Should women focus more on jobs or children?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3866
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Should women focus more on jobs or children?

Post by Harbal » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:39 pm

thedoc wrote: Don't worry, you'll know, I know that you are here, even though I have you on ignore.
Can I ask then, in what sense are you ignoring me?
Besides, isn't not knowing I'm there, very much like ignoring.
I don't think it would be as satisfying.

thedoc
Posts: 6394
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Should women focus more on jobs or children?

Post by thedoc » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:37 pm

Harbal wrote:
thedoc wrote: Don't worry, you'll know, I know that you are here, even though I have you on ignore.
Can I ask then, in what sense are you ignoring me?
All I see when I log in is this notice,

Harbal, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.

And I can click on the link if I want to read the post, otherwise that's all I see.

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3866
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Should women focus more on jobs or children?

Post by Harbal » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:07 am

thedoc wrote:
All I see when I log in is this notice,

Harbal, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.

And I can click on the link if I want to read the post, otherwise that's all I see.
So it's your ignore list that you're ignoring, rather than me.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6694
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Should women focus more on jobs or children?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:28 am

Harbal wrote:
thedoc wrote:
All I see when I log in is this notice,

Harbal, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.

And I can click on the link if I want to read the post, otherwise that's all I see.
So it's your ignore list that you're ignoring, rather than me.
:lol:

William6
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:45 am

Re: Should women focus more on jobs or children?

Post by William6 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:49 am

Nowadays,Women are capable of managing both.I believe balancing between work and kids isn't that hard.There are many successful women who became successful in both their career and family life.Susan Wojcicki, CEO of YouTube,gave birth to five children. Helena Morrissey, CEO of Newton Investment Management company in the UK, has nine children. Karen Finerman, CEO of Metropolitan Capital Advisors and a panelist on CNBC’s Fast Money, manages her two sets of twins in addition to her other responsibilities.Majority of women choose children over their career.I think it is the better option.Personally,I believe that they have to give more focus on children than their career which doesn't mean they have to give up their career. Employers are adopting family-friendly policies such as paid leave.Mothers are getting maternity benefits.So they are able to handle both together.

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: Should women focus more on jobs or children?

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:50 am

I think a woman should 'focus', on what she believe is the best way to provide for herself and the people she cares about. I certainly think that any good parent should think that their children are more 'important' than a job.
William6 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:49 am
Susan Wojcicki, CEO of YouTube,gave birth to five children
Ha, maybe not the best example with her infamy over the current state of youtube.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest