America has completely lost the plot.

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

popeye1945

Re: America has completely lost the plot.

Post by popeye1945 »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:02 pm
America has always been an imperial power and a colonizer
Always? Hyperbole. And -- as I say -- there's a difference between America and United States.
all the while claiming to be the exact opposite
What's the opposite of imperial power and a colonizer?
today it is a grandiose example of a power seeking world domination
This is the nature of The State, yes.
America has a long history of imperialism
Nope.
most Americans simply do not know their own history but buy into the propaganda
Well, yeah, a good number are straightjacketed by propaganda (I believe you fall into that category), but not most, no.
American exceptualism
What, to you, does the myth of American exceptionalism entail?
You are just demonstrating your own literacy on the subject, not uncommon with the American public.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

popeye1945 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:38 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:02 pm
America has always been an imperial power and a colonizer
Always? Hyperbole. And -- as I say -- there's a difference between America and United States.
all the while claiming to be the exact opposite
What's the opposite of imperial power and a colonizer?
today it is a grandiose example of a power seeking world domination
This is the nature of The State, yes.
America has a long history of imperialism
Nope.
most Americans simply do not know their own history but buy into the propaganda
Well, yeah, a good number are straightjacketed by propaganda (I believe you fall into that category), but not most, no.
American exceptualism
What, to you, does the myth of American exceptionalism entail?
You are just demonstrating your own literacy on the subject, not uncommon with the American public.
I made, let's see, 3 assertions, and asked, er, 2 questions, and -- for the life of me -- I can't seem to find any rebuttals or answers (or challengin' questions) in your response.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Are you saying America does not have an imperial past and its own form of colonialism? The Americans just took over the British colonies in a different way after the first world war. The Brits knew they could not get their own way in the world without the backing of America, this is when the power structure shifted. Before that you have the colonization of America itself and the genocide of the native population. If you are truly that ignorant of your own history I am not going to sweat it out with you. Buy some boooks.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Are you saying America does not have an imperial past and its own form of colonialism?
America doesn't; the United States does.

You know the difference, yeah? You should: I explained it to you at least once recently.

Shall I explain it again?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Yes, please do. Are you inferring the people are not the United States?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

popeye1945 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:33 am Yes, please do. Are you inferring the people are not the United States?
I infer nuthin'. I boldly state: America is a nation (several actually) of free men and women (and kiddies too). The United States is a small group of men and women who serve and who perpetuate a particular iteration of The State.

These are two distinctly different groups.

Unfortunately, anywhere from a third to half of those free folks, Americans, believe the United States serves them. They've been conned and their submission to The State muddies the waters.

Now, I've asserted: should I offer evidence to back it up?

Yes? No?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Don't get to uptight, just trying to fully understand you. I'll ponder this a bit and get back to you. At this point I don't know what to agree or disagree with.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

popeye1945 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:19 pm *Don't get to uptight, just trying to fully understand you. **I'll ponder this a bit and get back to you. At this point I don't know what to agree or disagree with.
*Me? Uptight? Never.

**👍
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Americans lost the plot a very long time ago.

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:52 am
popeye1945 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:33 am Yes, please do. Are you inferring the people are not the United States?
I infer nuthin'. I boldly state: America is a nation (several actually) of free men and women (and kiddies too). The United States is a small group of men and women who serve and who perpetuate a particular iteration of The State.

These are two distinctly different groups.

Unfortunately, anywhere from a third to half of those free folks, Americans, believe the United States serves them. They've been conned and their submission to The State muddies the waters.

Now, I've asserted: should I offer evidence to back it up?

Yes? No?
Yes.

How, EXACTLY, is one so-called 'free' if they HAVE TO DO what they are TOLD TO DO?

And what 'evidence' do you have to back up your 'assertion' that the human beings from the bottom of "chile" to the top of "canada" are 'free'?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Kurt Schlichter takes no prisoners. Here’s an eyeball scorcher. More in the link.
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtsch ... t-n2609334
“Infanticide, wokeness, Marxism, the climate hoax – they are all just colors of the rainbow of evil, tenets of a pagan religion that fills the void in their souls where God should be. Invertebrate sissies insist that we should temper our joy, that we should not rub their smug, scowling faces in their defeat, but no. That is misguided sissy-talk from the losers whose spineless refusal to confront evil before it infected every institution allowed the disease to spread to the point where tattooed manatees with blue hair and piercings are out in public shouting their abortions, reveling in the blood of babies in what amounts to these people living out their daddy issues on a societal level.” - K. Schlichter
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:15 am Kurt Schlichter takes no prisoners. Here’s an eyeball scorcher. More in the link.
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtsch ... t-n2609334
“Infanticide, wokeness, Marxism, the climate hoax – they are all just colors of the rainbow of evil, tenets of a pagan religion that fills the void in their souls where God should be. Invertebrate sissies insist that we should temper our joy, that we should not rub their smug, scowling faces in their defeat, but no. That is misguided sissy-talk from the losers whose spineless refusal to confront evil before it infected every institution allowed the disease to spread to the point where tattooed manatees with blue hair and piercings are out in public shouting their abortions, reveling in the blood of babies in what amounts to these people living out their daddy issues on a societal level.” - K. Schlichter
Do not believe anything you see or read, same thing.

Except what’s written in the Bible….because what you see written in the bible is what the bible wants you to believe.

🥸😎🤓

Reality check…fish face. 😤😳

Let’s give thanksgiving to the fish. Fish tales are not for sale. Fish are free.

There’s always something very fishy about a fishwife. 🥸

Fish do not know the water in which they swim. You are a fish.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:29 am
henry quirk wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:34 pm *What was it America pretended to be but never was?
Well that place WAS GREAT, PERFECT, and HEAVEN-LIKE, well BEFORE it was STOLEN, or TAKEN BY, 'you', "others".
Stolen/taken by the Europeans or by humans in general?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Is that right. Well, chew on this.

From the link.
Gloat. Get in their faces and make them know they and their garbage fetishes are going into the recycling bin o’ history. Here’s how it is, progs…
We win, you lose.
You do not get to kill babies.
We keep our guns, and we will carry them around.
We are not giving up our SUVs or smoked brisket to please some frigid Santa Monica cat lady’s angry weather goddess.
We are going to run our schools our way, with no commie nonsense or gender studies weirdness.
And there is not a damn thing these ridiculous whiners can do about it.
They must learn that they have lost. So get gloatin'.
:lol:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:18 am
Do not believe anything you see or read, same thing.
Good Lord. Zippity doo dah.