Can women be perverted towards men?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Can women be perverted towards men?

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Based on experience, I would say the answer is a definite yes. I've had women hit on me, talk dirty, try to get me aroused, etc. Yet it's the men who have that reputation and I've heard it said that women don't act that way and it's men that are aggressive.

What are your thoughts?

PhilX
Dalek Prime

Re: Can women be perverted towards men?

Post by Dalek Prime »

How is sexuality perverse? I hate the misuse of the term.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

It's a puzzling term. I'd never use perverted ever.
I do not regard taking dirty as perverted.
It seems to me that perverted used by the sexually repressed, to describe sexual practices that they personally find uncomfortable or embarrassing. And the term most commonly seems to have derived from the Victorian age where sexual practice was highly prescribed. In this social framework, homosexuality and masturbation were considered perverse.
Well... I beg to differ.

One simply has to ask from what "perfect act" has it become perverted from?
Philosophy Explorer

Dalek Prime wrote:How is sexuality perverse? I hate the misuse of the term.
First you say you don't understand it. Then you say it's being misused. I think you've hit the problem on the head.

When women act out of character (i.e. abnormally), that's a definite sign of being perverted. I think others will have more to say on this.

PhilX
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

It's only out of character to a society that expects women to be non-sexual. It's natural when society does not interfere, and expect them to behave as 'ladies'. Thus, its only perverse to society, not nature.
Philosophy Explorer

Dalek Prime wrote:It's only out of character to a society that expects women to be non-sexual. It's natural when society does not interfere, and expect them to behave as 'ladies'. Thus, its only perverse to society, not nature.
So what is the nature of women?

PhilX
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

I don't know what the true nature of a woman is. I've never met one raised outside of society and its expectations.
Philosophy Explorer

Dalek Prime wrote:I don't know what the true nature of a woman is. I've never met one raised outside of society and its expectations.
Counting women as being part of society (aren't they?) and not knowing what their true nature is, then how do they know whether they're meeting society's expectations? What standard can they go by to know whether their behavior is perverted?

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I get the feeling you only wanted to let everyone know how 'irresistible you are, beating all those 'dirty-talking' women off with a stick. :roll:
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:I don't know what the true nature of a woman is. I've never met one raised outside of society and its expectations.
Counting women as being part of society (aren't they?) and not knowing what their true nature is, then how do they know whether they're meeting society's expectations? What standard can they go by to know whether their behavior is perverted?

PhilX
Do you know when you are meeting society's expectations? Do you know your own nature?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I get the feeling you only wanted to let everyone know how 'irresistible you are, beating all those 'dirty-talking' women off with a stick. :roll:
I have to say that crossed my mind too.
LOL
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

I want to know where I can find these 'aggressive' women. :wink:
Philosophy Explorer

Dalek Prime wrote:

PhilX
Do you know when you are meeting society's expectations? Do you know your own nature?
You're making my point.

PhilX
Philosophy Explorer

Dalek Prime wrote:I want to know where I can find these 'aggressive' women. :wink:
You don't find them. They find you.

PhilX
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dalek Prime wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Counting women as being part of society (aren't they?) and not knowing what their true nature is, then how do they know whether they're meeting society's expectations? What standard can they go by to know whether their behavior is perverted?

PhilX
You're making my point.

PhilX
A person asking two questions is not making any point. You can't avoid those questions by pretending to agree with a position that is not being taken.
Try again.