PH: What is Your Philosophical Foundation?

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

FlashDangerpants

Re: PH: What is Your Philosophical Foundation?

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Peter Holmes wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:45 am Ho hum.

Unless i've miscounted - which is entirely possible - of the 50 OPs on this page alone, 26 are by VA. Gotta be a record.
But this is the one where the century out of date self-taught goblin is offering to do a take down of Wittgenstein for your entertainment. That's got to be a tempter right?

Post by Age »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:22 am
Age wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:22 am That is the ONLY way that you could do 'it'.
Which part of "You can't refute me, but I can't refute you" is confusing you?
NONE of 'it', although there is absolutely NO need for the 'but' word there, as you are just saying the EXACT SAME thing here, THIS TIME.

It was NOT some thing that you had said previously.
Skepdick wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:22 am It's consistent with the first principle of philosophy.
LOL
Skepdick wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:22 am That principle being - you are wrong and I am right.
But that is YOUR so-called "principle of philosophy".

It is CERTAINLY NOT 'the first principle of philosophy'.

Also, and as I just POINTED OUT and SHOWED, I WAS and AM Right about you being Wrong, and about the Fact that you could NEVER refute this Fact. And, according to YOUR CLAIM and OWN "logic" above, you would HAVE TO AGREE with me here.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Age wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:36 am It is CERTAINLY NOT 'the first principle of philosophy'.
You are wrong.
Age wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:36 am Also, and as I just POINTED OUT and SHOWED, I WAS and AM Right about you being Wrong, and about the Fact that you could NEVER refute this Fact. And, according to YOUR CLAIM and OWN "logic" above, you would HAVE TO AGREE with me here.
According to you I am wrong, but according to me you are wrong about me being wrong.

So I disagree with you. Naturally.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

AGE: C'mon, you gotta love total wack-jobs like Skepdick?

Clearly you have proved that you know that he is right about knowing you were not.

Post by Age »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:00 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:36 am It is CERTAINLY NOT 'the first principle of philosophy'.
You are wrong.
Age wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:36 am Also, and as I just POINTED OUT and SHOWED, I WAS and AM Right about you being Wrong, and about the Fact that you could NEVER refute this Fact. And, according to YOUR CLAIM and OWN "logic" above, you would HAVE TO AGREE with me here.
According to you I am wrong, but according to me you are wrong about me being wrong.

So I disagree with you. Naturally.
So, you disagree that I can NOT refute you. Which MEANS that you agree when I say that I CAN refute what you say. Although you BELIEVE that I can NOT refute what you say.

Also, REMEMBER, that you can ONLY BELIEVE that you can refute what I say but you can NEVER ACTUALLY refute absolutely ANY thing that I say, okay?

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:20 pm AGE: C'mon, you gotta love total wack-jobs like Skepdick?

Clearly you have proved that you know that he is right about knowing you were not.
According to "skepdick" "logic", there is absolutely NOTHING I say that could be REFUTED, by absolutely ANY one. Which, in a sense, MEANS that absolutely EVERY thing I say IS right.

Which *skepdick" would HAVE TO agree with, otherwise.CONTRADICT its OWN BELIEFS and CLAIMS here.

Post by Age »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:00 pm
You are wrong.
And what you say IS IRREFUTABLE, right?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:36 am

Unless i've miscounted - which is entirely possible - of the 50 OPs on this page alone, 26 are by VA. Gotta be a record.
But this is the one where the century out of date self-taught goblin is offering to do a take down of Wittgenstein for your entertainment. That's got to be a tempter right?
Not just a takedown, to demonstrate his 'weakness'.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Unless I've miscounted - which is entirely possible - of the 50 OPs on this page alone, 26 are by VA. Gotta be a record.
Last I counted there were 17 threads with 'moral fact' in the title started by VA. The same basic topic and a number of them are directly aimed at you and your position. IOW one thread. He's viral, in the pejorative sense.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:06 pm

Unless I've miscounted - which is entirely possible - of the 50 OPs on this page alone, 26 are by VA. Gotta be a record.
Last I counted there were 17 threads with 'moral fact' in the title started by VA. The same basic topic and a number of them are directly aimed at you and your position. IOW one thread. He's viral, in the pejorative sense.
As far as I know, VA's forum activity is just the tip of the iceberg. What we see here are just snippets from his work.

Here and there he left some comments implying that behind the scenes, he's working effortlessly on his unified philosophy of everything, that will guide humanity towards a better future. I think he's planning to have it published it soon. And after that the whole world will know his name, and the whole world will know that there were some fools on some backwater philosophy forum, who tried to disagree with him and even tried to mock him.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Atla wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:24 pm As far as I know, VA's forum activity is just the tip of the iceberg. What we see here are just snippets from his work.

Here and there he left some comments implying that behind the scenes, he's working effortlessly on his unified philosophy of everything, that will guide humanity towards a better future. I think he's planning to have it published it soon. And after that the whole world will know his name, and the whole world will know that there were some fools on some backwater philosophy forum, who tried to disagree with him and even tried to mock him.
you managed to deliver that neutrally, kudos.

He does actually without admitting, integrate the criticisms he gets here and has gotten elsewhere. IOW he does not admit that problems in his posts are problems, but he does, later, adjust, not enough, given those criticisms.

So, I am sure we will all be put in the acknowledgments. :lol:
Atla

Post by Atla »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:09 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:24 pm As far as I know, VA's forum activity is just the tip of the iceberg. What we see here are just snippets from his work.

you managed to deliver that neutrally, kudos.

He does actually without admitting, integrate the criticisms he gets here and has gotten elsewhere. IOW he does not admit that problems in his posts are problems, but he does, later, adjust, not enough, given those criticisms.

So, I am sure we will all be put in the acknowledgments. :lol:
Being mentioned in his world-changing book is the real reason why we're all on this forum, it's our ticket to fame, but we shouldn't just spill out this secret. What if he takes notice and leaves us out. This comment will self-destruct in 5 minutes.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Atla wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:28 pm Being mentioned in his world-changing book is the real reason why we're all on this forum
Most likely title for said book...
Peter Holmes: Why he is wrong about stuff and what a bastard logical positivist he is.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Atla wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:28 pm Being mentioned in his world-changing book is the real reason why we're all on this forum, it's our ticket to fame, but we shouldn't just spill out this secret. What if he takes notice and leaves us out. This comment will self-destruct in 5 minutes.
He has me on foe, so I'm clean. Though he does sometimes read my posts, I can see because I can see the reaction, but he's training his mirror neurons, so eventually he will feel our pain when reading his 'arguments'.

We'll get that thank you.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:42 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:28 pm Being mentioned in his world-changing book is the real reason why we're all on this forum
Most likely title for said book...
Peter Holmes: Why he is wrong about stuff and what a bastard logical positivist he is.
I've always thought that was an odd criticism, even for VA.

But I think the tittle will be: Peter Holmes, I just thought of something but I want a lot of people to watch.