Money talks, ethics walks.

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Ah, the age of capitalism..apparently it was bullshit the short of sight had in mind.. (SOME ATHEISTS and other fools including THEISTS :twisted: )
Walker

Re: Money talks, ethics walks.

Post by Walker »

Too bad that capitalism, which naturally aligns with human nature (as opposed to Marxism which is an ideological imposition upon human nature) as evidenced by the human inclination to trade goods and services in answer to the need for an improved quality of life, has been corrupted.

Ethics takes a walk when the totalitarian control by a government supersedes human rights in the name of perpetuating totalitarianism.

This is the age of corrupted capitalism, i.e., the Age of Corruption, and ethics adjust accordingly.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:35 pm Too bad that capitalism, which naturally aligns with human nature
LOL
Walker wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:35 pm(as opposed to Marxism which is an ideological imposition upon human nature) as evidenced by the human inclination to trade goods and services in answer to the need for an improved quality of life, has been corrupted.

Ethics takes a walk when the totalitarian control by a government supersedes human rights in the name of perpetuating totalitarianism.

This is the age of corrupted capitalism, i.e., the Age of Corruption, and ethics adjust accordingly.
Walker

Post by Walker »

You're a formatting rebel, aren't you Age.

This re-formatting may make my horrible writing easier to read.

Too bad that capitalism

which naturally aligns with human nature ...

(as opposed to Marxism which is an ideological imposition upon human nature)

... as evidenced by the human inclination to trade goods and services in answer to the need for an improved quality of life ...

has been corrupted.

Ethics takes a walk when the totalitarian control by a government

supersedes human rights in the name of perpetuating totalitarianism.

This is the age of corrupted capitalism ...

i.e., ...

the Age of Corruption*.

And, ethics adjust accordingly.

I could toss in some random caps, Captain, but that’s your thang.

So you know, I'm putting you on a leash. You get one question.
Ansiktsburk

Post by Ansiktsburk »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:50 am Money talks, ethics walks.

Ah, the age of capitalism..apparently it was bullshit the short of sight had in mind.. (SOME ATHEISTS and other fools including THEISTS :twisted: )
Guys that say stuff like that are normally from Habituses created by men knowing the ways money talk. Like my fellow countrywoman Greta. My humble experience after 30 ys in other habituses and almost as many in them. But maybe it's the complete opposite in other parts of the world. People from mandatory daytime work habituses on all family sides saying such things.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Ansiktsburk wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:40 am

Guys that say stuff like that are normally from Habituses created by men knowing the ways money talk. Like my fellow countrywoman Greta. My humble experience after 30 ys in other habituses and almost as many in them. But maybe it's the complete opposite in other parts of the world. People from mandatory daytime work habituses on all family sides saying such things.
By “habituses” are you meaning the plural of “habitus” or do you mean something else?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:02 am You're a formatting rebel, aren't you Age.

This re-formatting may make my horrible writing easier to read.

Too bad that capitalism

... as evidenced by the human inclination to trade goods and services in answer to the need for an improved quality of life ...

has been corrupted.

This is the age of corrupted capitalism ...

i.e., ...

the Age of Corruption*.

Walker,

Even though your “horrible writing” was just as easily readable in its previous format, I’d like to take a try at one question.

My question is this

(and I hope to read your considered response to it):

Suppose a corporate giant

like Facebook

has the hubris,

and/or the audacity,

to limit or promote conflict and misinformation,

and decide which to do based on profits rather than ethics,

following such platitudes as,

“Money is the root of all evil,”

or,

“Conflict breeds more conflict,”

or,

“Handsome is as handsome does,”

then why am I incorrect to say

that the Age of Corruption is

nothing more than

the Age of Situational Ethics,

in view of the fact that

more profits mean more jobs and

better lives for workers,

or is this more a matter of subliminal mind control

with the aim of achieving a political goal?

[Any format you desire is okay with me as long as it is

written either in Queen’s English or American English.]
Walker

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:11 pm

nothing more than

Because the same situation elicits the same thoughts and actions from two or more strangers who share the same view, but not from those who do not share the same view. The shared view can be either corrupted, or not corrupted.

