~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 10983
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Arising_uk » Wed May 16, 2018 3:28 pm

Dontaskme wrote:You're interpretation of what I choose to discuss and the context in which I choose to express it is totally off the mark, …
Explain how?
But hey ho, it's my personal direct experience I'm talking about here, and it's clear that my direct experience is something you yourself do not resonate with, so what can I do about that. I'm simply describing it here. …
And I am just putting my direct experience to you.
The intelligent consciousness that Bill and I operate from understands that criticizing other peoples direct experiences is just a silly occupation of the under developed un-evolved petty mind that loves to play games/ Quite frankly, we are no longer interested in such trifling activity. …
Critique is not criticising and if you don't understand this then you, like Bill, should not be on a philosophy forum.
Conscious evolution is about real philosophy, one that is now rising above the old boys network mind-set. That old school mentality has long been shed in this one here. …
But it still appears to hold unfounded prejudices eh!

What is this 'old boys network mind-set' that you talk about?

What 'old school' are you talking about? It can't be Philosophy as I doubt you've bothered to read anything that Western Philosophy has said over the past centuries.

It's not a fact, it's a belief, the truth is, you have never known death. You would have to be there in death itself to know you have died, this is impossible since that would require two of you, one to be dead, and the other to witness that death. …
Exactly, you are dead and there is no witness anymore but we can notice death, have you never been with a dead thing then?
Death is one of the biggest lies you have ever fallen for hook line and sinker. …
So you don't believe you will die? What do you think will happen to you after you are dead then?
I mean non-existence means existence, for existence can never not be existence can it? but what meaning does any concept have without relating it is to something else? Non-existence is existence, full stop, just as Non-duality is duality, just as Non-violence is violence. …
All contradictions so always false. Non-existence means not in existence, not not in existence but existing elsewhere in a 'non-existence'.
Existence IS..but there is no 'thing' existing.That's what I mean.
If 'Existence IS' then it is a thing and as such there is a thing existing?
I don't know, I've never died. …
Okay, tell me what you think has happened to the dead things you have encountered?

The only psychological need going on in this discussion if your insistence to feel superior in the presence of the enlightened masters. …
Well not that difficult if you and Bill are examples of 'enlightened masters' but I'm really not trying to be superior I'm just asking you questions about what you say as for all I know you might actually, like the Buddha, have some techniques that would be useful.
You project your feelings onto others, like the time you accused me of not liking myself. …
I apologise for that, I took umbrage at being told I would be nothing.
And again here where you make the false presumption that I have psychological needs..so forgive me while I return these false accusations back to the sender.. no one wants your unwanted feelings thanks, and you have absolutely no proof, or any way of knowing if your projections are the experiences of the others.. this is all the work of ego, where the ego feels the need to feel superior for fear of losing face...I don't know if I am making myself clear... …
I based my opinion upon what you have said about your life and the feelings that led you to believe what you do.
I have repeated many times on this forum that all my knowledge of consciousness aka the self is expressed from my own personal ''direct experience'' and that I have chosen to think a little bit differently than say that of the ordinary conditioned man. …
Such arrogance?

Can you describe the techniques or methods you have used to have these 'direct experiences'?
I choose to live and express myself from a Nondual context, as I am experiencing it. Just because it does not fit with your own particular model of what constitutes the philosopher's stone of philosophy doesn't make you right and I'm wrong, we are both right, because we are both expressing ourselves from our own unique ''direct experiences'' of how we see reality. I just happen to have been gifted with the brain capacity to be able to turn metal into gold. (metaphorically speaking) ..I don't expect you to understand what I mean by that, that's my personal pearl of wisdom that life has evolved in me as I experience it directly. …
And yet your language appears replete with 'I', 'you', 'both', 'personal', etc, etc?
I have never died, so I would't have a clue mate. …
So when you see dead things what do you think has happened to them?
Bye the way, your typically programmed responses are just endless worn out clichés born out of the desperation of your ever increasing frustration to understand the Nondual context in which I choose to express myself. …
'I', 'your'?
Any more questions? I have all the answers at my disposal, that's why I personally have stopped asking myself questions. But I'm here to be of service to others out of the unconditional love I have for myself and others.
'I', 'myself', 'others'?

