Since Women Were "Liberated"

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Phil8659

Re: Since Women Were "Liberated"

Post by Phil8659 »

I say that a person is mentally ill who claims, as you do, to be a scientist, yet demonstrate you cannot even understand English grammar.
Plato would call you a pretender. Let us test it.
Now I have told you at least once, how you can better understand my words, and see for yourself my ability with pattern recognition and ability to even construct a whole system of analog grammar no other has been able to do.
Now a scientist, a lover of knowledge, would have gotten off their lazy ass and did the research, yet you did not. That is not the behavior of a scientist at all, but a pretender.

Does any scientist actually admit that they respond to their suspicions or do they rely on fact? You made the blatant admission. You insulted what you claimed to be.

A real scientist, in the face of a superior mind, is not reduced to name calling, but asks and answers questions to help them learn, that is not you.

By the methods you argue by, and your own statements, you value appearance, the imagine esthetic, not the reality of anything, not even your own gender.

By your own admissions, by biological fact, you are mentally handicapped, you cannot even recognize it.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Phil8659 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:21 am I say that a person is mentally ill who claims, as you do, to be a scientist, yet demonstrate you cannot even understand English grammar.
Plato would call you a pretender. Let us test it.
Now I have told you at least once, how you can better understand my words, and see for yourself my ability with pattern recognition and ability to even construct a whole system of analog grammar no other has been able to do.
Now a scientist, a lover of knowledge, would have gotten off their lazy ass and did the research, yet you did not. That is not the behavior of a scientist at all, but a pretender.

Does any scientist actually admit that they respond to their suspicions or do they rely on fact? You made the blatant admission. You insulted what you claimed to be.

A real scientist, in the face of a superior mind, is not reduced to name calling, but asks and answers questions to help them learn, that is not you.

By the methods you argue by, and your own statements, you value appearance, the imagine esthetic, not the reality of anything, not even your own gender.

By your own admissions, by biological fact, you are mentally handicapped, you cannot even recognize it.
Phil8659 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:16 am
Astro Cat wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:11 am I've come to suspect a mental illness, which I'm highly empathetic over; but that's difficult when you're also just positively mean about it.
I gladly take that challenge.
Now, in case you do not know,

How does a computer process all information?

How many parts of speech does it use to produce everything it does?
If I asked for a recipe to make a delicious pasta would you start talking about recursion and grammar?

What I'm saying is that you consider gender issues beneath you, but for some of us it's a reality we have to deal with. As a woman in the hard sciences, it's something I have to deal with a lot.

If the topic is women's lib, the topic should be about just that: not some arcane abstractions that you want to talk about. This is what I'm saying.

If you want to talk about "binary recursion" and grammar, make a topic for it. You've come to the gender section and talked about nothing BUT those things. But that's not what the topic is. It's genuinely rude, what you're doing.

How you've treated me in every response is even more rude.

Now I'm not opposed to a relational reset and starting over. I'm a friendly gal. Just understand where people are coming from sometimes rather than getting caught up in your own thing.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

AC,

Phil is an autist: you're wastin' your time.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:22 am AC,

Fair enough. I just have no "off" button, lmao. There's a thread somewhere else where I've said no less than 3 times I'm leaving the thread but then someone says something and there I am responding again. ^_^
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Astro Cat wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:29 am

Fair enough. I just have no "off" button, lmao. There's a thread somewhere else where I've said no less than 3 times I'm leaving the thread but then someone says something and there I am responding again. ^_^
A lot of us here, includin' me, suffer from that. Last word-itus, mebbe.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

LAMO,
Okay genius, I am a Vietnam Veteran, who like a few of us, received extensive education in Denver Co. and who were given security clearances to work on classified equipment. Where, in the history of our government do they even allow autistic people to serve, much less in sensitive areas of the military. What do you smoke?

Obviously, you too are just another wanna-bee role playing and are too stupid to do the research.

AC is obvious, dodges answers, because they do not even know expressions they should, you are obvious too. You are just a waster of other people's time also.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

simplicity wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:05 pm Happiness aside [as this is a matter of maintaining personal balance], let's take a look at where we stand as a society some 100 years after women have been on the liberation warpath. After all, isn't the true measure of society's success defined as how we are doing as a group? Is it not the case that empowered individuals foster empowered communities which make up society as a whole? Or should we allow the success of the very few to blind us into believing skewed data that fails to distinguish between mean and median?

