Has she got it right?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

reasonvemotion

Has she got it right?

Post by reasonvemotion »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZy_w_H6 ... ture=share

So its all down to sex and submission. Right?

Cant talk at the moment, my mouth is full.

I love the guy. He is amazed by it and speaking in a subdued voice, so what isn't happening in his life. LOL
Gee

Re: Has she got it right?

Post by Gee »

But you seem to type well enough.

Gee
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Humour aside.

Here is a young woman, in the midst of rampant feminism, managing to retain her womanhood. Society has so distorted the true natures of men and women to the extent that if a woman publicly advocates her sexuality in such a way as is relayed in this video, people are aghast, men are in disbelief.

Has she got it right, Gee? You never did answer that one.
Gee

Post by Gee »

Reasonvemotion;

For the situation that she has in mind, she may very well have it right. It is my guess that she has seen too many women, who take the position that they are entitled to a man's affection and devotion, but do not know how to return it--or do not feel the need to return it. So she is giving them hell about it.

But this is not always the case. There are men, who would treat a woman with that attitude as a goddess and be devoted to her, but there are others, who would take advantage of that kind of attitude. There are even men, who would assume that a woman's desire to please them in that way means that she is a whore and not worthy of their devotion or even respect. They would simply use her.

She said that she had been in a relationship for seven years? I do not think that she mentioned marriage or children.

Relationships between men and women are way too complicated to say that someone "has is right". And relationships grow and change; they are like live things that are in constant flux. There are different needs, cultures, expectations, responsibilities, circumstances, and these things change as people age, so there is no "one" solution. Relationships are personal, so they are as personal as the people in the relationship.

Gee
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Gee wrote:
For the situation that she has in mind, she may very well have it right. It is my guess that she has seen too many women, who take the position that they are entitled to a man's affection and devotion, but do not know how to return it--or do not feel the need to return it. So she is giving them hell about it.

Agree

But this is not always the case. There are men, who would treat a woman with that attitude as a goddess and be devoted to her, but there are others, who would take advantage of that kind of attitude.

Agree

There are even men, who would assume that a woman's desire to please them in that way means that she is a whore and not worthy of their devotion or even respect. They would simply use her.

Agree

She said that she had been in a relationship for seven years? I do not think that she mentioned marriage or children.

That caught my attention too.

Relationships between men and women are way too complicated to say that someone "has is right". And relationships grow and change; they are like live things that are in constant flux. There are different needs, cultures, expectations, responsibilities, circumstances, and these things change as people age, so there is no "one" solution. Relationships are personal, so they are as personal as the people in the relationship.
Agree on all counts.

Gee you surprise me with your liberal attitude, I was expecting Catholicism to rear its ugly head
Gee

Post by Gee »

reasonvemotion wrote: Gee you surprise me with your liberal attitude, I was expecting Catholicism to rear its ugly head
Is my attitude liberal? I am not sure as I have never found any box that I can fit my beliefs into, so you may yet discover that I am not really all that liberal.

I first decided to read the Bible at the age of 15. My reading comprehension was very good, and at eight years old I had already learned that authority sometimes lies. So it would be unreasonable and probably offensive to Catholics to call me a Catholic. And I have no wish to offend any religion.

Gee
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Liberal in the sense you are open to new opinions.
Bernard

Post by Bernard »

Gotta admit, its fascinating, and the guy...

But there seems to be either fight or flight in regard the gender issue: you run wildly in the woods like an animal or stay on the battlefield, curiously the latter option seems the more preservative of the person. I mean, that young woman has opened all her doors and windows, and that frightens me for her. Is it a form of grieving for her departed to escape into licentious land? She appears to have already escaped together with him into that whilst he was still alive - licentiousness here meaning a sort of desert amid real love - but here she is very public about it which can have very difficult ramifications for her, like a death wish almost. Does she appreciate restraint? Or the difference between serving and losing personal boundaries for the sake of the other person?
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Does she appreciate restraint? Or the difference between serving and losing personal boundaries for the sake of the other person?
You are right. She has virtually left nothing for herself, except the physical presence of the man. She is "grateful" he has returned to be with her each night after cavorting with others. That is not enough, is it, either for the woman or the man. Total submission, by one person only, is losing not gaining. On the other hand, her femininity is touching, yet could well derive humour from some males, who would prefer a fight rather than a feast with a woman.
Bernard

Post by Bernard »

Yeh, user fininity like a fragrant chamber that is too often heavily sealed and its difficult to judge anyone who decides to dynamite the seal, but by gee it must be hard job putting it back together when dangerous intruders start inevitably to show up. Balance needs to be achieved. I heard an interesting description of balance as a thing that is not a static equilibrium but a flux, a living process that requires constant attention.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Even though I understand her sincere intentions, your insight into what she naively offers, cannot ever be taken back, but more importantly each time she gives, without discretion, she destroys something in herself. I remember I saw a movie called Last Exit to Brooklyn. It portrays how men can descend into depravity rapidly, when restraint is removed. As you described the dangers of promiscuity, it is depicted horrifically in this movie, as a woman plunges into a rampage of self destruction. Even though a considerable amount of time has passed since I saw this movie, I still recall the horror and the beauty of it, but despite this, it still manages to retain compassion.

Has she got it right? No.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »