Sex bias

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ForCruxSake

Re: Sex bias

Post by ForCruxSake »

uwot wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:I took you to be an atheist. Once you hit the beer, there's a point beyond which It starts hitting you back!
The wonderful thing about beer is that a sufficient dose empowers you to believe anything.
That's a good line.

Clearly if the pubs had been shut, for a few days, in the run up to the referendum, Brexit may never have happened.
Maybe they should enshrine that in law: that pubs be closed, for a few days, in the run up to a major election, or vote, only reopening in the aftermath, when people need to commiserate. :)
Walker

Post by Walker »

uwot wrote:
Walker wrote:Ouzo is an adult beverage.

So I gather. Actually, you can pretty much map the Mediterranean by variations on the theme. Working clockwise from ouzo in Greece, you move to raki in Turkey, then it's pretty much arak from Lebanon to Morocco. I don't know what, or if there is a Spanish version. Hmm. Anyway, onto pastis in France, sambuca in Italy, mastika in Macedonia and back to ouzo. Lots of variations in between, but that's the general flavour and a bloody good way to spend an evening on the Med. Still, it's spring in London, with real ale festival going on. It has to be beer. Bottoms up.
Tell the truth now. Did you know that, or did you look it up?
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

Walker wrote:
uwot wrote:
Walker wrote:Ouzo is an adult beverage.

So I gather. Actually, you can pretty much map the Mediterranean by variations on the theme. Working clockwise from ouzo in Greece, you move to raki in Turkey, then it's pretty much arak from Lebanon to Morocco. I don't know what, or if there is a Spanish version. Hmm. Anyway, onto pastis in France, sambuca in Italy, mastika in Macedonia and back to ouzo. Lots of variations in between, but that's the general flavour and a bloody good way to spend an evening on the Med. Still, it's spring in London, with real ale festival going on. It has to be beer. Bottoms up.
Tell the truth now. Did you know that, or did you look it up?
If he'd looked it up, would he not have known the Spanish equivalent?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

uwot wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:I took you to be an atheist. Once you hit the beer, there's a point beyond which It starts hitting you back!
The wonderful thing about beer is that a sufficient dose empowers you to believe anything.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Well indeed. Even in this post PC world, it jars to be so vulgar, but as being self-righteous is counter-productive: I've never gone to bed with an ugly bird, but I've woken up with a few.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Walker wrote:You don’t? Why not? The man only defies all your pet paradigms.

No need to be resentful of reality because you can’t keep up.

They say honest Abe was a wrassler, but they never accused him of being wealthy.

Donald Trump bodyslams, beats and shaves Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania XXIII
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMKFIHRpe7I
Only a moron would think something so ridiculous is in any way worth posting!

Oh it's funny!

Funny that people actually waist their time with such a ridiculous theater topic.

I've never understood why people waist their time with such idiotic poorly acted buffoonery.

To me, anyone that attends or participates can only be seen as clowns, surely not to be taken seriously.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Check out these fun filled facts:

"According to Gallup's three-day rolling average poll, Trump's approval slid to 35 percent as of Tuesday, down from 36 percent on the previous day. His disapproval jumped to 59 percent from 56 percent in the same period.

Presidents dating as far back as Jimmy Carter all had approval ratings of 53 percent or higher at roughly the same point in their first terms, according to Gallup."

What did I say, mark my words, "He'll be remembered as the WORST president ever!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The guys a brain dead moron, just like all his cronies and supporters!
Walker

Post by Walker »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:Only a moron would think something so ridiculous is in any way worth posting!

Oh it's funny!

Funny that people actually waist their time with such a ridiculous theater topic.

I've never understood why people waist their time with such idiotic poorly acted buffoonery.

To me, anyone that attends or participates can only be seen as clowns, surely not to be taken seriously.
Would you say that you have a bias against rationality of thought and expression, and, would you say that you leap to let this bias shine?

Do you think that women have this bias?

If they do, do you think it is an aspect of physical sexuality?

Or, is there an aspect of feminine energy that dismisses rationality in thought and expression with a snap of the fingers. In fact, isn't it true that perception of the rational in/by these finger-snappers who were once whipper snappers, can actually give rise to an energy of animus?

Have you ever entertained this contemplation?

Office Space - What Would You Say You Do Here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Sle_o1bcs

:D
Walker

Post by Walker »

What conservatives really think of women, from the days when folks first began to holler about an overpopulated planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9qgEiciQJ0
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote:What conservatives really think of women, from the days when folks first began to holler about an overpopulated planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9qgEiciQJ0
It's so cute the way fascists have come up with 'soft and fuzzy' names for themselves. 'Conservatives'.'Progressives'.
As usual, your 'point' is obscure to say the least. The video clip is satirical? :roll:
Walker

Post by Walker »

VT wrote:The video clip is satirical? :roll:
This is a popular American TV show that illustrates American sensibilities, and sense of humor. Study these videos and you will learn much. Many questions answered, many falsehoods dispelled. Happiness for you.

Family Guy: Women in the 50s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxM8gCw_H0k
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote:
This is a popular American TV show that illustrates American sensibilities, and sense of humor. Study these videos and you will learn much. Many questions answered, many falsehoods dispelled. Happiness for you.

You understand sarcasm? And I do know what Family Guy is. It's a cartoon. (Very) mildly satirical. I rather like it (except when they do musical numbers). I really don't see your point in posting clips of it here. And why do you think everyone wants to learn about the yank psyche? Is everyone over there completely self-absorbed? It's sort of impossible not to know more than anyone wants to know about it.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Walker wrote:

You understand sarcasm? And I do know what Family Guy is. It's a cartoon. (Very) mildly satirical. I rather like it (except when they do musical numbers). I really don't see your point in posting clips of it here. And why do you think everyone wants to learn about the yank psyche? Is everyone over there completely self-absorbed? It's sort of impossible not to know more than anyone wants to know about it.
VT wrote:I really don't see your point in posting clips of it here.
Well if you must know, the clip depicts sex bias.

The thread is about sex bias.

Need I continue?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Why is this being posted?
Because. This is a thread about sex bias in particular, and bias in general.

Could It Be Time To Deny White Men The Franchise?
- The Huff Po

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/shelley ... a-homepage
“Some of the biggest blows to the progressive cause in the past year have often been due to the votes of white men. If white men were not allowed to vote, it is unlikely that the United Kingdom would be leaving the European Union, it is unlikely that Donald Trump would now be the President of the United States, and it is unlikely that the Democratic Alliance would now be governing four of South Africa's biggest cities.

“If white men no longer had the vote, the progressive cause would be strengthened. It would not be necessary to deny white men indefinitely – the denial of the vote to white men for 20 years (just less than a generation) would go some way to seeing a decline in the influence of reactionary and neo-liberal ideology in the world. The influence of reckless white males were one of the primary reasons that led to the Great Recession which began in 2008. This would also strike a blow against toxic white masculinity, one that is long needed.”
Uhhh gee. What do you think she means by, progressive cause?

Progress?

:P
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Walker wrote: This is a popular American TV show that illustrates American sensibilities, and sense of humor. Study these videos and you will learn much. Many questions answered, many falsehoods dispelled. Happiness for you.

VT wrote:I really don't see your point in posting clips of it here.
Well if you must know, the clip depicts sex bias.

The thread is about sex bias.

Need I continue?
This is the meaningless nonsense you wrote to go with the link:
''What conservatives really think of women, from the days when folks first began to holler about an overpopulated planet.''
You are the one who insists on writing nonsensical gibberish. You could learn a lot from Family Guy. Seth Myers really knows how to write.