While individual women have certainly been afforded greater opportunity in nearly every aspect of Western life, the result of this social transformation has been utter disaster for the group. The bedrock of any society [the nuclear family] has been devastated by divorce, absentee mothers, disappeared fathers, technology, a host of metal health disorders, and other factors that have rendered this institution a mere phantasm of its former self. Contributing to this precipitous decline has been an egregious lack of support from other institutions, particularly Education.

So what have we gained [as a society] from the liberation of women?
First you'd need to show that the problems you see are caused by the liberation of women. It's as if nothing else changed in society.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:34 am
simplicity wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:05 pm Happiness aside [as this is a matter of maintaining personal balance], let's take a look at where we stand as a society some 100 years after women have been on the liberation warpath. After all, isn't the true measure of society's success defined as how we are doing as a group? Is it not the case that empowered individuals foster empowered communities which make up society as a whole? Or should we allow the success of the very few to blind us into believing skewed data that fails to distinguish between mean and median?

While individual women have certainly been afforded greater opportunity in nearly every aspect of Western life, the result of this social transformation has been utter disaster for the group. The bedrock of any society [the nuclear family] has been devastated by divorce, absentee mothers, disappeared fathers, technology, a host of metal health disorders, and other factors that have rendered this institution a mere phantasm of its former self. Contributing to this precipitous decline has been an egregious lack of support from other institutions, particularly Education.

So what have we gained [as a society] from the liberation of women?
First you'd need to show that the problems you see are caused by the liberation of women. It's as if nothing else changed in society.
Perhaps you should explain it to Simple, how it would be wholly impossible to pose such gibberish in the face of the real social change, technology and how it has made psychological changes almost impossible to track other than mankind as a whole, has gotten apparently to be more savage in their personal social interactions.
It was once said that religion was the opiate of the masses, Marx, it can now be said that it is technology.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Phil8659 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:05 am AC is obvious, dodges answers, because they do not even know expressions they should, you are obvious too. You are just a waster of other people's time also.
"Dodges answers" -- to nebulous, off-topic questions, maybe. I have no idea what you mean about not knowing "expressions" I should. Yeesh, I even offered a relationship reset and you're still just going to go the belligerent route. There's just no pleasing some people.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Phil8659 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:53 am It was once said that religion was the opiate of the masses, Marx, it can now be said that it is technology.
I agree and said something similar in another thread. And of course pure distraction. Who needs religion when you have social media?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Obviously, you too are just another wanna-bee role playing and are too stupid to do the research.
And, obviously, you're just another autistic schmo: bright as all get out, but totally retarded in the art of the back & forth.

You waded into this place thinkin' you were gonna make a big splash with your vasty theories, expectin', demandin', awe and respect from the local yokels, and -- gosh, darn it! -- you just don't get why the locals find you off-puttin'.

An old, old expression you really need to consider (if your autist's brain is up for it): you draw more flies with honey than vinegar.

As for your biography, your lil résumé: you understand that's meaningless here, yeah? None of it is verifiable and, even if it were, no one cares.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:19 pm
And, obviously, you're just another autistic schmo: bright as all get out, but totally retarded in the art of the back & forth.

You waded into this place thinkin' you were gonna make a big splash with your vasty theories, expectin', demandin', awe and respect from the local yokels, and -- gosh, darn it! -- you just don't get why the locals find you off-puttin'.

An old, old expression you really need to consider (if your autist's brain is up for it): you draw more flies with honey than vinegar.

As for your biography, your lil résumé: you understand that's meaningless here, yeah? None of it is verifiable and, even if it were, no one cares.
He's got the grandiosity and the accompanying compulsive bragging problem that just seems more like Bob the Baptist than any of our current collection of autists if you ask me.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:58 am

He's got the grandiosity and the accompanying compulsive bragging problem that just seems more like Bob the Baptist than any of our current collection of autists if you ask me.
I don't have a clean recollection of Bob, so I can't comment on the comparison. As for Phil: he may not be an autist but there's sumthin' goin' on under his hood.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:04 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:58 am

I don't have a clean recollection of Bob, so I can't comment on the comparison. As for Phil: he may not be an autist but there's sumthin' goin' on under his hood.
I liked Bob, he was proper nuts. God spoke through him, all of which had something to do with a card game called Ouzo, and you knew every day that he was just going to call you a motherfucker at some point. Simple pleasures in simple times.

But yeah, this Phil45574674 is super fucked up.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I liked Bob, he was proper nuts. God spoke through him, all of which had something to do with a card game called Ouzo, and you knew every day that he was just going to call you a motherfucker at some point. Simple pleasures in simple times.

But yeah, this Phil45574674 is super fucked up.
I remember a little about Ouzo. I'm gonna do a forum search and bone up on Bob.

And: yeah, Phil is a real bozo.