Who do we think we are?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Who do we think we are?

Post by Walker »

Of course, Mouncey is Australian, so that may be the local custom down under, so to speak.

Don't know, don't need to find out.
Walker

Post by Walker »

American Humour
Skepdick wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:29 pm
Walker wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:27 pm For example, if some 6’3” aggressive transvestite gets his too-tight panties in a wad and jacks you up against a wall with a forearm to your throat for calling him a man or a bruiser, it would be entirely appropriate for one to see the bigger picture and attempt to avoid personal physical damage, and if calling him a beautiful woman would accomplish that, or complimenting his dress, shoes and nails would accomplish that, then such a view of reality would be appropriate … unless one has a more promising alternative.
Grab her butt and tell her she's fuckable. See if that works out.
Based on your area of interest, enjoy ...

American Humour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDzEb28mjcI
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:46 am Man 'feels' that he is a woman, therefore 'he' is a woman.
Woman 'feels' that she is a man, therefore 'she' is a 'he'.
Woman 'feels' as if she is black, therefore she is black.
Woman wants to be Spanish, says she 'identifies' as Spanish, therefore she is Spanish.
Oh Hilaria, you couldn't have chosen a more appropriate name...

Gender envy, ethnic envy--sorted.

It's a whole new world we live in these days. Not the same as it was 20 or more years ago. Many of us grew up in an age when such things were frowned upon. So we learned to frown upon them also. 20 years down the road, things will probably be even more different.

I guess, in the end, as long as everyone gets a chance at happiness, whether it be with the opposite sex or the same sex or in being the opposite sex, then things are good.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:17 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:46 am Man 'feels' that he is a woman, therefore 'he' is a woman.
Woman wants to be Spanish, says she 'identifies' as Spanish, therefore she is Spanish.

It's a whole new world we live in these days. Not the same as it was 20 or more years ago. Many of us grew up in an age when such things were frowned upon. So we learned to frown upon them also. 20 years down the road, things will probably be even more different.

I guess, in the end, as long as everyone gets a chance at happiness, whether it be with the opposite sex or the same sex or in being the opposite sex, then things are good.
So delusion, fraud and lies are ok as long they make a person 'happy'. Lies and delusion have repercussions beyond the delusional ones. I don't think you have thought this through very deeply.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:19 pm I don't think you have thought this through very deeply.
Perhaps not. Just don't want to be the "bad guy" making other people feel unaccepted, I guess.

I found out today that a guy I knew in high school who used to dress like Boy George passed away. He had a difficult time in school growing up but he was apparently happy in his final days. I probably gave him a few qualms myself back then. But I sort of feel badly now. I don't know.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

I get it.

I don't even consider myself to be a human. Rather I am a conscious entity experiencing what it is like to be a human.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Advaita Vedanta
“I Am … not the body.”

Trannyism, black identity, white identity, etc.
“I Am … the body.”

Sri Ramana Maharshi
“You are the body also, but not this body exclusively.”
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:17 pm It's a whole new world we live in these days. Not the same as it was 20 or more years ago. Many of us grew up in an age when such things were frowned upon. So we learned to frown upon them also. 20 years down the road, things will probably be even more different.

The Kinks

Lola
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LemG0cvc4oU

The Poison Apple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg1iPFKCwkU

The Philosophy
At any particular moment when each atom in the universe exists in a particular configuration of molecules, it must exist as such. It can be nothing other at that moment, although with everything going on in the universe, it can definitely be another way in another moment.

This truth extends from the micro to the macro. What is the significance?

It’s a long-winded way of saying:

Because God made him, he must have a place in the world.
ReverendGrandmother

Post by ReverendGrandmother »

I was talking to an elderly black woman recently about this. She apparently got her grandson's underpants in a bunch when she said that white people trying to pass as black does not pick her wallet, break her leg, or prevent her from voting, so she is not going to lose any sleep over it.

Young people get worked up so easily these days.

Cheers,
Grandma
BeatriceMom

Post by BeatriceMom »

ReverendGrandmother wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:05 pm I was talking to an elderly black woman recently about this. She apparently got her grandson's underpants in a bunch when she said that white people trying to pass as black does not pick her wallet, break her leg, or prevent her from voting, so she is not going to lose any sleep over it.

Cheers,
Grandma
With age, people acquire wisdom that allows them to look at things much easier and without unnecessary emotions. Unfortunately, not all people become wise enough to realize such things.
vegetariantaxidermy

ReverendGrandmother wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:05 pm I was talking to an elderly black woman recently about this. She apparently got her grandson's underpants in a bunch when she said that white people trying to pass as black does not pick her wallet, break her leg, or prevent her from voting, so she is not going to lose any sleep over it.

Cheers,
Grandma
Pointless, shallow comment. Science matters. The truth matters. Repercussions other than 'your wallet' or 'your legs' matter (and it may well hit her in the wallet in ways she hasn't thought of).

And be careful how you describe a person. It may well be illegal one day to call a person 'black' or 'elderly' so it could come back to bite you in the arse :lol:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:33 pm
Walker wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:04 pm This is cause to either laugh or throw up in the mask.

Unbelievable': House Democrat's opening prayer ends with 'amen and a-woman
https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/04/de ... nd-a-woman

That actually tops the obnoxiousness of Congressmen addressing women representatives as, "The gentlewoman from ___," which is done to be PC equitable with the word, "gentleman."
What a pathetic fool. And he doesn't even say 'Amen', he says 'Aman'. Exactly what point is the idiot trying to make? The word 'Amen' has nothing to do with the word 'man', making his loony attempt to be 'inoffensive' even more offensive.
Maybe it's one of those US accent things, like 'horror is stated as whore, and poor ol' Harry is considered 'Hairy'
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:19 pm

So delusion, fraud and lies are ok as long they make a person 'happy'. Lies and delusion have repercussions beyond the delusional ones. I don't think you have thought this through very deeply.
That someone "identifies as" whatever isn't a lie or fraud insofar as its telling you something about how they think or feel. It would rather be a lie for them to not tell you this, to not express it. It would only be dishonest if they were claiming some objective fact that weren't the case, like saying that they were born with a different set of genitalia, or different genetics, or that they achieved some objective status they didn't achieve, etc.
vegetariantaxidermy

Terrapin Station wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:38 pm

That someone "identifies as" whatever isn't a lie or fraud insofar as its telling you something about how they think or feel. It would rather be a lie for them to not tell you this, to not express it. It would only be dishonest if they were claiming some objective fact that weren't the case, like saying that they were born with a different set of genitalia, or different genetics, or that they achieved some objective status they didn't achieve, etc.
American bullshit.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:19 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:38 pm

American bullshit.
Not sure what you see as bullshit there or why you think it's uniquely American, but okay.