Since Women Were "Liberated"

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: Since Women Were "Liberated"

Post by Iwannaplato »

Harbal wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:53 pm If he ever said anything worth hearing it might be worth the extra work, but he never does.
Well, that's a different issue. I had an exchange with him that was delightfully frustration. He told me he was just telling me facts and I had introduced bias into the discussion. I did, of course, have opinions, and one of them it turned out was they he had opinions also and had expressed them. So, we jousted for a while, him thinking I had the onus to show he had written something that was not just facts. Finally, despite thinking it was so obvious, I justified my position. Silence. But hey, I think his asking people to ask questions if they don't understand was a decent idea.
Philosphicalous

Re: Since Women Were "Liberated"

Post by Philosphicalous »

simplicity wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:05 pm Happiness aside [as this is a matter of maintaining personal balance], let's take a look at where we stand as a society some 100 years after women have been on the liberation warpath. After all, isn't the true measure of society's success defined as how we are doing as a group? Is it not the case that empowered individuals foster empowered communities which make up society as a whole? Or should we allow the success of the very few to blind us into believing skewed data that fails to distinguish between mean and median?

While individual women have certainly been afforded greater opportunity in nearly every aspect of Western life, the result of this social transformation has been utter disaster for the group. The bedrock of any society [the nuclear family] has been devastated by divorce, absentee mothers, disappeared fathers, technology, a host of metal health disorders, and other factors that have rendered this institution a mere phantasm of its former self. Contributing to this precipitous decline has been an egregious lack of support from other institutions, particularly Education.

So what have we gained [as a society] from the liberation of women?
Women were ushered out of the home, and babies into childcare then sent to work for the purpose of being taxed and destroy the family. That’s bondage not liberation.