Ethical Theory another Self Referential fallacy

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Phil8659

Ethical Theory another Self Referential fallacy

Post by Phil8659 »

Now, I would imagine that a product of a biological life form would be called a biological product.
And I am really certain of that.
So, can anyone tell me how a biological product can be a theory of itself?

Let me clarify that.
A mind, when functional, is the most powerful life support systems possible, therefore a mind has a well-defined biological job to perform and well-defined physically determined means of doing its job.
A mind is a symbolic information processor designed to effect predicted behavior, i.e. and that is why it is the most powerful life support system possible. A mind, whose basis is the virtualization of perception, often called memory, is linguistically manipulated through the artifice of grammar systems for the production of human behavior.
All a mind can do is read information via the bodies senses, process that information and write the results of processing back to the body to produce all of human behavior.

So, that means, there is nothing theoretical about it, a biological product is not a theory.
Secondly, as a mind must use grammar systems to process information, how does a grammar system become a theory of itself, unless one is simple minded and delusional?
Veritas Aequitas

Re: Ethical Theory another Self Referential fallacy

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Phil8659 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:27 am So, that means, there is nothing theoretical about it, a biological product is not a theory.
Secondly, as a mind must use grammar systems to process information, how does a grammar system become a theory of itself, unless one is simple minded and delusional?
It seems the more you post, the greater the exposure of your ignorance, lack of intelligence [lit. stupidity] and lack of wisdom.

Note this simple point about "what is theory".
Theories guide the enterprise of finding facts rather than of reaching goals, and are neutral concerning alternatives among values.[3]: 131 
A theory can be a body of knowledge, which may or may not be associated with particular explanatory models.
To theorize is to develop this body of knowledge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory
In this case;
A theory is like a compass that guides one journey in reaching its destination effectively instead of doing it blindly without guide.

A theory is also a model representing reality.
It is often most effective to rely on models to guide one in understanding reality.

Thus 'Ethical Theory' is the study of the various perspectives related to ethics and morality.

It is so stupid to question the term 'Ethical Theory' which is ABC for philosophy [this is a philosophy forum]