wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:06 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm Yes it's a facade, because it disintegrates at the slightest provocation...
It doesn't disintegrate -- it is simply much more versatile than you might imagine. :D Are you one of those people who must define everything to fit in a little box?
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm(plus, people who describe themselves as 'spriritual' never are).
It's just a description that can apply to all kinds of characteristics and interests.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm I'm afraid I don't share your extremely high opinion of yourself.
Veggie... I'm afraid I don't share your negative, bitter, and contemptuous disposition. So what? We're each doing what feels natural for us.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm Getting back to the thread--the answer to that could well be, 'when women stop behaving like awestruck dipshits around males'.
Yes, that would help too.
At least I don't quack like a constipated duck.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:15 am At least I don't quack like a constipated duck.
:lol: Don't know who/what else you think you're hearing.
vegetariantaxidermy

Lacewing wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:26 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:15 am At least I don't quack like a constipated duck.
:lol: Don't know who/what else you think you're hearing.
'Quack quack...'
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:21 am 'Quack quack...'
Are you just going to stand around quacking and pretend it's someone else?

Don't read my posts if they bother you, Veggie.
Dachshund

Post by Dachshund »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:33 pm

Feeling "oneness" feels good. When I'm around people, I'm focused on their energy and spirit first and foremost. So maybe (in a way) I'm striving for all moments to be orgasmic with a sense of oneness.

I can tell all about Lacewing's sex-life just by reading a handful of her posts. The passage above is a case in point.

Lacewing, you tell me if I've got it right or wrong, OK ?

OK, so, Lacewing is into Tantric sex because she's a New Ager (a member of the New Age movement). There are lots of different kinds of New Age Americans with lots of different beliefs. The New Age movement emerged in the 1970s , and is focused on Eastern spirituality, mysticism, esotericism, religious metaphysics and so on; so it's all a bit WOO. Though if you want a WOO-free way experience what drives New Agers to be New Agers, just drop a 500 mcg tablet of LSD-25, some mescaline, peyote, or any other psychedelic drug and you'll soon get the picture.

New Age is a very mixed bag, an eclectic collection of different kinds of people with different spiritual (and mystical, etc.) beliefs, though it is possible to identify a core of fundamental doctrines that ground the movement, and the most primal tenet, I think, is Monism. Monism is the view that all things in the universe emanated from an original primal oneness.

To continue. Lacewing believes in a holistic form of divinity that imbues all of the universe and ourselves. It is - this divinity: an "Ocean of Oneness", a "Sacred Unity"; "One Essence", a "Primal Stream.". As for divinity, divinity is seen as consists of love, it is, in turn, a life-force whose essence is creativity and it is also a form of energy. Lacewing also believes that we are on the cusp of a wonderful new world order, namely, the (astrological) "Age of Aquarius", which amongst other things will bring an end to the brutal Western , male patriarchy that has oppressed, exploited and subjugated women for the past 2000 years. Harmony, Peace, Love, Enlightenment, Bliss, Understanding, Equality, Kindness, Agape, etc will also be hallmarks of the "Age of Aquarius."

Getting back to the issue of sex; In standard Western heterosexual sex what happens is an aroused male jumps onto his partner, insert his fine upstanding member into the "Holy of Holies", does the old in-out-in for a frantic 3 or 4 minutes, then ejaculates, rolls off, and falls asleep. It gives me pause for thought that he way animals like dogs and cats have sex is not very different at all. So, I would have to agree that conventional sex it is not the most spiritually uplifting of experiences, but its fun (while it lasts).

How Tantric sex works, in a nutshell ,is that you and your partner choose a lovemaking position from the Karma Sutra. The male then inserts his organ in his girlfriend's "snaggler", and, using various skills/techniques they learned from a Tantric sex instructor, prevent the male from ejaculating too soon. There is little physical body movement in Tantric sex, rather the emphasis is on an energetically-charged stillness. The upshot is that the couple are able to stay connected "as one", in a perfect divine communion and state of spiritual wholeness for several hours, or more if they like. With Tantric sex the end goal is not the male orgasm, it is about extending the time you are able to give and receive pleasure with your partner. The definition of Tantra is to weave, unify, entwine as one; this emphasis on wholeness and oneness perfectly complements the fundamental New Age belief in spiritual Monism. Sting, the former musician who played with the band "The Police",said he experiences many orgasms of bliss during 8 hour Tantric sex sessions with his current female partner.

