On a beautiful bright though blistering-hot sunny day ...

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

FrankGSterleJr

On a beautiful bright though blistering-hot sunny day ...

Post by FrankGSterleJr »

I just read a disturbing news story about ten kittens from two separate litters being found taped shut in a cardboard box and left behind a Greater Vancouver area garbage bin on a sweltering sunny July 3rd. They’d not have lasted another hour, for great lack of necessities of life, including fresh air.
I find that I can't help but deride the inhumane side of collective humanity that may consciously and/or subconsciously feel, Oh, there’s a lot more from where they came …
As for their misperceived worthlessness as pets by many people, cats can be very pleasant if they receive enough genuine affection, including verbal attention. Besides physical contact, such includes frequent talks to them (judging from my cat’s behavior, they can appreciate an enthusiastic talking to).
As with dogs, one pretty much gets what he or she puts into the pet cat.
Bill Wiltrack

Re: On a beautiful bright though blistering-hot sunny day ..

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: On a beautiful bright though blistering-hot sunny day ..

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Shame the same can't be done to the pschopathic shit-head who did it.
Cats are the perfect pet. I don't know why people think there has to be some sort of competition between cats and dogs. Personally, I like a pet to be my friend. I'm not egotistical enough to want to be worshipped, which is what dogs do. Some men think it's more 'macho' to like dogs. I say if anyone is that unsure of his masculinity then he's suspect anyway. Cats are even clever enough to bypass their natural killer instincts to please their human friend.