Money talks, ethics walks.

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Money talks, ethics walks.

Post by attofishpi »

Ansiktsburk wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:44 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:42 pm
Ansiktsburk wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:40 am
Guys that say stuff like that are normally from Habituses created by men knowing the ways money talk. Like my fellow countrywoman Greta. My humble experience after 30 ys in other habituses and almost as many in them. But maybe it's the complete opposite in other parts of the world. People from mandatory daytime work habituses on all family sides saying such things.
By “habituses” are you meaning the plural of “habitus” or do you mean something else?
Gollum. Pardon a poor Scandinavian's lousy English. Still, that's my experience. People that have flourished the most by the smart move to be born in a family where Capitalism has brought economic, symbolic and cultural capital, are the ones that I find attacking captialism the most. Like my otherwise dearly loved mother-in-law.
Are you saying it's wrong to attack capitalism while benefitting from it?
reakes02

Post by reakes02 »

I disagree with the author, "Klein didn't deserve criticism." I believe there's an inherent evil to lobbying.

The role of a lobbyist is to build relationships with powerful individuals and then bribe them with gifts, trips, and cash in order to promote the interests of the employer. The health and well-being of the general public isn't an aspect of the job description.
Ansiktsburk

Post by Ansiktsburk »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:59 am
Ansiktsburk wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:44 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:42 pm

By “habituses” are you meaning the plural of “habitus” or do you mean something else?
Gollum. Pardon a poor Scandinavian's lousy English. Still, that's my experience. People that have flourished the most by the smart move to be born in a family where Capitalism has brought economic, symbolic and cultural capital, are the ones that I find attacking captialism the most. Like my otherwise dearly loved mother-in-law.
Are you saying it's wrong to attack capitalism while benefitting from it?
Sorry for late answer. Have been in other worlds. You might attack capitalism, but you need to learn what capitalism mean for people living in other habituses than your own. Especially if your habitus is sheltered. You need to know what you actually attack and what that really mean for other people. Attacking, you have to be very careful.