Homosexuality.

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: Homosexuality.

Post by Arising_uk »

gaffo wrote:...
2. India
Not sure this'll be the case as they have a serious drag on growing their economy in that they don't appear to be able to create a large 'middle-class' presumably due to their caste system. Compared to China they are lagging badly in this respect who are spreading the wealth somewhat whereas the Indians are hording it at the top.
gaffo

Re: Homosexuality.

Post by gaffo »

Arising_uk wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:36 pm
gaffo wrote:...
2. India
Not sure this'll be the case as they have a serious drag on growing their economy in that they don't appear to be able to create a large 'middle-class' presumably due to their caste system. Compared to China they are lagging badly in this respect who are spreading the wealth somewhat whereas the Indians are hording it at the top.
Hi FogghornLeghorn sir - wow, not banned for disparaging veg's eggs, after veg did the same WRT to my sad slack (Hey! maybe i'm not interested! or tired! /etc.............!! itty bitty willy.........lol). I more anal site would have banned me (like the philosophy forum did with one day! - lol).

I give credit due where credit is due and commend - i-mod, and a-mod (who I've conversed with here 2 months ago about the nature of a host (mods here) and his/her guest (you and me) (we agreed to dissagree on this matter (though of course I was and am right - I a guest, this forum is a house i as a stranger with flat tire stumbled upon, and "a-mod" is the tenent/owner of house, and so a host to me the guest).

-------now to your post WRT to india.

The Caste system is a cultural cornerstone in India - no different than the Feudal system in Europe 800-200 yrs ago (only more fixed/sanctioned/industrialized via reilgious hindism (my uniderstanding is that the mainline Hindu texts are not race/class segrigators (books like Rig Veda/ Bagivad Gita/ and Mahabarata (I've not read any of them - and being an american have no american cultural force to point me to read them (sadly - I have an interest and so via a lazy few hours if investigation have the cliffnotes of those works and now know about the concept of "The 7 incarnations of God" (8 if you decide to include Jesus if you are an Jewish Hindu I assume).

I don't support colonialism - but know my history and am no Politically correct (i.e. historically ignorant ninny) dipshit.

Colonization of India by brits : "bad" (BTW Portugese did the same 300 yrs earlier................burning all the Indian Christian works that "Apsotle Thomas (ya the doubting one) - who via tradition sailed to india and founded the first Indian Christian outpost in Kerala (where there was an earlier Jewish outpost in the same city - kerala being the center of the the pepper trade)...................however since the Portugese burned all the Holy books of the Thomas founded sect of christianiy................for whatever reason..................all is lost to history. guess they were not Christian enough (why or how so - since the books are now ash we as latter mortals will never know (nor did any "True Scotsman Portugueses write down all this "and why so and so (or they did and the records is now lost........................you get me.

I'm an Athiest BTW - not that it matters to me/you or God. just state to clearify I value the objective view - and reject subjectivity in all forms.

----------

I'm ranting and off the tracks...sorry.

back to point, Colonization of India by bully means via the British army -------later........via a slow process............(and thank God for Ghandi - a True "modern" Christ (as was mandala) - both had the moral right to demand blood for blood - instead acted highter.

basically, the Indian mindset is that of the "western mindest" (by this I mean MY Mindset ------------which is under attack for the last 30 yrs (I'm a Universal Humanist (HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE "PC" Identity politics!!!!!!!!!!!(which took over my Democratic Party here in the States by late 80's. their mentality = Bosnia/Ruwanda/Cambodia(70's Pol Pot).....................mine is more the boring "we all the same, so stop your BULLSHIT PLAYING THE VICTIM".................stll ranting.......................sorry...............

back.............to point.

India - to date still has the "old school" of Western Cultural mindset (i.e. PRE- Political Corectness (a true cancer to live and liberty and literally inhuman - yes I'm still stuck in the 70's idea of humanism) of the 70's. Universal Humanism (Caste mentality is much weakened by Brit coloniial rule and latter "Western Culture" influence of India via the 180 yr rule of........by Brits.

Ghandi (a great man!) also rejected the concept of the Caste system - and so today that whole social construct is damn near illelivent.

the most relivent for indians today is the same as for you me and Timbukto-ites...................the shrinking middle class (which you and I had, they of course never did --most all being poor/underclass................you get my point - trickldown is a joke. 1-percenters be that here in Norman or in Bangalore take and take.................and the rest fall out of the middleclass and end up in the underclass.

I do have much faith in India (her people's mindset overall is a product of Western mindset - yes due to represensible colonialization - but it is and that is a good thing (IMO - because I affirm Western Philosophy (Locke/etc............not this tribal PC shit of Identity politics - which is what Pakistan is and what India would be today had she not been illegally occupied by Britian for 180 yrs.

China remains a threat- not because she is a power, but because she lack the Western Mindset - for she was never occupied fully (yes the Japs did so for 20 yr "Rape of Nanking" - horrid racism by Japs wrt to chinese (Chinese have my full support in this - history is clear BTW "city of life and death" - if you like good movies (and have no problem with reading subtitles - rent it - top 10 movie of all time).

India has the "Western mindset" and I guess you think they will not become a power due to the caste? - I think they are well on the way to becoming a Superpower myself.

they launched that rocket into space 5 yrs ago (pissed off China - of course), bought all the old British Jaguars, which are now serving in the Indian Air Force, etc.....

they are doing well...................as long as they do not fall into the PC crap of Identity politics and value ideals of 40 yrs ago - we all same/humans. (i.e. as long as Indian Hindus to not kill Indian Muslims (and vise versa) - just for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they will do ok and help contain Chinese nationalism.

but of course "Stupid knows no color" - maybe India will collectively (like we Americans via Trump) play the "I'm a dumbshit Hindu Nationalist (Modi anyone?) before a Human..................

then expect nothing from India or her people.

except a Pakistan wannabee - loser nation, full of loser people with a lousy culture of death.

------------

you a Brit? Sir - just wondering.