Speculating: Computational Morality?

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

Speculating: Computational Morality?

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Given the current trend of the exponential expansion of knowledge and technology, i.e. I believe the above will set the pathway for Computational Morality wherein the respective neural correlates will represent the moral facts.

Noted there is Computational Ethics
  • https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 1322000456
    We propose a framework – computational ethics – that specifies how the ethical challenges of AI can be addressed better by incorporating the study of how humans make moral decisions.
    As the driver of this framework, we propose a computational version of reflective equilibrium.
However I note the above do not dig into the inherent moral potential within the brain.

Computational Morality will target to uncover and understand the moral potentials [represent by its neural correlates] within the brain.

Views?
Veritas Aequitas

Re: Speculating: Computational Morality?

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Note a crude representation of the neural correlates and sets of connectivity within the neural brain.

A closer look,

One assuring point is the location of the various neurons within the brain are reasonable stable over generations with only slight variations. Motor neurons are situated in specific lobes of the brain and not located randomly.
Even the connectivity of the synapses are reasonably stable and constant within all individuals with some exceptions due to RNA replications and other defects.

I am optimistic in the above lie the moral potentials as represented by its respective neural correlates.
Computational neuroscience & computational morality will enable scientists [in the future] to map the neural potential there in and therefrom model it and do the necessary testings to confirm the moral facts.