There are Moral Facts

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Skepdick

Re: There are Moral Facts

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:05 pm Funny you should post something so meaningless , and end by accusing someone else of irrelevance.
Are you still eating twinkies, as I think your brain is failing you.
The irony of being unable to parse the meaning of what I say and then accusing me of eating twinkies.

I'd help you with your English comprehension if I wasn't convinced you are a total idiot.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:27 am
DPMartin wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:58 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:34 am
Rather you are the ignorant one.

1. Yes a contract is an agreement between two or more parties.

2. A Christian is one who has entered into a contract [covenant] with God/Jesus.

3. Every contract must have a specific Terms of Contract. Hope you get this very clearly.

4. Since a Christian entered into a contract with Jesus/ God, the Terms of Contract in the case of a Christian are ONLY in the Gospels of Jesus and no where else.
That the OT, Acts and Epistles which are not the direct words of Jesus cannot be terms of the contract for Christianity. These are merely appendixes and guides to the main contract.

5. The ten commandments are in the OT and regardless of which verse you quote from the OT, it cannot be a term of the contract between a Christian and God.

6. One overriding contractual term in the Gospels is 'love all, even enemies' and this will cover for 'Thou Shalt not kill'.

Prove my points above are wrong?
Actually it is you who really don't know what you're talking about.
nice try, all of that you just posted is a no go
Be reasonable, show me which of my argument is wrong?
what needed to be said on what "thou shall not kill" is a part of a covenant has bee shown. if the giver of the tablets says what's written on it is a covenant (agreement) then that's what it is.

and for the record, Jesus is the fulfillment of all (garden - Torah) previous contracts, to the satisfaction of who He says is His Father in Heaven. and it seems you need to understand that Jesus came into the world to give the Life He has to the faithful. hence since His Life is the fulfillment of the law then the faithful who receive that Life via being born again in the Holy Spirit then the fulfillment of the same in the flesh is a concern and focus of those who care about living that Life Jesus came to give.

and until the power of God is revealed in you as much as or more than guys like Paul or the rest of the NT writers, one should have respect for what Paul says on the matter much more than your opinion.

if you want to say what Jesus says supersedes everything else sure but in the case of the NT writers they are entrusted by Jesus to preach and teach the same within the context of the same IOW what they wrote is based on Jesus what He has taught them and revealed to them.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:23 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:21 pm Norms are not objective. They are just averages.
Well yeah. On average all humans are mortal. Except the immortal ones.

Every single premise you use for reasoning in deductive logic is arrived at by statistical induction. Statistical averages - norms.
duh