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 3944
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Dontaskme » Wed May 16, 2018 4:04 pm

Arising_uk wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:03 pm
The general understanding is its when a body ceases to function but obviously there is no knowing by a dead body as it is dead.
Bodies don't know anything, because bodies have no concept of whether they are alive or dead. These words are conceptual ideas of the mind which is an aspect of the mind body dualism that is the perceiver conceiving what it is perceiving. So what is known is knowledge. And what is known is inseparable from the knower that cannot be known for it is the knowing. Therefore, Knowledge informs illusory reality.

Who knows knowledge? ''I do'' says mind nearly every time. That mental construction that says ''I do'' is born out of the Silence that is already life functioning without the knowledge of that functioning. The mind and body being the sacred marriage of polarities functioning together as one unitary action. One without a second.

Life functions without the knowledge that it is functioning as proved during sleep where there is no knowledge of that functioning present.

Therefore, knowledge is an illusion informing the illusory nature of a knower. The knowledge creates the illusion of a knower, because both the knower and known are one in the same moment namely, now. This moment is unborn wholeness undivided, within which the mind is it's conception, aka the mental construction...aka illusory other, aka knowledge.

.

The rest of your replies are just repeated questions going over the same things I've already answered. I'm not interested in barking dogs going round in endless circles unable to catch their tails.

.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 3944
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Dontaskme » Wed May 16, 2018 4:31 pm

Arising_uk wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:28 pm
Can you describe the techniques or methods you have used to have these 'direct experiences'?
No.

There is no technique or method needED to achieve what you already ARE.

This is not something to get. It's only to be realised that there is nothing to get. This has already got you. Also, one simply cannot access another persons experience. Why, because that would require one to have two selves, their own self and the other persons self.

It's not arrogance you fool, you really do not pay any attention do you, no problem, you have already declared you have not studied nonduality. So there is nothing I can do about that.

.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 10983
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Arising_uk » Wed May 16, 2018 6:55 pm

Dontaskme wrote:Bodies don't know anything, because bodies have no concept of whether they are alive or dead. …
How strange, as this body appears to know it is alive. The problem you have is that despite all your guff you are a dualist.
These words are conceptual ideas of the mind which is an aspect of the mind body dualism that is the perceiver conceiving what it is perceiving. So what is known is knowledge. And what is known is inseparable from the knower that cannot be known for it is the knowing. Therefore, Knowledge informs illusory reality. …
Because you are a dualist you are unable to comprehend that the 'mind' is an aspect of this body not a separate entity from it, although there are two types of 'mind' so to speak, the one constructed from the body's perceptions and memory and the other from language and the inner voice, which are you talking about?


You keep talking about illusory reality, what do you mean by this and how do you know it is as it may well be an emulation that the body produces of the world via its senses.
Who knows knowledge? ''I do'' says mind nearly every time. That mental construction that says ''I do'' is born out of the Silence that is already life functioning without the knowledge of that functioning. The mind and body being the sacred marriage of polarities functioning together as one unitary action. One without a second. …
Still not hearing what this 'mind' is of yours?

You know whenever people capitalise words you can pretty much guarantee that they mean nothing.

Living things that don't think in language still function with knowledge based upon experience else they'd be eaten pretty quickly
Life functions without the knowledge that it is functioning as proved during sleep where there is no knowledge of that functioning present. …
Living things function whilst sleeping because they are bodies and whilst asleep full consciousness is not required but a low-level consciousness is always active hence one wakes up to a loud noise.
Therefore, knowledge is an illusion informing the illusory nature of a knower. The knowledge creates the illusion of a knower, because both the knower and known are one in the same moment namely, now. This moment is unborn wholeness undivided, within which the mind is it's conception, aka the mental construction...aka illusory other, aka knowledge.
Sounds lovely but is basically word salad.
The rest of your replies are just repeated questions going over the same things I've already answered. I'm not interested in barking dogs going round in endless circles unable to catch their tails.
Best you change your metaphysic then.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 10983
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Arising_uk » Wed May 16, 2018 7:02 pm

Dontaskme wrote:No.

