Philosophy of Sex

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Philosophy of Sex

Post by Walker »

I went to an after-hours, private club with a co-worker after a week of 13-hour days of physical and mental stress.
The co-worker played basketball center in his earlier years.

After we achieved the proper liquid consciousness modifications, I remained to witness the room and he left to engage. He dropped some coins in the music machine and spread his wingspan out to a considerable fullness, somewhere under seven feet, encompassing much of the free space around the music machine. I saw him tilt his head back and let the music slowly take him, like William Holden in Picnic.

Immediately, two women disengaged from their drinks at the bar and entered the radius of his arms, touching energy but not bodies, like magnets to the source. Instant, non-intellectual pals.

This lady has an appreciation of every moment, a quality required to conquer boredom.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PXVtOmucMw
Walker

Post by Walker »

The strength of Catholicism is brahmacharya for the priests and the nuns, and the rules make it sourced via celibacy.

If the church ever falls from its thousand-year reign, it will be due to a corruption of the strength provided by brahmacharya, most efficiently achieved by celibacy ... although that can and often does create conflict which must be squelched with discipline, so to speak. Cold showers and such.

Thus, there can be only one rational conclusion, namely, ethics is based in human physicality, and corruption of ethics saps energy from the root source.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Jori wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:41 amWell, what's on your mind?
To sincerely welcome you to the forum by at least once persevering to transcend the limitations of the medium and perhaps touch the hem of philosophy with mind ... phrased of course to balance those riddled, a bit of something for most.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Walker wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:58 am The strength of Catholicism is brahmacharya for the priests and the nuns, and the rules make it sourced via celibacy.

If the church ever falls from its thousand-year reign, it will be due to a corruption of the strength provided by brahmacharya, most efficiently achieved by celibacy ... although that can and often does create conflict which must be squelched with discipline, so to speak. Cold showers and such.

Thus, there can be only one rational conclusion, namely, ethics is based in human physicality, and corruption of ethics saps energy from the root source.
To understand human physicality you might read "The Naked Ape". Celibacy violates human nature.
Walker

Post by Walker »

jayjacobus wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:41 pm
Walker wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:58 am The strength of Catholicism is brahmacharya for the priests and the nuns, and the rules make it sourced via celibacy.

To understand human physicality you might read "The Naked Ape". Celibacy violates human nature.
If it does, it does so according to the author's rationale, which in 26 words or less, is ...
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Walker wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:49 pm
jayjacobus wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:41 pm

If it does, it does so according to the author's rationale, which in 26 words or less, is ...
From the publisher (more than 26 words but short enough to read in 2 minutes):

"Zoologist Desmond Morris considers humans as being simply another animal species in this classic book first published in 1967. Here is the Naked Ape at his most primal in love, at work, at war. Meet man as he really is: relative to the apes, stripped of his veneer as we see him courting, making love, sleeping, socializing, grooming, playing. The Naked Ape takes its place alongside Darwin’s Origin of the Species, presenting man not as a fallen angel, but as a risen ape, remarkable in his resilience, energy and imagination, yet an animal nonetheless, in danger of forgetting his origins. "

PS: Desmond is right on point. Read it if you want.
Walker

Post by Walker »

I read it when it published.

It was the talk of the town.

I remember the gist, but felt no need to make it a rule book.

In comparison, he's a bit of an upstart.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Walker wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:33 am I read it when it published.

It was the talk of the town.

I remember the gist, but felt no need to make it a rule book.

In comparison, he's a bit of an upstart.
I agree but he brings the theory of evolution to the evolution of mankind. Not a rule but an insight into human's roots.

Man is a risen ape. There is no way to deny that.
Walker

Post by Walker »

I don't see why not.

Man has a considerably higher capacity than an ape, or other animals.

I wonder what an ape would make of this. Perhaps a big-brained dolphin could transcribe it into clicks that reach across time and space to touch the ape’s sensibilities, as musical notes touch human sensibilities but then again, perhaps not.

Pablo Casals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Ym7k7ULfQ
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Walker wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:01 pm I don't see why not.

Man has a considerably higher capacity than an ape, or other animals.

I wonder what an ape would make of this. Perhaps a big-brained dolphin could transcribe it into clicks that reach across time and space to touch the ape’s sensibilities, as musical notes touch human sensibilities but then again, perhaps not.

Pablo Casals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Ym7k7ULfQ
"higher capacity than an ape", "big brained dolphin" and "musical notes" are not logically connected.
Walker

Post by Walker »

How about philosophy and sex?
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Walker wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:50 pm How about philosophy and sex?
No. They are not connected.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Au contraire. Logic can connect everything to everything, and anything to anything, and anything to everything, and let's not forget everything to anything, which is convenient since everything in the universe results in the present moment. You may want to study the phenomenon of six degrees of separation and its offshoot, six degrees of Kevin Bacon.

:D
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Walker wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:47 am Au contraire. Logic can connect everything to everything, and anything to anything, and anything to everything, and let's not forget everything to anything, which is convenient since everything in the universe results in the present moment. You may want to study the phenomenon of six degrees of separation and its offshoot, six degrees of Kevin Bacon.

Humans and apes were connected if you go back millions of years.

You can connect anyone to anyone but the connection between you and I is tenuous (fortunately).
Walker

Post by Walker »

jayjacobus wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:40 am
Walker wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:47 am Au contraire. Logic can connect everything to everything, and anything to anything, and anything to everything, and let's not forget everything to anything, which is convenient since everything in the universe results in the present moment. You may want to study the phenomenon of six degrees of separation and its offshoot, six degrees of Kevin Bacon.

Humans and apes were connected if you go back millions of years.
(So goes the theory.)

You can connect anyone to anyone but the connection between you and I is tenuous (fortunately).
(Not as tenuous as the connection between ape and man.)