What the phuck is Gender Philosophy?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Phil8659

Re: What the phuck is Gender Philosophy?

Post by Phil8659 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:17 pm Of course it's all just PC bullshit. People are born one or the other. After that, normal people don't go around thinking about it. I 'might' 'feel like' a woman. I wouldn't know, because I don't know what other women 'feel like'. If I don't know what it 'feels like' to be some other woman then how the fuck could a man know?
I was watching some PC crap on Netflix and apparently all it takes to make a woman into a man is getting a short haircut. Gee. I've been a man all this time and didn't even know it :lol:
Very nicely said. Thank you.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:17 pm Of course it's all just PC bullshit. People are born one or the other. After that, normal people don't go around thinking about it. I 'might' 'feel like' a woman. I wouldn't know, because I don't know what other women 'feel like'. If I don't know what it 'feels like' to be some other woman then how the fuck could a man know?
I was watching some PC crap on Netflix and apparently all it takes to make a woman into a man is getting a short haircut. Gee. I've been a man all this time and didn't even know it :lol:
I don't think about it either, but that doesn't mean we should just dismiss a bunch of people telling us that it is something they think about, feel pain and anguish about, have suicidal ideation about because of the disparity that they feel. Different people face different kinds of problems.

Reducing real peoples' pain to "PC bullshit" is just unnecessarily dismissive. There's a lot of things that some people have to think about that we don't have to think about. It doesn't take much to simply respect that some people do have to worry about things that we take for granted. We should be kind when we can and consider points of view that might not have occurred to us on our own.

That doesn't mean we must accept every point of view. But simply dismissing them by arguing it doesn't matter to us isn't the way to go about it either, IMO.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Astro Cat wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:20 am
I don't think about it either, but that doesn't mean we should just dismiss a bunch of people telling us that it is something they think about, feel pain and anguish about, have suicidal ideation about because of the disparity that they feel. Different people face different kinds of problems.

Reducing real peoples' pain to "PC bullshit" is just unnecessarily dismissive. There's a lot of things that some people have to think about that we don't have to think about. It doesn't take much to simply respect that some people do have to worry about things that we take for granted. We should be kind when we can and consider points of view that might not have occurred to us on our own.

That doesn't mean we must accept every point of view. But simply dismissing them by arguing it doesn't matter to us isn't the way to go about it either, IMO.
Treating nutters as normal, or attention-seeking 'celebrities' as the 'new norm', isn't helpful to anyone. We all have our problems.
When a big, butch male tells me he's a woman just because he likes wearing dresses and going to women's toilets, then I'm going to tell him to go fuck himself. Or am I not allowed to do that?? And who is 'us' exactly? Do I have something in common with you that I'm not aware of? Some sort of 'cosmic link'?
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:40 am
Treating nutters as normal, or attention-seeking 'celebrities' as the 'new norm', isn't helpful to anyone. We all have our problems.
When a big, butch male tells me he's a woman just because he likes wearing dresses and going to women's toilets, then I'm going to tell him to go fuck himself. Or am I not allowed to do that?? And who is 'us' exactly? Do I have something in common with you that I'm not aware of? Some sort of 'cosmic link'?
General "we" and "us," not implying a connection. E.g. "we should be kind," as in all of us.

In any case, I hadn't said anything about celebrities, and trans women entering bathrooms are just there to use the bathroom as far as I've ever seen. I've hung out at my share of gay bars and I've seen trans women in the bathroom at various levels of passing and have never been bothered. I don't know what the big deal is.
vegetariantaxidermy

Astro Cat wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:49 am
General "we" and "us," not implying a connection. E.g. "we should be kind," as in all of us.

In any case, I hadn't said anything about celebrities, and trans women entering bathrooms are just there to use the bathroom as far as I've ever seen. I've hung out at my share of gay bars and I've seen trans women in the bathroom at various levels of passing and have never been bothered. I don't know what the big deal is.
I am kind. I just can't stand being fed bullshit or told what to 'think'. I've never met a genuinely kind wokie, ever. In fact they are always kunts. Phony, shallow kunts. Wokies are the same people who would have been throwing rocks at gays when it was fashionable to do so.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:52 am
I am kind. I've never met a genuinely kind wokie, ever. In fact they are always kunts. Phony, shallow kunts. Wokies are the same people who would have been throwing rocks at gays when it was fashionable to do so.
I'm not sure what a wokie is, I get the impression that it's someone that is "woke," but then I guess it depends on what that means. I'm pretty far left of center, definitely progressive, would probably be called "woke" by some. Still kind though.
vegetariantaxidermy

Astro Cat wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:59 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:52 am
I am kind. I've never met a genuinely kind wokie, ever. In fact they are always kunts. Phony, shallow kunts. Wokies are the same people who would have been throwing rocks at gays when it was fashionable to do so.
I'm not sure what a wokie is, I get the impression that it's someone that is "woke," but then I guess it depends on what that means. I'm pretty far left of center, definitely progressive, would probably be called "woke" by some. Still kind though.
Perhaps I should just say 'wankers' then. Most people know what a wanker is, and most people also know what a phony is. And a hypocrite. Someone has to be at least two to qualify. I don't change politically with fashion. Even as a young child I found it bizarre that it would be illegal to be homosexual (gay wasn't commonly used back then) when no one else gave shit. So where were all the 'kind wokies' in those days?
I have a sibling who was the worst bully imaginable. Made the rest of our lives a complete misery. In fact a sadistic psychopath. Now they are about as woke as it's possible to be. Rants about 'bullies' on the internet too. Guilt? I doubt it somehow. So what is it that motivates these tossers?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:05 pm Now, I am having a nervous breakdown. Do I buy maxi-pads for my books, or condoms? I am so confused!

