Is whistling wrong?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Is whistling wrong?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Man is a heavy word, if you can't understand that, it means you don't know what "heavy" means. Heavy implies emotionally loaded, and full of cultural implications. Boys are not "men". But of course this opinion is alien to you, since this is not a philosophy board, it is just a dictionary definitions, run of the mill opinions, and run of the mill traditions board.

I don't know why you think I'm a yank. Is it because I know obvious facts about their culture that everyone in the world should know? I've never said anything positive about America, and I've never said anything positive about Britain. There are other places where people speak English besides America and Britian. And living in a certain country doesn't define anyone's intelligence level either, what an ape way to think.
Indeed, there are English speaking people in the world other than yanks and brits. Why 'should' everyone know about yank 'culture'? Yanks don't appear to know anything much about the rest of the world, except that it consists of non-yanks (inferior creatures). You indicated to me that you were a yank by some warmongering comment you made, I forget what. I've found that yanks are the biggest warmongers around the internet. Then there is the 'spelling and grammar'. I don't deny that I'm an ape, so if you think that's an insult to me, think again. How the hell is the word 'man' emotionally loaded, full of 'cultural implications'? You talk so much pretentious twaddle it's unbearable.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Man is a heavy word, if you can't understand that, it means you don't know what "heavy" means. Heavy implies emotionally loaded, and full of cultural implications. Boys are not "men". But of course this opinion is alien to you, since this is not a philosophy board, it is just a dictionary definitions, run of the mill opinions, and run of the mill traditions board.

I don't know why you think I'm a yank. Is it because I know obvious facts about their culture that everyone in the world should know? I've never said anything positive about America, and I've never said anything positive about Britain. There are other places where people speak English besides America and Britian. And living in a certain country doesn't define anyone's intelligence level either, what an ape way to think.
Indeed, there are English speaking people in the world other than yanks and brits. Why 'should' everyone know about yank 'culture'? Yanks don't appear to know anything much about the rest of the world, except that it consists of non-yanks (inferior creatures). You indicated to me that you were a yank by some warmongering comment you made, I forget what. I've found that yanks are the biggest warmongers around the internet. Then there is the 'spelling and grammar'. I don't deny that I'm an ape, so if you think that's an insult to me, think again. How the hell is the word 'man' emotionally loaded, full of 'cultural implications'? You talk so much pretentious twaddle it's unbearable.
I'll tell you how, it's quite obvious. I already did though. A boy becomes a man. He-man. That's a man. She is one of the men. He is a real man. Man oh man. It's is a man's job, not a boy's job. He is a man among men. Man-up. Strong-man. He is a teenage boy, not a man. Once you go through puberty, you become a man. A man has responsibility to his family. A family man. Man of the house. That is a young baby, someday they will become a man. Start acting like a man, not a sissy. When are you going to man-up? He is the best man in town. He is the best-man of the wedding. That man is no man at all. He is the fastest man in the basketball court. I see you are a man about town. I crave a man, a real man, not one of these shleebs. Get lost, man.

Never said anything warmongering. I said the "pain of peace" which is a concept I'm not sure you understand. I also mentioned that there's no need for war, since videogames are the current outlet for human violent behavoir.

Also its foolish to assume that all "yanks" have similar attitudes. Even the hardcores are beginning to despise their own country. It's also foolish not to research their culture before making blanket statements about them. Not that their culture really has any value, but if you're going to insult them, do it right. Furthermore, the word "yanks" is possibly one the most stupid pretentious words I've ever heard. So you can shove it up the one of two holes that's left with your head being buried in the sand and all.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:

I'll tell you how, it's quite obvious. I already did though. A boy becomes a man. He-man. That's a man. She is one of the men. He is a real man. Man oh man. It's is a man's job, not a boy's job. He is a man among men. Man-up. Strong-man. He is a teenage boy, not a man. Once you go through puberty, you become a man. A man has responsibility to his family. A family man. Man of the house. That is a young baby, someday they will become a man. Start acting like a man, not a sissy. When are you going to man-up? He is the best man in town. He is the best-man of the wedding. That man is no man at all. He is the fastest man in the basketball court. I see you are a man about town. I crave a man, a real man, not one of these shleebs. Get lost, man.

Never said anything warmongering. I said the "pain of peace" which is a concept I'm not sure you understand. I also mentioned that there's no need for war, since videogames are the current outlet for human violent behavoir.

Also its foolish to assume that all "yanks" have similar attitudes. Even the hardcores are beginning to despise their own country. It's also foolish not to research their culture before making blanket statements about them. Not that their culture really has any value, but if you're going to insult them, do it right. Furthermore, the word "yanks" is possibly one the most stupid pretentious words I've ever heard. So you can shove it up the one of two holes that's left with your head being buried in the sand and all.
Not at all. It rhymes with 'wanks' which is quite appropriate.
You could do the same thing with most words. Thank fuck for dictionaries.