trans-whatever

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Advocate

trans-whatever

Post by Advocate »

We need to study transsexuals as a precursor to understanding transhumans. Get ready. It's coming.
henry quirk

Re: trans-whatever

Post by henry quirk »

Advocate wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:07 am We need to study transsexuals as a precursor to understanding transhumans. Get ready. It's coming.
I'm thinkin' mockin' 'em is sufficient.
Walker

Post by Walker »

trans-
prefix
Definition of trans- (Entry 3 of 3)
1: on or to the other side of : across

"trans-whatever"

A transsexual is not “on the other side” of their sexual identity. Rather, one so pre-occupied with identity of the body, is enslaved by sexual identity, not beyond it, not across it, not on the other side of it. Thus, the preoccupation with being special.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:41 pm
I don't actually agree with that, henry, but it made me laugh, so you are still my numero uno PN poster. :)
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Harbal wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:11 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:41 pm
I don't actually agree with that, henry, but it made me laugh, so you are still my numero uno PN poster. :)
If you say so... 🤔
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Walker wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:10 pm ...one so pre-occupied with identity of the body, is enslaved by sexual identity, not beyond it, not across it, not on the other side of it...
Quite right. And the same could be said for anybody whose so-called "identity" is wholly focused on nothing but their particular sexual proclivities, as if they were inevitably definitive of the whole person.

They're as sad and one-faceted as somebody whose whole identity is tied up with eating, sleeping, or bathroom habits...all things which all of us also have, and all of which indicate nothing but a crabbed, narrow, dull and unimaginative view of humanity.

One wants to ask: have you had a single aspiration beyond your animal nature in your entire life?
FlashDangerpants

Meanwhile...

Post by FlashDangerpants »

... Irony free thing unironically stolen from Uwot ...
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:49 pm
Walker wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:10 pm ...one so pre-occupied with identity of the body, is enslaved by sexual identity, not beyond it, not across it, not on the other side of it...
Quite right. And the same could be said for anybody whose so-called "identity" is wholly focused on nothing but their particular sexual proclivities, as if they were inevitably definitive of the whole person.

They're as sad and one-faceted as somebody whose whole identity is tied up with eating, sleeping, or bathroom habits...all things which all of us also have, and all of which indicate nothing but a crabbed, narrow, dull and unimaginative view of humanity.

One wants to ask: have you had a single aspiration beyond your animal nature in your entire life?
Your entire "identity" revolves around exactly one thing, which is the most unpleasantly conservative possible interpretation of Christian scripture.
Harbal

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Harbal »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:46 am
Your entire "identity" revolves around exactly one thing, which is the most unpleasantly conservative possible interpretation of Christian scripture.
I have to say that is an accurate observation. I wish we could find a way to free him from that awful religious baggage he is burdened with. I have tried, but to no avail. I suspect nothing short of exorcism will save him. :(