The situation is just so embarrassing, I thought philosophy addressed one end of the body, but now I find I should not have been looking up, but trying to search out someone's crotch.

Which end do I talk to?
What are you so scared of? Is your own relationship with your sexuality and gender so frail as to be challenged by others expressing their own?
vegetariantaxidermy

Speak of the devil...
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:53 am
Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:05 pm Now, I am having a nervous breakdown. Do I buy maxi-pads for my books, or condoms? I am so confused!

The situation is just so embarrassing, I thought philosophy addressed one end of the body, but now I find I should not have been looking up, but trying to search out someone's crotch.

Which end do I talk to?
What are you so scared of? Is your own relationship with your sexuality and gender so frail as to be challenged by others expressing their own?
You might be right, after all, having been married four times and accumulating, I cannot even recall how many grandchildren and great grandchildren, I am terrified of my pecker!

I am however very fortunate, my cat has a degree in psychology and, since she was spayed, she is impartial and gives me good advice.

Apparently, you do not understand people with very high I.Q.'s They end up either impotent, or satyrs. I am someone other husbands have actually brought their wives to me as some women do not know even how to climax.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Phil8659 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:07 am You might be right, after all, having been married four times and accumulating, I cannot even recall how many grandchildren and great grandchildren, I am terrified of my pecker!

I am however very fortunate, my cat has a degree in psychology and, since she was spayed, she is impartial and gives me good advice.

Apparently, you do not understand people with very high I.Q.'s They end up either impotent, or satyrs. I am someone other husbands have actually brought their wives to me as some women do not know even how to climax.
Interesting. Obviously you are a horribly broken old man now, bleating paranoid nonsense about Google oppressing you; bloviating asinine gibberish about mysticism and geometry; and most sadly of all trying to impress people with one constantly recycled joke about a hairdryer.

The fact that you threw in some totally believable boast about your high IQ earning you nights of sexual ecstacy with the wives of your humiliated peers is mainly disturbing because yet again you are hoping somebody is dumb enough to be intrigued and ask you your IQ.

Did you get through 8 decades in that condition, or is it something that only occurred recently as you started to spiral the drain?
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:38 am
Phil8659 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:07 am You might be right, after all, having been married four times and accumulating, I cannot even recall how many grandchildren and great grandchildren, I am terrified of my pecker!

Interesting. Obviously you are a horribly broken old man now, bleating paranoid nonsense about Google oppressing you; bloviating asinine gibberish about mysticism and geometry; and most sadly of all trying to impress people with one constantly recycled joke about a hairdryer.

The fact that you threw in some totally believable boast about your high IQ earning you nights of sexual ecstacy with the wives of your humiliated peers is mainly disturbing because yet again you are hoping somebody is dumb enough to be intrigued and ask you your IQ.

Did you get through 8 decades in that condition, or is it something that only occurred recently as you started to spiral the drain?
LAMO, you do realize, you just informed everyone that you cannot even count generations. You are soo funny.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:47 am Perhaps I should just say 'wankers' then. Most people know what a wanker is, and most people also know what a phony is. And a hypocrite. Someone has to be at least two to qualify. I don't change politically with fashion. Even as a young child I found it bizarre that it would be illegal to be homosexual (gay wasn't commonly used back then) when no one else gave shit. So where were all the 'kind wokies' in those days?
I have a sibling who was the worst bully imaginable. Made the rest of our lives a complete misery. In fact a sadistic psychopath. Now they are about as woke as it's possible to be. Rants about 'bullies' on the internet too. Guilt? I doubt it somehow. So what is it that motivates these tossers?
LMAO I genuinely love the way you post. Yeah, I've wondered the same about homosexual rights myself (among politicians at least, it wasn't fashionable to support -- until it was!) I'm actually a gay woman myself. In the US, it was weird to watch (and tentatively celebrate) marriage equality happen, now it's equally weird to see it potentially under threat by our hyperconservative Supreme Court.

Also I know the type (with the second example, the virtue signaler), can't stand hypocrites like that.

So, I guess I know the type you're talking about after all.

Post by Age »

Astro Cat wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:49 am
Again, who and/or what, exactly, does the 'us' word refer to here?
Astro Cat wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:49 am In any case, I hadn't said anything about celebrities, and trans women entering bathrooms are just there to use the bathroom as far as I've ever seen. I've hung out at my share of gay bars and I've seen trans women in the bathroom at various levels of passing and have never been bothered. I don't know what the big deal is.
vegetariantaxidermy

Astro Cat wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:00 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:47 am Perhaps I should just say 'wankers' then. Most people know what a wanker is, and most people also know what a phony is. And a hypocrite. Someone has to be at least two to qualify. I don't change politically with fashion. Even as a young child I found it bizarre that it was be illegal to be homosexual (gay wasn't commonly used back then) when no one else gave a shit about them getting arrested and put in prison. So where were all the 'kind wokies' in those days?
LMAO I genuinely love the way you post. Yeah, I've wondered the same about homosexual rights myself (among politicians at least, it wasn't fashionable to support -- until it was!) I'm actually a gay woman myself. In the US, it was weird to watch (and tentatively celebrate) marriage equality happen, now it's equally weird to see it potentially under threat by our hyperconservative Supreme Court.

Also I know the type (with the second example, the virtue signaler), can't stand hypocrites like that.

So, I guess I know the type you're talking about after all.
Damn, I forgot that one. 'Virtue-signaller'. Such a perfect description of the type.