For example, strangers to the Wright Brothers, and to one another, were simultaneously discovering an uncorrupted view of machine-powered flight physics via known materials technology. It's a good example because a corrupted view of machine-powered flight physics has unmistakable effects.

That's a good use of your one question, and now you have more than enough material with which to philosophize.

Does the Queen approve?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:42 am
commonsense wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:11 pm

nothing more than

Because the same situation elicits the same thoughts and actions from two or more strangers who share the same view, but not from those who do not share the same view. The shared view can be either corrupted, or not corrupted.
An excellent distinction. Thanks for clarifying.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:02 am You're a formatting rebel, aren't you Age.
Are you asking a question here, or just telling us what you BELIEVE is true?

Either way I do NOT know what you are REALLY asking, nor saying.
Walker wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:02 am This re-formatting may make my horrible writing easier to read.
Let us see.

By the way, to me, your writing was NOT 'horrible' NOR 'hard to read'. But anyway ...
Walker wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:02 am
Too bad that capitalism

LOL

BOTH do NOT 'naturally align' with human nature. But 'you' would KNOW this ALREADY, that is; IF you ALREADY KNEW what 'human nature' IS, EXACTLY.

BOTH "capitalism" AND "marxism" are ideological impositions upon human nature. In fact, EVERY "ism" was, is, and will be an ideological imposition upon human nature. But, you would ALREADY KNOW this, that is; IF you ALREADY KNEW what thee True nature of being a 'human being' IS and how thee Mind and the brain ACTUALLY WORK.
Walker wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:02 am ... as evidenced by the human inclination to trade goods and services in answer to the need for an improved quality of life ...
If 'you', adult human beings, did not destroy the quality of life, through your want of money (trading commodity) and greed, then there would be NO 'need' for an improved quality of life now, in the days when this was being written.

EVERY human being is born into a Life, which the quality of is PERFECT and which can NOT be improved upon. However, if there is a perception that the quality of life can be improved upon, then that means 'you', adult human beings, have done something Wrong, and so 'need' to have a good hard look at "yourselves".

The natural tendency of the human being was once NOT to trade goods and services. To ASSUME otherwise just comes from a VERY short sighted and narrowed view of things.
Walker wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:02 am has been corrupted.
Yes, the adult human beings, in the days when this was written, were VERY corrupted, and extremely so without ANY real recognition of this FACT.

Walker wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:02 am

What, EXACTLY, are 'your' human rights?

And, how could the 'rights' of EVERY one, so call, "supersede" the 'rights' of an individual one? This just does not naturally follow, well from my perspective and view of things anyway.

Maybe if you provide some examples of what you BELIEVE is true, then we could take a LOOK AT them, and then discuss. But we will have to wait and see, first.

Walker wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:02 am This is the age of corrupted capitalism ...
WHEN was "the age" when there was, supposedly, NO 'corrupted capitalism', WHAT caused the change to the worse/the wrong, and WHY do 'you' NOT do what is needed to change back?
Walker wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:02 am i.e., ...

the Age of Corruption*.

But I get as many questions, and words, as I choose. And, how many you answer, if any, is your choice alone, as well.

By the way, YOUR re-formatting did NOT make your words less nor more 'horrible' NOR less nor more 'harder nor easier to read'. You are still just expressing your Wrong and DISTORTED BELIEFS in the EXACT SAME WAY.
Walker

Post by Walker »

LOL

:wink:

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:44 pm LOL

:wink:
What is the 'LOL' in reference to, EXACTLY?

And what is the 'wink' for, EXACTLY?
Walker

Post by Walker »

As a rule, chuckles and cutie pie.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:11 am As a rule, chuckles and cutie pie.
So, are you INCAPABLE of explaining and telling us what the 'LOL' was in reference to?

If yes, then okay.

But, if no, then why do you not answer the actual question, and tell us?
Ansiktsburk

Post by Ansiktsburk »

commonsense wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:42 pm
Ansiktsburk wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:40 am

By “habituses” are you meaning the plural of “habitus” or do you mean something else?
Gollum. Pardon a poor Scandinavian's lousy English. Still, that's my experience. People that have flourished the most by the smart move to be born in a family where Capitalism has brought economic, symbolic and cultural capital, are the ones that I find attacking captialism the most. Like my otherwise dearly loved mother-in-law.