The Natural-Logical Law of Conduct

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

prof

The Natural-Logical Law of Conduct

Post by prof »

People love a bargain ! That means they love to shop for value. Why not then aim to maximize the value in your life. One sure way of doing this is to add value to every situation in which you find yourself. Among the three basic values, Intrinsic Value (InV) =df.= [that value richest in properties, having a nondenumerable number of them] is the highest. I employ the term here in R. S. Hartman's sense, NOT in Dewey's sense.

So if we go in the direction of intrinsic value we will have a life full of love - for that's what InV means (both by definition, and by observation): it means getting involved, expressing love at every opportunity, being creative, enthusiastic, cheerful, serene, at one with all, peaceful, loving, tender, humble, empathic, compassionate, etc. Why settle for anything less??

Once we do that what would be the result?

We then would not "dis" a person: we wouldn't put him down, but instead would look for some common ground, some way to find a shared need we both have - and build on that. So any abuse or violation of an individual is an evil act, an immoral act.

Also let us keep in mind the Ethical perspective, which is:
Regard every individual as of unlimited high value.

So think about it…. once we do that what kind of a world would we live in??

I would ask folks if they concur with this statement:

We would then 'do no harm'; would not indulge in genderism, rankism, racism, ageism, sexism nor any other form of abuse or indifference.

Furthermore, out of respect for ourselves we would immunize ourselves against personal corruption. We would focus more on our long-term benefit and would not be as likely to succumb to short-term temptations. We would want to form life-affirming habits.

We would want to make the world work for everyone.
We would extend a hand of friendship. We would live in harmony. Nurturing our planet is basic to our own survival and is one way to upgrade and add value to the quality of our lives. Also we would want to be kind, and to be of service. What helps you helps me; what helps me helps you. We all do better if we ALL do better.

Live ethically, and help others find their happiness.
It is natural. And it is logical.
tbieter

Re: The Natural-Logical Law of Conduct

Post by tbieter »

prof wrote:People love a bargain ! That means they love to shop for value. Why not then aim to maximize the value in your life. One sure way of doing this is to add value to every situation in which you find yourself. Among the three basic values, Intrinsic Value (InV) =df.= [that value richest in properties, having a nondenumerable number of them] is the highest. I employ the term here in R. S. Hartman's sense, NOT in Dewey's sense.

So if we go in the direction of intrinsic value we will have a life full of love - for that's what InV means (both by definition, and by observation): it means getting involved, expressing love at every opportunity, being creative, enthusiastic, cheerful, serene, at one with all, peaceful, loving, tender, humble, empathic, compassionate, etc. Why settle for anything less??

Once we do that what would be the result?

We then would not "dis" a person: we wouldn't put him down, but instead would look for some common ground, some way to find a shared need we both have - and build on that. So any abuse or violation of an individual is an evil act, an immoral act.

Also let us keep in mind the Ethical perspective, which is:
Regard every individual as of unlimited high value.

So think about it…. once we do that what kind of a world would we live in??

I would ask folks if they concur with this statement:

We would then 'do no harm'; would not indulge in genderism, rankism, racism, ageism, sexism nor any other form of abuse or indifference.

Furthermore, out of respect for ourselves we would immunize ourselves against personal corruption. We would focus more on our long-term benefit and would not be as likely to succumb to short-term temptations. We would want to form life-affirming habits.

We would want to make the world work for everyone.
We would extend a hand of friendship. We would live in harmony. Nurturing our planet is basic to our own survival and is one way to upgrade and add value to the quality of our lives. Also we would want to be kind, and to be of service. What helps you helps me; what helps me helps you. We all do better if we ALL do better.

Live ethically, and help others find their happiness.
It is natural. And it is logical.
Platitudes
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

I concur prof :) .

"An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will" - Wiccan Rede
prof

Post by prof »

Thanks, Lynn.

All constructive support is most welcome.

Spread the word.....

Teach it to your students. If each one teaches two, who knows how many learn about it.