There is no technique or method needED to achieve what you already ARE. …
And yet even Buddha managed to supply some? You're more enlightened than Buddha? Wow!
This is not something to get. It's only to be realised that there is nothing to get. This has already got you. Also, one simply cannot access another persons experience. Why, because that would require one to have two selves, their own self and the other persons self. …
Actually no, one can just ask them, that's the point of language. Although I think you are confusing yourself as you've stated that there are no others we are all oneself so I have no idea why you say what you do?
It's not arrogance you fool, you really do not pay any attention do you, no problem, you have already declared you have not studied nonduality. …
Calling others 'ordinary conditioned man' and oneself an 'enlightened master' is the height of arrogance.

Who said I have not studied such things? Although personally I think of it as practicing not studying but I just don't know if what I practiced is what you can't describe.
So there is nothing I can do about that.
So spaketh all gnus.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 3944
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Dontaskme » Thu May 17, 2018 7:23 am

Arising_uk wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:02 pm
Calling others 'ordinary conditioned man' and oneself an 'enlightened master' is the height of arrogance.
Yes I suppose it is to someone who is sensitive to labels. .obviously the conditioned man is going to have a preference for certain words, negative words are repelled, but man has no problem bagging himself a very positive word. The ordinary man who believes in his conceptual conditioning.. is in chains, when in truth the conditioned man is actually free from the shackles he places upon himself in every moment ...he is already the Buddha. We're all Buddhas. There is only Buddha here.

A conditioned man is reactive and defensive. A free man is not, a man that is free of concepts will appear arrogant to a man who believes concepts are real, and that one day he will die. That's just part of the dynamic of mental activity, the mind of conceptual belief.

But it doesn't matter what I seem to say to you, you will always find a way to smash my ideas to pieces because that's the sort of personality you are, that's what you like to do...because surprise!!! were all arrogant sloths at the end of the day. You enjoy conflict, it's your nature. Your demeanor is not a good vibe to me, it's heavy, dull, and mean. So forgive me if I appear arrogant, but that's the vibe you give off.
Arising_uk wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:02 pm
Who said I have not studied such things? Although personally I think of it as practicing not studying but I just don't know if what I practiced is what you can't describe.
I can describe it, but if you believe I can't then that's your conditioned belief, not mine, and why are you even in a discussion with me again if to you, I can't describe what I am describing...what is your motive to make such comments like that, or do you enjoy smashing other peoples ideas down? not that I really care, it just seems an odd thing to do, to be in conversation with someone who's choice of topic is of no interest to you, which is obviously so.

But great, and good for you, you've looked at nonduality, but it's not a practice, you do not have to practice being ON. You are THIS..
Arising_uk wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:02 pm
So spaketh all gnus.
The only guru is the empty space of awareness here right now ..this unchanging presence in which all appearances come and go. It doesn't have a name, shape or form. .but takes on the name shape and form of every appearance that it is aware of.

.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 3944
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Dontaskme » Thu May 17, 2018 7:43 am

Arising_uk wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:02 pm
Dontaskme wrote:No.

There is no technique or method needED to achieve what you already ARE. …
And yet even Buddha managed to supply some? You're more enlightened than Buddha? Wow!
You really are clueless ...honestly Arising, the Buddha is not a person, there is no person, a person is a concept, Buddha is the empty space in which the concept appears. I don't know if you are ever going to understand this...this may just be a little too simple for you. Obviously one needs a thorn to dig out another thorn, but to know Buddha nature one then has to throw both thorns away.

But maybe you already know that but you just like being a wind up merchant...and the reason I say that is because that's how your personality comes across to this one here, but like you I am stubborn and will continue to argue with you instead of just walking away from the closed mind you are, talking to you is about as stimulating as watching paint dry.