So, that's what Lacewing does in terms of sex.

On a personal note, I've never tried Tantric sex myself (i.e. having sex without moving) but my girlfriend does it all the time. :D :D

I'm not really keen to try it either because, I mean, can you imaging someone as cool as Bruce Springsteen or Mick Jagger in his younger days) having Tantric sex ???

Regards

Dachshund (Der Uberweiner)
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dachshund wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:07 pm I can tell all about Lacewing's sex-life just by reading a handful of her posts.
No, you can't. You can only imagine what's fermenting in your own mind apparently.
Dachshund wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:07 pm Lacewing, you tell me if I've got it right or wrong, OK ?
You've got it wrong. It's fascinating to see what people come up with when they can't distinguish things beyond their delusional limitations.
Dachshund wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:07 pm OK, so, Lacewing is into Tantric sex because she's a New Ager (a member of the New Age movement).
Nope and nope.
Dachshund wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:07 pmLacewing believes in a holistic form of divinity that imbues all of the universe and ourselves. It is - this divinity: an "Ocean of Oneness", a "Sacred Unity"; "One Essence", a "Primal Stream."
You're a LITTLE warmer on this but still off because of all the distortions you add with so much of your contrived assumptions and noise. "Believe" is a really loaded word. I think more in terms of "experiencing". I experience connectedness and love and perfection. Have you ever? See how simple that is compared to your convoluted load of spew?
Dachshund wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:07 pmLacewing also believes that we are on the cusp of a wonderful new world order, namely, the (astrological) "Age of Aquarius"
No, I don't. I think we're going down!
Dachshund wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:07 pmGetting back to the issue of sex
Which you apparently are obsessed with fantasizing about, and you're using me as an excuse to express that on a public forum... (which is going to piss off Veggie and stir her from her web because she absolutely hates any "distasteful" or misspelled public displays of a suggestive or sexual nature)
Dachshund wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:07 pmHow Tantric sex works...

So, that's what Lacewing does in terms of sex.
No, it's not. And how fucking rude of you to make such a personal claim about me when you don't know me at all! Your level of arrogance and ignorance should be embarrassing for you...but I guess it's not because you're too arrogant and ignorant.
Dachshund wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:07 pmOn a personal note, I've never tried Tantric sex myself (i.e. having sex without moving) but my girlfriend does it all the time. :D :D
:lol: :lol:

Okay, that's funny.

Apparently your 10" limp circus hot dog wiener isn't very inspiring.
IvoryBlackBishop

Post by IvoryBlackBishop »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:56 am Real simple question: What solutions are available that allows a healing of the division between the sexes in our time? This is considering both sides saying "you are wrong" does not appear to work.

Should men and women just start by apologizing to eachother and say "These are chaotic times, neither of know what we are doing, how can we move past this?"

And saying "it will never happen" is not a solution, but rather a negation...so I don't want to here what "can't" be done...that is a cheap cop-out as it is despair driven. I am tired of hearing "no", as "no" is not an answer.
How much of this "division" to you believe is real, or a factor in day to day life, as opposed to sensationalist and hyperbolized issues in the media, trash TV shows like Jerry Springer, and so on?

My belief now is that some level of misunderstanding or "resentment" between the sexes has always been around in some form or another, without even bringing any trendy words like "feminism", "men's rights", or whatever into it; these seem to be a hot button issue for "clickbait" media to capitalize on and present a rather decadent and distorted perception of reality, in my opinion; some people will just be miserably married together, and ideally better off not marrying or having children at all; yet it requires more responsibility to get a driver's license than to marry and have kids, sadly.

None of the women I've been with in real life ever tended to "act" like these exaggerated portrayals in the media. Some of the women in my family had characteristics or personality traits which I found less than appealing or ideal, but I never stooped to becoming one of these nihilistic individuals whose identity breeds on sexual resentment or disaffectedneess, which I believe is a human trait not specific to any "sex" or "gender", and one easy to market to and capitalize on.