Objective Evil Facts and Moral Facts

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

Objective Evil Facts and Moral Facts

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

I defined facts as
'whatever is fact must be conditioned upon a specific human-based Framework and System of Knowledge' FSK,
and the human-based scientific FSK that generates scientific facts is the most credible at present.

I argue there are inherent objective evil facts and moral facts represented as potentials within the human DNA and brain. Note the significance of 'potential'.
  • Potential generally refers to a currently unrealized ability. The term is used in a wide variety of fields, from physics to the social sciences to indicate things that are in a state where they are able to change in ways ranging from the simple release of energy by objects to the realization of abilities in people.
    The philosopher Aristotle incorporated this concept into his theory of potentiality and actuality,[1] a pair of closely connected principles which he used to analyze motion, causality, ethics, and physiology in his Physics, Metaphysics, Nicomachean Ethics, and De Anima, which is about the human psyche.[2]
    That which is potential can theoretically be made actual by taking the right action; for example, a boulder on the edge of a cliff has potential to fall that could be actualized by pushing it over the edge.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potential
The referent for good [moral] and evil facts as potentials are represented by neurons and their connectivity within the brain and whole body of the person.
Such facts are conditioned within their specific human-based FSK and can be verified to their empirical evidence via the scientific FSK.

All humans are "programmed" with inherently "good" and "evil" facts as potentials.
That is where Christianity jumped to the false conclusion all humans are born inherently sinful as proclaimed by an illusory God.

What are evil facts [genocide, murders, violence, rape, etc.] cannot be term 'good' or moral facts.

Definition of 'Evil'
What is evil is not-Good.
What is evil is any human act or thoughts that is a net-negative to the well-being of the individual and to humanity towards the preservation of the human species.

All humans are inherently embedded with the fact of an evil potential in their DNA and brain.
The point that many [& some] do not commit evil is because they have efficient inhibitors to modulate those potential, like have having efficient dams to modulate a 'rogue' river during floods.

Because these supposed facts of with evil potentials [the 4Fs: fight, flight, food, fornicate] are critical for survival of the species, they were activated earliest from the emergence of humans.
Unfortunately as human evolved further, these evil potentials were abused as greater evils into murders, genocides, rapes, etc. which could threaten the species especially with the glaring existence of WMDs [nuclear and biological].

But nature is not that stupid.
Thus it was only natural that the facts of the inherent potential for good [morality] begin to unfold slowly to counteract the evil acts.

The philosophical problem we faced today is because the facts of moral [good] potential are very subtle and thus not easily recognized by the majority for various reasons.
But more and more of humanity are slowly recognizing the existence of moral facts [opposite to evil facts] as the moral potential continue to unfold.

This is evident of the general positive morality trend from since 10,000 years ago to the present, e.g. the trend of the abolishment of chattel slavery.
Humanity on average are more aware of polluting the Earth and climate change which could threatened the human species, thus immoral.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/concept-evil/

What is Objectivity

Two Senses of 'Objective'
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39326

Scientific Objectivity
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39286

My point;
Objective Evil facts and Moral [good] facts exist as potentials [represented by sets of neurons] within the human brain.

View??
Veritas Aequitas

Re: Objective Evil Facts and Moral Facts

Notes:
Veritas Aequitas

Peter Holmes wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 2:43 pm VA is a moralist, with a strong sense of the need to oppose evil and promote goodness. That what constitutes evil and goodness is a matter of opinion, which is subjective - which single and simple fact demolishes moral objectivism at a stroke - is anathema to VA. Hence his sprawlingly absurd attempts to construct a moral objectivity that won't stand up for a moment.
You are also relying on a delusional [not the rational] sense of 'what is objectivity' to claim that evil and good are not objective, thus, subjective.
Note the OP argument above.

Two Senses [rational or delusional] of 'Objective'

Note;
Scientific Objectivity

I argued my 'what is moral objectivity' from a human-based moral FSK is equivalent to scientific objectivity based on a human-based science-FSK.
Are we better off without scientific objectivity?

I believe there are inherent objective universal evil potentials within ALL humans as represented by their physical neural correlates and their respective mechanisms.
On that basis, humanity can envision a ZERO-evil-act-world [moral world] by establishing stronger neural inhibitors to modulate the universal objective inherent evil potentials within all humans.

On the other hand;
If you argue "That what constitutes evil and goodness is a matter of opinion, which is subjective .."
then there is nothing objective [as defined] as a standard [fixed goal post] to guide people away from
raping killing your kin and you;
torturing your babies, kids, grand kids and future kids for sex and pleasure;
having incestuous relationship;
and other evil acts.

Even there are politically established criminal laws, you will still resign and surrender to the subjective opinions of evil doers, thus will do nothing in the moral sense to stop it.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

and if the neurons in some brains are aligned differently?

