Is NASA Guilty of Human Trafficking?

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Is NASA Guilty of Human Trafficking?

Post by Gary Childress »

Think about it. All of our lives we've been told that becoming an astronaut is a great thing. So then they strap you into a space capsule and light a stick of dynamite under you to launch you into a hostile environment. Who in their right mind would want to do something like that? Sounds like psychological manipulation to me.
Gary Childress

Re: Is NASA Guilty of Human Trafficking?

Post by Gary Childress »

I mean if Laurence Krauss or anyone wants to know more about the universe so that they can receive accolades in history books then maybe they should be the ones to get into that capsule and go. Sounds like wanton sciensploitation.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Very strange thread topic. I doubt if even one person out of a billion becomes an astronaut, although it's becoming more mainstream now. You are always going to have the pioneers, those brave (or unimaginative) enough to push safety boundaries. That's how society progresses.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:39 pm Think about it. All of our lives we've been told that becoming an astronaut is a great thing. So then they strap you into a space capsule and light a stick of dynamite under you to launch you into a hostile environment. Who in their right mind would want to do something like that? Sounds like psychological manipulation to me.
space is a political and military strategy that some private industries have been able to exploit such as direct tv.

since sputnik the preaching to public is space exploration, but the reality of the result is control of those on the planet earth, but since your posting has a complaint it has. its your fault you believed the media hype of gov propaganda.

the earth is lush and green with living things from pole to pole and only morons would dream of going where no life is in places that don't accommodate the presence of life. all that hype is to keep enough of the tax paying public agreeable to the price tag for gaining the upper hand in devices that orbit the earth.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

the whole point is to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before.