the inevitability of dystopia

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Advocate

the inevitability of dystopia

Post by Advocate »

There will come a point when technology will make it feasibly possible to create a functional dystopia with the majority of the accessible universe being used as a playground for a few ultra-über-wealthy families who can do as they please with the rest of humanity. When that time comes, someone will entertain the idea, and eventually someone will attempt the idea, and eventually someone will succeed.
Veritas Aequitas

Re: the inevitability of dystopia

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

The general principle is, the impulse for Good to always prevail over Evil is "programmed" within all humans via evolution.

Do you understand how the Yin_and_Yang mechanisms work?
For each emergence of one side [black], there is an inherent opposite within [white]. See the small dots of color in each side. As one side [black] enlarges, its inherent opposite [white] will also enlarges to the extent of reducing the blackness to drive its own expansion but embedded with an inherent opposite.

This principle is evident since human first emerged where the masses has always overcome the power abuses of the elites. New elites groups will emerge and the cycle will renew itself and so on.
As such there is no possibility of dystopia nor utopia.

There is however the very possibility of the total extermination of the human species when the evil prone Islamists get their cheap WMDs.
These evil prone Islamists don't give a damn with mutual assured destruction [MAD]. They will have no hesitation to use the WMDs since they are in a win-win situation of ending in paradise with 72 virgins regardless of what happened to humanity on Earth. see,
Why Do Men Like about Islam?
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34950
Walker

Post by Walker »

Advocate wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:28 am There will come a point when technology will make it feasibly possible to create a functional dystopia with the majority of the accessible universe being used as a playground for a few ultra-über-wealthy families who can do as they please with the rest of humanity. When that time comes, someone will entertain the idea, and eventually someone will attempt the idea, and eventually someone will succeed.
and eventually someone will succeed.
... resulting in a brainwashed humanity voting for Brandon-types.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Advocate wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:28 am There will come a point when technology will make it feasibly possible to create a functional dystopia with the majority of the accessible universe being used as a playground for a few ultra-über-wealthy families who can do as they please with the rest of humanity. When that time comes, someone will entertain the idea, and eventually someone will attempt the idea, and eventually someone will succeed.
Yes, and you've been livin' in the unfolding of such a thing for a loooong time.

It isn't tomorrow: it's right-friggin'-now.

So: what ya gonna do about it?
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote="henry quirk" post_id=575137 time=1653747313 user_id=472]
[quote=Advocate post_id=575069 time=1653708510 user_id=15238]
There will come a point when technology will make it feasibly possible to create a functional dystopia with the majority of the accessible universe being used as a playground for a few ultra-über-wealthy families who can do as they please with the rest of humanity. When that time comes, someone will entertain the idea, and eventually someone will attempt the idea, and eventually someone will succeed.
[/quote]

Yes, and you've been livin' in the [i]unfolding[/i] of such a thing for a loooong time.

It isn't [i]tomorrow[/i]: it's [i]right-friggin'-[b]now[/b][/i].

[/quote]

Ignore it mostly. No power.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Advocate wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:43 am
henry quirk wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:15 pm
Yes, and you've been livin' in the unfolding of such a thing for a loooong time.

It isn't tomorrow: it's right-friggin'-now.

Ignore it mostly. No power.
Well, I think you have more power than you know. No is a powerful word when backed by actual non-compliance.

And: ignorin', while not bein' ignorant, is an example of that.

There's a whole whack of shit and shitty people that ought be ignored: sumthin' I myself forget from time to time.