Arising_uk wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:02 pm
so I have no idea why you say what you do?
Because you are clueless as to what I am talking about...but you are not alone ...the world is just not ready to hear Nonduality... (fact)

.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 3944
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Dontaskme » Thu May 17, 2018 8:04 am

Arising_uk wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:02 pm
Actually no, one can just ask them, that's the point of language. Although I think you are confusing yourself as you've stated that there are no others we are all oneself so I have no idea why you say what you do?
One cannot get inside another persons experience...because there is no other except the conceptual idea...which is a projection of consciousness itself.

The consciousness that is you is the same consciousness that is someone else..how many times do you want me to repeat that to you...did you forget again?

I can describe my experience of what it feels like to be alive using words, but that is not the actual experience is it? The word water is not the actual water is it...water is not anything at all, it only becomes water when the label is attached.
Being alive is not an experience, only knowledge makes it so, therefore knowledge is illusory since life is not dependent on knowledge to be.

I'm not confused, you are ...and that's the limitation of trying to describe the ineffable experience of being alive using language.

Direct experience is the only Real SELF..not what language says it is. Direct experience is real, language is an artificial representational overlay upon reality as it really /actually is as it presents itself without overlaying language on top of it. Language is a description, a way of consciousness communicating with itself...it's same self that is everywhere experiencing itself as diversity...many of the one.

There is no one living life, and so there is no one to die..these ideas are conceptual knowledge, aka illusions...how many more times?

.

To remove ignorance, knowledge is necessary, but finally both must dissolve into Reality. Your Self is without ignorance, without knowledge.

.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 3944
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Dontaskme » Thu May 17, 2018 8:25 am

Arising_uk wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:55 pm
How strange, as this body appears to know it is alive.
To me, the body is a thing known...and things to me don't know any thing.

To me, the body is my arm, or my leg, or my finger etc..etc..does the actual finger know it's alive?

Do you see the dilemma? ..do you not see that knowledge is a conceptual overlay upon what is actually reality that is not-knowing?

To remove ignorance, knowledge is necessary, but finally both must dissolve into Reality. Your Self is without ignorance, without knowledge.

.

Consciousness is perceiving what it is conceiving ..it is the subject perceiving the subject.

It cannot experience itself as the conception because it is unborn...the concept is the illusion, not consciousness.

.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 3944
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: ~ Philosophically, You Are Going to be Sooooo Screwed ~

Post by Dontaskme » Thu May 17, 2018 11:46 am

Arising_uk wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:28 pm
'I', 'myself', 'others'?
Yes, appearances are deceptive, all appearances are sourced in and of the same ONE place which is here now...now never moves, and it never changes...now is this (awareness presence)that always is.

We are in fact ''that'' which is aware of the illusory world composed of the ''I-thought'', subject, object, self, other. When utterance of others are expressed, notwithstanding the convincing sense of a ''separate-self'', the individual body-mind character we believe ourselves to be is dualistic. Meaning, I am subject to myself while also being object to you. And you are subject to yourself while simultaneously being object to me.The fact is, for many folks, ''that which can't be seen or touched'' holds no interest whatsoever and seems a little woo-woo. Erasing all words from the illusory world of mental constructs aka the ( I, me, my, mine, you, yours, we, ours etc.. and notice what remains. Awareness without identity ..the present moment.

Is this too simple for you?


Arising_uk wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:28 pm
So you don't believe you will die? What do you think will happen to you after you are dead then?
Does the present moment die, is it born?...Nah! ...yesterday is a thought appearing now the present moment, next week is a thought appearing now the present moment. The present moment is all there is, it does not move, only the mind moves...So it seems where attention goes, there goes the sense of I, wittingly or unwittingly. So mind thinks I am attention and attention is me. But attention is not limited to this bodymind action-form.



The you is the ever present moment, it never dies because it was never born..only the illusory world of thought is born. Only the mind is born not you.

But if you want to believe you die then that is your direct experience, but it's not mine.



.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest