Death Penalty

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Death Penalty

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Vitruvius wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:05 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:19 pm As a matter of fact most murder victims are men.
In nature, there's an excess of males. Females bear young; they are needed. Males are not.
One alpha male, can - and often does, service several females.
In chimp society, beta males can become homosexual, or are seen as contending for power, and driven out or killed.
This is a fission society. (named after the radioactive process that ejects atoms)
Humans have a fusion society (named after the radioactive process that bonds atoms together)
Thus, human societies contain an excess of male energy - and so, it's no surprise or tragedy when they kill each other.
Who cares? There's plenty of sperm to go around. But eggs are in short supply.
What a load of bollocks.
Jori

Post by Jori »

According to movie adaptation of Robinson Cursoe that i watched, killing someone is kinder than letting that person rot in prison.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Jori wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:45 am According to movie adaptation of Robinson Cursoe that i watched, killing someone is kinder than letting that person rot in prison.
So should we treat people with that kind of kindness?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:19 pm As a matter of fact most murder victims are men.
In nature, there's an excess of males. Females bear young; they are needed. Males are not.
In chimp society, beta males can become homosexual, or are seen as contending for power, and driven out or killed.
This is a fission society. (named after the radioactive process that ejects atoms)
Humans have a fusion society (named after the radioactive process that bonds atoms together)
Thus, human societies contain an excess of male energy - and so, it's no surprise or tragedy when they kill each other.
Oh Hum a Naturalistic Fallacy to add to your crimes.
Vitruvius

Post by Vitruvius »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:09 amOh Hum a Naturalistic Fallacy to add to your crimes.
I'm not saying that's how it should be. I'm saying that's how it is. When did you last see a candle lit vigil for a dead dude?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Vitruvius wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:17 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:09 amOh Hum a Naturalistic Fallacy to add to your crimes.
I'm not saying that's how it should be. I'm saying that's how it is. When did you last see a candle lit vigil for a dead dude?
That is not how it is, quite fucking obviously. Human have a little thing called culture.
Vitruvius

Post by Vitruvius »

Vitruvius wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:17 amI'm not saying that's how it should be. I'm saying that's how it is. When did you last see a candle lit vigil for a dead dude?
Sculptor wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:05 amThat is not how it is, quite fucking obviously. Human have a little thing called culture.
Our evolution affects our psychology in ways we don't realise. If most murder victims are men, why isn't anyone weeping their eyes out about the epidemic of male murders?
Vitruvius

Post by Vitruvius »

Man arrested on suspicion of killing Sabina Nessa
Tammy Hughes 3 hrs ago

Detectives investigating the murder of school teacher Sabina Nessa in south-east London have arrested a 38-year-old man in East Sussex. The Metropolitan Police said the suspect had been detained at around 3am on Sunday morning and is being held in police custody. On Thursday evening, investigators released CCTV images of a man they urgently wished to speak to, and one of a silver car they believed he had access to. It is unclear if the man they sought is the man arrested.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslond ... d=msedgntp
vegetariantaxidermy

Vitruvius wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:12 am

Vitruvius wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:17 amI'm not saying that's how it should be. I'm saying that's how it is. When did you last see a candle lit vigil for a dead dude?
Sculptor wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:05 amThat is not how it is, quite fucking obviously. Human have a little thing called culture.
Our evolution affects our psychology in ways we don't realise. If most murder victims are men, why isn't anyone weeping their eyes out about the epidemic of male murders?
You seriously believe that no one cares when a male is murdered? What is wrong with you?

Candle-lit vigils are just phony virtue-signalling bandwagonners anyway.
Vitruvius

Post by Vitruvius »

Vitruvius wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:05 pm Our evolution affects our psychology in ways we don't realise. If most murder victims are men, why isn't anyone weeping their eyes out about the epidemic of male murders?
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:11 pmYou seriously believe that no one cares when a male is murdered? What is wrong with you?
That would be two long stories. I'm giving you one short hand version of why murders of women have greater emotional resonance than those of men. Again, I'm not saying that's how it should be - I'm saying that's how it is.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Evolution is an effect; it cannot cause.
There is no "epidemic" of murder.
Vitruvius

Post by Vitruvius »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:54 pm

Evolution is an effect; it cannot cause.
There is no "epidemic" of murder.
I'm sorry. Your post fallen below the required minimum quality standard and will not receive a reply. Thank you for your interest.
vegetariantaxidermy

Vitruvius wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:23 pm
That would be two long stories. I'm giving you one short hand version of why murders of women have greater emotional resonance than those of men. Again, I'm not saying that's how it should be - I'm saying that's how it is.
You are so full of crap. You only admitted earlier that this particular case 'moved' you because you find the woman sexually attractive.
What about old women? Do people have vigils for them?
Also, the kind of 'missing/murdered women vigils' that you are talking about are invariably about women because women are the most likely to be the victims of this kind of high profile crime--and the reason for that is because a certain kind of dangerous predatory male found them sexually attractive. Are those candle holders out physically looking for them or their killers? Lighting candles does nothing for anyone except make the holders feel good about themselves.
I'm pretty sure that people the world over were genuinely deeply saddened by all those 'useless male' firefighters who were doomed on 9/11.
Vitruvius

Post by Vitruvius »

Vitruvius wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:23 pm That would be two long stories. I'm giving you one short hand version of why murders of women have greater emotional resonance than those of men. Again, I'm not saying that's how it should be - I'm saying that's how it is.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:13 pmYou are so full of crap. You only admitted earlier that this particular case 'moved' you because you find the woman sexually attractive.
Anyone can read the previous page and see those are your words, you're trying to put in my mouth. I've said nothing of the kind.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:13 pm What about old women? Do people have vigils for them?
Sometimes, I guess!
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:13 pmAlso, the kind of 'missing/murdered women vigils' that you are talking about are invariably about women because women are the most likely to be the victims of this kind of high profile crime--and the reason for that is because a certain kind of dangerous predatory male found them sexually attractive.
Again, you brought up sex.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:13 pmAre those candle holders out physically looking for them or their killers? Lighting candles does nothing for anyone except make the holders feel good about themselves.
My god you're an ass!

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:13 pmI'm pretty sure that people the world over were genuinely deeply saddened by all those 'useless male' firefighters who were doomed on 9/11.
Myself included.
vegetariantaxidermy

Vitruvius wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:43 pm
Vitruvius wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:23 pm That would be two long stories. I'm giving you one short hand version of why murders of women have greater emotional resonance than those of men. Again, I'm not saying that's how it should be - I'm saying that's how it is.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:13 pmYou are so full of crap. You only admitted earlier that this particular case 'moved' you because you find the woman sexually attractive.
Anyone can read the previous page and see those are your words, you're trying to put in my mouth. I've said nothing of the kind.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:13 pm What about old women? Do people have vigils for them?
Sometimes, I guess!
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:13 pmAlso, the kind of 'missing/murdered women vigils' that you are talking about are invariably about women because women are the most likely to be the victims of this kind of high profile crime--and the reason for that is because a certain kind of dangerous predatory male found them sexually attractive.
Again, you brought up sex.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:13 pmAre those candle holders out physically looking for them or their killers? Lighting candles does nothing for anyone except make the holders feel good about themselves.
My god you're an ass!

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:13 pmI'm pretty sure that people the world over were genuinely deeply saddened by all those 'useless male' firefighters who were doomed on 9/11.
Myself included.
You admitted that you weren't as 'moved' by the other woman. I commend your honesty btw. The only difference between the two is their physical appearance. Same crime.