humility is negatively inaccurate

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Advocate

humility is negatively inaccurate

Post by Advocate »

Humility is a primary social value in a slave morality.
FlashDangerpants

Re: humility is negatively inaccurate

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Another thread attempting to make your obvious Narcissistic Perssonality Disorder into a strength?

Get help from a medical professional if you are experiencing frustration when people find you unimpressive, the internet cannot help you and anyone who is impressed by you is a complete tool.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

"The trodden worm curls up. This testifies to its caution. It thus reduces its chances of being trodden upon again. In the language of morality: Humility." - Nietzsche

-Imp
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Advocate wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:07 pm Humility is a primary social value in a slave morality.
Or, arrogance is a primary social value in the morality of tyrants. The fulminating fanatic objectivists who refuse to accept anything other than their own authoritarian dogmas.

Got more than just a few of them right here.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=FlashDangerpants post_id=580422 time=1656430463 user_id=11800]
Another thread attempting to make your obvious Narcissistic Perssonality Disorder into a strength?

Get help from a medical professional if you are experiencing frustration when people find you unimpressive, the internet cannot help you and anyone who is impressed by you is a complete tool.
[/quote]

First, i'm not a narcissist. As evidenced by this topic, i don't believe it's a good idea to have an inaccurate self-worth. Second, to be a narcissist, my contentions would have to be unsupported by good evidence, and it just so happens they are. Third, the only reason you believe i have an ego problem is that you have an ego problem and can't imagine it's possible for someone to make an accurate claim of greatness because nobody could Possibly be better than you, right? Especially it's not possible for someone to be great and also know the truth about themselves, right? This topic has nothing to do with me or frustration. Why would you even say such a thing? And finally, since you can't recognize the value of evidence, please refrain from ever discussing anything that requires evidence. Thanks.

No, don't bother responding. No one will ever read it.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=iambiguous post_id=580463 time=1656468049 user_id=4948]
[quote=Advocate post_id=580416 time=1656428867 user_id=15238]
[/quote]

Or, arrogance is a primary social value in the morality of tyrants. The fulminating fanatic objectivists who refuse to accept anything other than their own authoritarian dogmas.

Got more than just a few of them right here.
[/quote]

Either way, inaccuracy is the problem. Truth is a prerequisite for all non-arbitrary goals.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Advocate wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:29 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:34 pm Another thread attempting to make your obvious Narcissistic Perssonality Disorder into a strength?

First, i'm not a narcissist. As evidenced by this topic, i don't believe it's a good idea to have an inaccurate self-worth. Second, to be a narcissist, my contentions would have to be unsupported by good evidence, and it just so happens they are. Third, the only reason you believe i have an ego problem is that you have an ego problem and can't imagine it's possible for someone to make an accurate claim of greatness because nobody could Possibly be better than you, right? Especially it's not possible for someone to be great and also know the truth about themselves, right? This topic has nothing to do with me or frustration. Why would you even say such a thing? And finally, since you can't recognize the value of evidence, please refrain from ever discussing anything that requires evidence. Thanks.

No, don't bother responding. No one will ever read it.
Lol, you are quite convinced that you are great, as in One of the Great Philosophers.
You are delusional.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Advocate wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:07 pm Humility is a primary social value in a slave morality.
It would seem to be so. It depends on where the humility comes from.

If it is the behavior due to cowardice, then humility confirms you are of slavery.

If, on the other hand, humility is the outcome of those who fearlessly seek the truth, then it has nothing to do with slavery.

Rather, this latter humility derives from the sincere acknowledgment of one's own nothingness.

No one is stronger than someone who is truly humble, by his own choice without any advantage.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

If true, so what??

What counts is what are the resultant utilities or negatives from these so-defined slave morality vs master morality.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master%E2 ... e_morality

So far, it is evident the defined 'master-morality' had resulted in mass murders, genocides, destructions and all sorts of evil acts by those with power.

On the contrary, the so-defined slave morality [whilst has it cons] has not resulted in the above massive evil acts. Whilst expressing humility, the slave-moralists had enabled its share of progress to humanity without the evils of the master-moralists.

Personally I do not agree with the terms slave nor master morality.
There should only be morality-proper.

What is Morality?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29737
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote="Veritas Aequitas" post_id=580625 time=1656568140 user_id=7896]
[quote=Advocate post_id=580416 time=1656428867 user_id=15238]
[/quote]
If true, so what??

What counts is what are the resultant utilities or negatives from these so-defined slave morality vs master morality.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master%E2 ... e_morality

So far, it is evident the defined 'master-morality' had resulted in mass murders, genocides, destructions and all sorts of evil acts by those with power.

On the contrary, the so-defined slave morality [whilst has it cons] has not resulted in the above massive evil acts. Whilst expressing humility, the slave-moralists had enabled its share of progress to humanity without the evils of the master-moralists.

Personally I do not agree with the terms slave nor master morality.
There should only be [b]morality-proper[/b].

[b]What is Morality?[/b]
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29737
[/quote]

Morality as a personal understanding must be less comprehensive and will inherently be more permeable than ethics; a formalized version which would be all but worthless if it wasn't entirely coherent.