-Imp
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:10 am I defined facts as
'whatever is fact must be conditioned upon a specific human-based Framework and System of Knowledge' FSK,
and the human-based scientific FSK that generates scientific facts is the most credible at present.

I argue there are inherent objective evil facts and moral facts represented as potentials within the human DNA and brain. Note the significance of 'potential'.
  • Potential generally refers to a currently unrealized ability. The term is used in a wide variety of fields, from physics to the social sciences to indicate things that are in a state where they are able to change in ways ranging from the simple release of energy by objects to the realization of abilities in people.
    The philosopher Aristotle incorporated this concept into his theory of potentiality and actuality,[1] a pair of closely connected principles which he used to analyze motion, causality, ethics, and physiology in his Physics, Metaphysics, Nicomachean Ethics, and De Anima, which is about the human psyche.[2]
    That which is potential can theoretically be made actual by taking the right action; for example, a boulder on the edge of a cliff has potential to fall that could be actualized by pushing it over the edge.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potential
The referent for good [moral] and evil facts as potentials are represented by neurons and their connectivity within the brain and whole body of the person.
Such facts are conditioned within their specific human-based FSK and can be verified to their empirical evidence via the scientific FSK.

All humans are "programmed" with inherently "good" and "evil" facts as potentials.
That is where Christianity jumped to the false conclusion all humans are born inherently sinful as proclaimed by an illusory God.

What are evil facts [genocide, murders, violence, rape, etc.] cannot be term 'good' or moral facts.

Definition of 'Evil'
What is evil is not-Good.
What is evil is any human act or thoughts that is a net-negative to the well-being of the individual and to humanity towards the preservation of the human species.

All humans are inherently embedded with the fact of an evil potential in their DNA and brain.
The point that many [& some] do not commit evil is because they have efficient inhibitors to modulate those potential, like have having efficient dams to modulate a 'rogue' river during floods.

Because these supposed facts of with evil potentials [the 4Fs: fight, flight, food, fornicate] are critical for survival of the species, they were activated earliest from the emergence of humans.
Unfortunately as human evolved further, these evil potentials were abused as greater evils into murders, genocides, rapes, etc. which could threaten the species especially with the glaring existence of WMDs [nuclear and biological].

But nature is not that stupid.
Thus it was only natural that the facts of the inherent potential for good [morality] begin to unfold slowly to counteract the evil acts.

The philosophical problem we faced today is because the facts of moral [good] potential are very subtle and thus not easily recognized by the majority for various reasons.
But more and more of humanity are slowly recognizing the existence of moral facts [opposite to evil facts] as the moral potential continue to unfold.

This is evident of the general positive morality trend from since 10,000 years ago to the present, e.g. the trend of the abolishment of chattel slavery.
Humanity on average are more aware of polluting the Earth and climate change which could threatened the human species, thus immoral.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/concept-evil/

What is Objectivity

Two Senses of 'Objective'

Scientific Objectivity

My point;
Objective Evil facts and Moral [good] facts exist as potentials [represented by sets of neurons] within the human brain.

View??

What is behind your obsession for churning out this rubbish?

I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me. :(
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Harbal wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:14 am What is behind your obsession for churning out this rubbish?

I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me. :(
😅
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

@OP, nice! A theory we can work on!

When I look around in my mom's-in-law garden and also in other gartens around the world (I have access to Google images), I know that these 👉🌻🌺🥀🌹🌷⚘are flowers but ... I can't shake off the feeling that they're the wrong kinda flowers. Weird?!
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

If morality was a physically objective thing, would it not be the same for all people? Subjective diversity!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

popeye1945 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:22 am If morality was a physically objective thing, would it not be the same for all people?
Not after it's been FSKed.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

A particular word seems perfect for the occasion. Do ya see it? There are roughly 1,000,000 words in the English language. Random guessing means a probability of a hit's 1 in a million. Try sumthin else, and before I forget, bonam fortunam.
Veritas Aequitas

popeye1945 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:22 am If morality was a physically objective thing, would it not be the same for all people? Subjective diversity!
The inherent moral function in ALL humans is represented by its corresponding neural correlates. They are the same for ALL humans as grounded in the DNA.

Analogy,
the hunger drive is represented by its corresponding neural correlates; they are the same for all humans and grounded in the DNA.
That different people as driven by the generic hunger drive to eat different food, that is a separate issue.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

It should be clear that there is some serious confusion in VA when he contrasts
Objective Evil Facts
with
Moral Facts.

And, I would like to suggest again, that his OP and many of his posts are so cluttered with confusing statements that don't really fit together with others, that dealing with his posts in a rational dialogue with him is nearly impossible. So many questions are raised at the same time in so many directions. It might go well, but unfortunately requests for clarification lead to more posts with yet more internal confusions. It's ad hoc, bricoleur posting.