Homosexuality.

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Homosexuality.

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

xman wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:17 pm "Could you post a link to this 'homophobic hate-speech' on here that you are referring to?"
No. To do so would just invite more trollery, a skill at which you seem unusually adept. If you don't see it for yourself, I must conclude that you are incapable of recognising it when you see it, so why bother? Also, to do so would promote debate here on whether or not this or that phraseology is LGBT-phobic. The trolls would have a wonderful time, but it would be rather tedious for the rest of us. Perhaps the trolls here--look closely in the mirror, now--are the bears that Frederick the Great was alluding to. I don't poke bears with sharp sticks. It doesn't really work, and it would be cruel to dumb animals. This is the last and only time I will wallow with you in the mire of your discontent. I urge you to abandon it too.
:lol: :lol: :lol: So now a 'troll' is anyone who picks holes in your shallow assertions. And who the fuck thought up 'LGBT'? The clumsiest and most unmemorable and confusing acronym in the history of acronyms. And the icing? 'LBTGB (isn't there a 'Q' in there somewhere?) 'phobic', a brilliant new much-needed word for those who live in fear of women who fancy women, women who fancy men (and women), men who want to be women, women who want to be men, men who fancy men, men who fancy men and women, men who want to be women who fancy women, men who want to be women who fancy men, men who want to be women who fancy men and women.....
vegetariantaxidermy

davidm wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 pm
xman wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:17 pm "Could you post a link to this 'homophobic hate-speech' on here that you are referring to?"
No. To do so would just invite more trollery, a skill at which you seem unusually adept.
Here's a brilliant contribution on another thread, from the person to whom you just replied:
And the word is 'lose' you brain-washed illiterate yank murder-justifier. The self-proclaimed 'christian' who delights in sadistic murder. ('Killing is terrible, but when you gotta do it (when your cuntry needs someone else's resources) then by golly gee whizz, it's a hell of a lot of fun'). Shame a sniper didn't hit you in your big, soppy 'pacifier' yank mouth.
Nice, eh? Really makes intelligent people want to post here!
Intelligent people do post on here, you just aren't one of them. And that guy had just been talking about how enjoyable murdering people is when you can do something hilarious like shooting them in the arse and genitals. So take your PC 'sensitivity' and elephantine hypocrisy and shove it up your "Progressive'' yank arse.
xman

Post by xman »

DavidM, xman definitely WOULD like to help you. PM me with details. Did you catch the quote of you that completely missed your sarcasm? Funny, funny! Any way the crazies can be blocked?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

xman wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:02 am DavidM, xman definitely WOULD like to help you. PM me with details. Did you catch the quote of you that completely missed your sarcasm? Funny, funny! Any way the crazies can be blocked?
Why would he have to PM you as he put the link?

You can block those you think are crazy by using the foe or ignore function.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

davidm wrote:...
"Free speech" is a political concept, in the U.S. embodied in the First Amendment. But this place is not a government. This is a privately owned philosophy forum. It has no obligation to give a free platform (paid for by the owners of the site) to spew bigotry and bile, any more than I have an obligation to let some asshat into my home and sit idly by while he rants about "coloreds" and "trannies." Were I to invite someone into my home and he were to do that, I would kick his ass out. ...
But this isn't your home?

Not sure how it was over there but "coloureds" was the PC word of the time over here once.

Are you not being a bigot yourself, as you wish to shut-up people whose opinion differs from yours?
Now obviously the people who run this place don't see it that way, and that's fine -- except, very mysteriously, threads disappear without explanation, and the evolution thread was locked without explanation. So let's not let the people who run this site pretend they are devoted to unfettered free speech.
Did you read the mods post?
xman

Post by xman »

"So take your PC 'sensitivity' and elephantine hypocrisy and shove it up your "Progressive'' yank arse."
God, that hurt! Canadians are NOT Americans! We hate being taken for them. We look south with dismay. Tell me to shove my " PC 'sensitivity' and elephantine hypocrisy," all you want--it just reminds me of our old saying: "Shoving chicken feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken."
vegetariantaxidermy

xman wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:23 am "So take your PC 'sensitivity' and elephantine hypocrisy and shove it up your "Progressive'' yank arse."
God, that hurt! Canadians are NOT Americans! We hate being taken for them. We look south with dismay. Tell me to shove my " PC 'sensitivity' and elephantine hypocrisy," all you want--it just reminds me of our old saying: "Shoving chicken feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken."
The comment wasn't to you. :|
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Arising_uk wrote:
Not sure how it was over there but "coloureds" was the PC word of the time over here once
'Yes, and 'negro' remains the proper word for urbanised Africans , within the pages of some of my scholarly books wherein urbanised Africans are regarded with the respect given to all subjects of sociological research.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"Sometimes I just have to take my hat off to you Henry."

:shock:
davidm

Post by davidm »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:47 pm
davidm wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 pm
No. To do so would just invite more trollery, a skill at which you seem unusually adept.
Here's a brilliant contribution on another thread, from the person to whom you just replied:
And the word is 'lose' you brain-washed illiterate yank murder-justifier. The self-proclaimed 'christian' who delights in sadistic murder. ('Killing is terrible, but when you gotta do it (when your cuntry needs someone else's resources) then by golly gee whizz, it's a hell of a lot of fun'). Shame a sniper didn't hit you in your big, soppy 'pacifier' yank mouth.
Nice, eh? Really makes intelligent people want to post here!
Intelligent people do post on here, you just aren't one of them.
:lol:
And that guy had just been talking about how enjoyable murdering people is when you can do something hilarious like shooting them in the arse and genitals. So take your PC 'sensitivity' and elephantine hypocrisy and shove it up your "Progressive'' yank arse.
What does the above trash even mean? Why is this garbage allowed here?
davidm

Post by davidm »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:22 am
davidm wrote:...
"Free speech" is a political concept, in the U.S. embodied in the First Amendment. But this place is not a government. This is a privately owned philosophy forum. It has no obligation to give a free platform (paid for by the owners of the site) to spew bigotry and bile, any more than I have an obligation to let some asshat into my home and sit idly by while he rants about "coloreds" and "trannies." Were I to invite someone into my home and he were to do that, I would kick his ass out. ...
But this isn't your home?
Um ... no. :?
Are you not being a bigot yourself, as you wish to shut-up people whose opinion differs from yours?
No. :?
Did you read the mods post?
Yes. And?
davidm

Post by davidm »

xman wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:02 am DavidM, xman definitely WOULD like to help you. PM me with details. Did you catch the quote of you that completely missed your sarcasm? Funny, funny! Any way the crazies can be blocked?
Just register at the Galilean Library and make an introductory post of some kind and I'll respond and try to rally former posters to get involved again.
davidm

Post by davidm »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:22 am Are you not being a bigot yourself, as you wish to shut-up people whose opinion differs from yours?
So, the German government is "bigoted" by shutting up Nazis?
xman

Re: Homosexuality is a pejorative

Post by xman »

DavivM, I have somewhat anticipated you; I have signed on at the Galilean. Then I began awaiting their "evaluation." and the wait continues. Am I being paranoid? Do I radiate absolute evil? I hope not. I have twice sent them messages wondering about the delay--all is silent in the Galilean Library, for me at last.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

davidm wrote:Um ... no. :?
So why do you think you should shut people up in a public forum?
No. :?
But that's exactly what you wish to do?
Yes. And?
Then you got an answer to your question about why a thread was shut?